GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think they might have pushed the car into a lake to hide it? Or are lakes too frozen up there now?

Just came back from eating and found this. Great news so happy she is safe. Btw you guy's rock. If I am ever missing I want all of you on my case.
hope you don't have any skeletons in that closet, because trust me, we will find them :innocent:

I can't think of the case...maybe some of you will...but an underage boy was questioned for something like 18 hours in the death of his younger sister. No parents present. No lawyer present. He kept telling them he didn't do it, but after a while just told them what they wanted to hear. I want to say he was found guilty but it may have been overturned later.

I agree it happens.
If you are planning to prosecute the case it is a big problem down stream.

Japaandaaa - I have a few months on ya here at ws, but also got on because of joan's case. Hopefully justice will come for her one day. Check out the "river killers" or smiley face killers thread about all the young men missing/found dead or drugged ESP across Midwest, interesting. Your posts have been great

You know what, I do care, BUT these are children with no guidance in their lives.
They need to be helped first before they are prosecuted.And helped before they have no other out and begin a life of a criminal.

Oh, I completely agree with you! I was just saying that children are capable of the unthinkable. There's another case...and the ID channel has covered it a lot...where a 7 or 8 year old boy coerced a 4 year old into a field and beat him with a rock. The little boy died and the kid that did it is still in prison many years later. There's a reason these kids do these things and no one ever really wants to address that. It's easier and less time consuming to throw them in jail forever.

Anyone think they might have pushed the car into a lake to hide it? Or are lakes too frozen up there now?

I live in Washington DC, and nothing up here is even close to frozen yet. It snowed for a couple hours today, but you couldn't even see a flurry on the ground.

Brittany is only 12, which in a way may turn out to be better than if she was older...in 2-3 years, even with a trial, this should all be over with, as far as he legalities, and at least she has a loving dad and family. Of course she has lost her mom, she will never get her back. Maybe she can use Elizabeth Smart as a role model somewhere down the line, as Elizabeth is amazing at how she has put her life back together, testified and is now moving ahead.

you're kidding me - I have not heard this, my god.
I'd like to read more about this, anything you got that I can google to the story, name? thanks!

I'm going to miss seeing the tall grey-haired guy at the PC's...he was kinda cute. LOL Reminded me of someone....but not sure just who.

I've been lurking in this case and I am so thankful that Brittany has been found! God bless the clerk who had the presence of mind to call in that tip! I hope that Brittany can get the help she needs to heal from this ordeal.

If by up there you're referring to Ohio, today is the first non bitterly cold day in close to 2 weeks. Temps have been about 15 degrees below normal (40s to 20s).

Japaandaaa - I have a few months on ya here at ws, but also got on because of joan's case. Hopefully justice will come for her one day. Check out the "river killers" or smiley face killers thread about all the young men missing/found dead or drugged ESP across Midwest, interesting. Your posts have been great

I agree. I still frequent all the news feeds about Joan Renee Cook, even though it seems they have hit a dead end. I still hope they will find out what happened to her. It's an eerie feeling always looking down the street and seeing the house and know she's out there somewhere.

I'll definitely check out that thread. I've been glancing over some and it's nuts how many cases are going on and have been left cold. It's also depressing to see what this world is coming to.

Thanks ! A big thanks to you as well.

Ugh, I missed the presser and don't have much time to read back. Could someone give me a quick briefing? Purty please. And is there a video of the presser some where?

She is not old enough to waive her rights or understand that what she says can be used against. Add to that the trauma she just went through and it is shaky at best for them to question her without a parent or a lawyer IF they want to use her statements against her.

If it was you child that was just rescued from a rape/kidnapping/possibly saw her parent murdered, and without your presence or an attorney questioned your twelve year old and then tried to use it against them I would imagine you would have an attorney raising hell about it.

You can't waive your rights until you understand you are waiving them.

Virginia is a statue state so you can bet if there is a law to enable them to use what she says they will. They are by the book letter of the law. Her lawyer might be able to use the fact she was caught and in custody because of an amber alert to get the court to strike her statement but dont think it would be a sure bet if she says something the implicates herself.

Whatever she says will and can be used against her. No joke .

AmyMarie, did you call that tip in?? If not, maybe you still should. LE may have missed a Facebook status update from a "friend". If I were investigating this case, I would at least want to speak with the trucker. Heck, at this point, I as a WebSleuther want to know if HE is ok.... KWIM??

I'll call it in right now. Lesson learned: it goes to show that nothing it "too crazy" of a suspicion. When I first mentioned it, it got no traction whatsoever. Now, it makes perfect sense.

Brittany Smith is a VICTIM in this case.

Until and unless LE states she is a suspect, she is a VICTIM.

Therefore, no more speculating that she was involved in her mother's murder.

Thanks.

Interesting that they haven't found the car yet. I bet they sold it for some ridiculous cheap price, and received cash money. It wouldn't be that hard to sell a car like that to some criminal type person that probably never listens to the news anyway. I don't see how they would have had enough money from what we have heard to get all the way across the US. They would need food and gas money, and they didn't seem to be purchasing much besides camping equipment and some gatorade and water.

Look I'm not going to deviate that she is 12 years old. There is no way I am going to give any blame to a child of that age. Not for one minute. Period

Not as if he was 18 or 20 or 21 or...

He's not her boyfriend. They didn't have a love relationship. He's a 32 year old adult pedophilia and likely, a murderer.

Well good night all, thank goodness she was found safe and alive. Too bad we cant follow up on these kids. She has a long row to go without her mommy and even worse being a witness. May she find peace and strength to grow and at the very least if a Santa is in her beliefs may his reindeer find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aoajanw