GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother was explaining to me about finding my great-grandmother. She passed away during the night. My mother said she had went to bed at midnight and that my great-grandmother was in bed. My mom said she woke up at 7am the next morning and knew something was wrong because she could usually hear ( through baby monitors ) my great-grandmother up around 5am. When she found her, she was in the floor on her stomach and she was blue and very stiff and all the blood had sunk to the lower part of her. She couldn't even move her when trying to turn her over to check her face. This was in a period of less than 7 hours. It's hard telling what state TS was in when she was found. One thing was it got very cold that weekend ; so that alone, could throw the TOD off, let alone decomposition. Not saying it didn't take place, but the cold could have slowed it down. Overall, I can't imagine finding someone I know dead, especially if it was done in a horrible manner.

:(

that would mean the furnace was on??? heat anyways would decomp more??? unless JE turned heat down.........doubt it.:furious:

I wonder if/when will they bring the other car back from CA? You know it was impounded out there.

I wonder if/when will they bring the other car back from CA? You know it was impounded out there.

I'd assume as soon as they were done processing it and got from it what they needed, it would be released. I could be wrong.

Have they processed AMc's purple car that was at the Apple Market? I still want to know who was driving the car that night. I just don't believe it was JM. I have nothing to base that on, except that it doesn't feel right to me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Absolutely agree, but Ducks are difficult when trying to get them in a row. Always there is a stray going in the wrong direction :innocent:

Now, you wouldn't be one of those ducks that are difficult and going off in the wrong direction would you??? Thanks! I needed a laugh today!

Sorry. I am out of touch with the thread. It's been a day - do we know yet COD? Do we have any idea when COD may be available?

I have wondered about the timing myself because I am pretty sure that to get from the east coast to the west coast it takes a week in driving time.

I have wondered about the timing myself because I am pretty sure that to get from the east coast to the west coast it takes a week in driving time.

Nope, it can be done in 2-3 days if you drive straight through.

O/T :woohoo:

We had near record high yesterday and now we are getting our 1st snow of the year....brrrrr and yipeee!!

They were gone for a week. Even at 3 or 4 days of drive time, they still would've had 3-4 days in SF.

Not to get off topic here. However, I found my Mother dead at her age of 52. I did cpr on her etc to no avail. She had been gone for several hours already. Her face was blue, her jaw was locked and all because she had a heart attack. It is very traumatizing. I can only imagine the counseling the co-worker will need. It can be very haunting.

Thank you for sharing, voiceover.. As you said it is something that would be etched forever in your memory..Just by the summed up version of your ^account^{in your above post}it is very evident that the detail of what you saw and experienced when finding your dear mother.. that it, too is very much etched in your memory.. again thank you for sharing:)

**Thanks for joining us here at WS..I enjoy reading your posts**

We had near record high yesterday and now we are getting our 1st snow of the year....brrrrr and yipeee!!

Are you near me??? LOL cause we had a dusting a few weeks ago, but other than that, it has felt almost tropical lately!

I don't have anything to add to the discussion today, had something a few pages back, but now, alas, I have forgotten. lol carry on :angel:

Same here - snow today... :)

a quick mapquest inquiry,

Roanoke to San Fran. 2744 miles - 41 hours

So on a "fast" schedule that could be how long it takes. When we went from OR to CO, it was 1300ish and took 3 days..... We def did not drive straight through, but were on the road for 8+ hours a day..... potty breaks (young kids) and food, and gas. SO different, but you get the idea, making that in anything less than 3 days is determination, or drugs IMO.

I made a trip from Riverside - CA to Salem - VA ( when I moved here ) and it took us about 3 days. That was including stops to eat, rest, and shower, but we did a lot of "straight" driving. JSE could have easily made it to California in 3 days tops, especially if he was on drugs. I would think the adrenaline alone would be enough to have him on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici