GUILTY VA - Noah Gabriel Trout, 2, found alive, nursery at Riverview Baptist Church, Giles Co., 2 May 2021

Are there no sign out procedures at the day care? I’ve worked in childcare and schools in Australia and the sign out of children has many rules. If your not on the list given by the parent and the parent has not informed you someone else is Picking them up then the child does not leave without talking to parent by phone. Seems quite scary that anyone could just walk in and take a kid without speaking to a worker. They have to be known, or this is even more scary!
Moo

Last edited:
Are there no sign out procedures at the day care? I’ve worked in childcare and schools in Australia and the sign out of children has many rules. If your not on the list given by the parent and the parent has not informed you someone else is Picking them up then the child does not leave without talking to parent by phone. Seems quite scary that anyone could just walk in and take a kid without speaking to a worker. They have to be known, or this is even more scary!
Moo
I agree that there should be more stringent procedures, but IMO this was during church services....a church nursery is probably a little lax....This has been years ago, but my church had a nursery during services and it was run by whoever happened to volunteer that week.

I worked at a church nursery for many years. There is no way in h*ll any of us would’ve allowed a stranger to walk away with one of our babies/toddlers. We had sign in sheets, name tags for babies & parents, & a pager system. Not to mention most of our families were regulars, so we knew which child belonged to which parent.
One Sunday, a drunk man got into the church during services & came up to the front counter of the nursery. (The front counter was separated from the rest of the room by a baby gate system. Our instincts were to immediately block the gate area (with our bodies) & call for help to remove him. I don’t know what his intentions were, but I was ready to kick the world’s butt for any of the babies left in my care. I don’t know what we would’ve done if he’d pulled a weapon, but I’m guessing we would’ve fought bc there would’ve been no way to grab all the babies & run for safety.
I imagine most nursery workers would react similarly. So, unless this church left like a scared 12yo kid in charge of their nursery, or the abductor had a weapon & kidnapped the child that way, how did this even happen? And, it doesn’t appear this was the case, as the image shows the toddler following a person out the door?
This case makes no sense. I pray this sweet little one is found safe & sound. And, this church needs to seriously get their nursery safety protocol in order. Unbelievable.

I worked at a church nursery for many years. There is no way in h*ll any of us would’ve allowed a stranger to walk away with one of our babies/toddlers. We had sign in sheets, name tags for babies & parents, & a pager system. Not to mention most of our families were regulars, so we knew which child belonged to which parent.
One Sunday, a drunk man got into the church during services & came up to the front counter of the nursery. (The front counter was separated from the rest of the room by a baby gate system. Our instincts were to immediately block the gate area (with our bodies) & call for help to remove him. I don’t know what his intentions were, but I was ready to kick the world’s butt for any of the babies left in my care. I don’t know what we would’ve done if he’d pulled a weapon, but I’m guessing we would’ve fought bc there would’ve been no way to grab all the babies & run for safety.
I imagine most nursery workers would react similarly. So, unless this church left like a scared 12yo kid in charge of their nursery, or the abductor had a weapon & kidnapped the child that way, how did this even happen? And, it doesn’t appear this was the case, as the image shows the toddler following a person out the door?
This case makes no sense. I pray this sweet little one is found safe & sound. And, this church needs to seriously get their nursery safety protocol in order. Unbelievable.
I'd say your church seemed to be on the higher end of "security" procedures for a nursery/day room. Often they're managed by parent volunteers or even older children that don't fit into the Sunday School program but aren't quite old enough for the actual church service.
I wouldn't be comfortable leaving a small child at the church nursery, despite being in the same building. This is just my opinion based on when I went to Sunday school as a child and then was asked to monitor the nursery when someone else was unable to be there that week. I was maybe 13.

This woman had to have known Noah in some fashion. I highly doubt she would have walked into a daycare room and just picked a child. What if she was picking one that a parent was working in the room? IMO

This is awful news.

The perpetrator appears to be a white male between the ages of 55-65.

I believe that most predators start to "mellow out" during middle age.

The perpetrator's older age and Noah being a toddler could imply that he is acting under the direction of somebody else- perhaps a woman desiring a child?

This is awful news.

The perpetrator appears to be a white male between the ages of 55-65.

I believe that most predators start to "mellow out" during middle age.

The perpetrator's older age and Noah being a toddler could imply that he is acting under the direction of somebody else- perhaps a woman desiring a child?
Where are you reading this info?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back