GUILTY VA - NFL QB Michael Vick, 3 others indicted for dog fighting, Surry County, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that's what they should be. But the majority on the streets are not AKC standards, being bred of dubious heritage and temperaments in backyards everywhere. A well bred pit may show these qualities because of it's careful breeding. Those dogs are not the problem.
I agree with you, which is why I fight for tougher laws. If we get the bad ones bred out, the good ones will be left. We need a spay/neauter law on all pits, except for the top notch breeders. And those breeders only sell ALL dogs who have been fixed.

Jay Lenos joke tonight.

So I went and bought the new Mike Vick doll and it is my dogs favorite chew toy.

I never watch him, but I love him right now!!

Nobody said Larry Byrd??? Oh yea I am the only hoosier here...DUH>...LOL

Larry Bird - AMAZINGLY gifted athlete, yes? Role model? Hardly. His treatment of his daughter is appalling.

I agree with you, which is why I fight for tougher laws. If we get the bad ones bred out, the good ones will be left. We need a spay/neauter law on all pits, except for the top notch breeders. And those breeders only sell ALL dogs who have been fixed.

I totally agree Indygal. I think that owners should also have to have a license to have a pitbull, it would detour people who cannot afford them and want them for the wrong reasons from having them. What do people think will happen if the breed is band, okay all the good dogs will be put down. The bad ones will be hid underground and bred and sold for outrageous prices. This will make the problem worse because only the gaming dogs will be left out of pitbulls.

Larry Bird - AMAZINGLY gifted athlete, yes? Role model? Hardly. His treatment of his daughter is appalling.

Where can I find out about the treatment of his daughter, Masterj? I googled but came up with nothing.

Thanks

Between now, and the time we hear from the commissioner, on what they are going to do about Michael Vick, I am doing a One-A-Day email, sometimes, two, or three, to let the Falcons, Players Association, and the NFL, know that I'm not willing to drop the subject of Michael Vick.

Keep writing:

Here's a Falcon's feedback site:
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/About/Contact_Us.aspx

Carl.Francis@nflplayers.com

To phone the NFL Public Relations (you may have to leave a message), call: (212) 450-2000

Roger Goodell's Email Address (NFL Commissioner)
Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net

Between now, and the time we hear from the commissioner, on what they are going to do about Michael Vick, I am doing a One-A-Day email, sometimes, two, or three, to let the Falcons, Players Association, and the NFL, know that I'm not willing to drop the subject of Michael Vick.

Keep writing:

To phone the NFL Public Relations (you may have to leave a message), call: (212) 450-2000

Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net
I am doing to same!

I'm orderingmy Michael Vick t-shirt today. I will wear it proudly on every shopping trip I make :) If anyone is interested, go to www.cafepress.com
and search for "Michael Vick". There is a fantastic assortment of shirts, pins and bumperstickers. PETA even has a shirt for dogs.

Where can I find out about the treatment of his daughter, Masterj? I googled but came up with nothing.

Thanks

I will find the articles today and start a new topic so we don't hijack this one anymore. :)

Keep writing:

Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net

Me too. I'm focusing on the Player's Association, I think they are a stumbling block to change and justice in the NFL right now.

Vick should be stoned to death, let's get this over with right now. It will be a travesty if he doesn't face prison time.

the penalty will be weak even if we're lucky and that barbarian serves time. I'll be repulsed if he gets something lame like probation or some weak *advertiser censored* fine for a guy who's worth 9 figures. He really should get something torturous like a stoning or being driven around chained to a car. However I'll settle for a good old fashioned hanging.

Michael Vick is a disgusting, pitiful example for a human being.

Vick should be stoned to death, let's get this over with right now. It will be a travesty if he doesn't face prison time.

the penalty will be weak even if we're lucky and that barbarian serves time. I'll be repulsed if he gets something lame like probation or some weak *advertiser censored* fine for a guy who's worth 9 figures. He really should get something torturous like a stoning or being driven around chained to a car. However I'll settle for a good old fashioned hanging.

Agreed. On every point. I will be hugely disappointed to see him come out of this with no jail time. I am also upset with the team owner. I forget where I originally saw it but Blank had reportedly been receiving letters from either PETA or the SPCA or Humane Society since 2003 that Vick was involved in this, Blank has bailed Vick out too many times. I personally think Blank helped bail Vick out of that water bottle thing that at first smelled of marijuana and then all of a sudden didn't? Whatever. He was Blank's Golden Boy and Blank was banking on him.

NFL decides no Titans training camp for suspended 'Pacman'

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Suspended cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was denied his request Thursday by the NFL to join the Tennessee Titans in training camp. "The request by Adam Jones to revise the terms of his suspension so that he can participate in training camp has been denied," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail.

Titans coach Jeff Fisher said the team learned of the league's decision shortly before his news conference to preview the opening of training camp. "It's what we have expected throughout the offseason -- that he will not be permitted to participate in training camp, and he will only be permitted to use the facility one day a week for treatment and counseling," Fisher said. "We've moved on. We're looking forward to filling the holes. We feel like we've done so with the roster. Now we need to do so with production on the field."

Jones had been preparing for camp as his agent Michael Huyghue contended commissioner Roger Goodell never ruled out training camp or preseason games when suspending Jones for the 2007 season for conduct detrimental to the league. But Goodell originally told Jones when suspending him that the cornerback could not practice with the team during the suspension, which includes training camp.

Since the suspension was handed down in April, Jones was arrested for the sixth time since being drafted on two counts of felony coercion stemming from a fight at a Las Vegas strip club during NBA All-Star weekend. A shooting after the fight left a man paralyzed but no one has been charged in that assault. The Las Vegas case is one of three still pending, including charges in Georgia and Tennessee.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-pacman&prov=ap&type=lgns

Keep writing:

Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net

I also think Michael Vick is a disgusting, pitiful example for a human being, but I think it is a bit ridiculous to say he should be stoned to death! That's a bit drastic, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudy89