GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #8

If Tina's funeral was a closed casket (which is probably the case), I can see that the whole nightmare of her mom's death would not sink into her brain.
I remember a dear friend that never wanted shown.
We gathered in a room 7-8pm (pictures everywhere)
No flowers, because she wanted love gifts to go to humane society.
We did laugh at old photos.
The service was there at 8pm........15 minutes at most.
Then we all left.
It still seems unreal that she is gone.
It was surreal, unlike any other funeral I have been at.

Picture1-5.png

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-welcome-home-celebration-for-b-121910,0,5260220.story

Brittany looks so much different already.........
I would like to see photos BEFORE JE came into her life.............

Brittany looks so much different already.........
I would like to see photos BEFORE JE came into her life.............

If you go to the FB page for BS's brother, there are pictures from the summer, before he died, for comparison.

:waitasec: Are you saying that BS looked like a twelve year old child prior to Easley coming into her life?

I think Illeklaah was saying the pictures of BS at her welcome home celebration looks like those of a child! Sorry to hear you have been sick, glad you are better! As far as other charges go - no new ones yet.

I must say that I agree. I've been a bit surprised that her father did not get her an attorney before she was even questioned in CA.
Considering she is only 12, I doubt she has anything to worry about in a legal sense.

BS may need the money later for legal councel.
I would think a lawyer to guard her, help her on the right track.
After all, BS may be a witness to what happened to her mom, and is a witness to her kidnapping.
So if she were my daughter, I would have counselors and a lawyer to be on her side asap. JMOO

Why would a witnesses need lawyers?

I think Illeklaah was saying the pictures of BS at her welcome home celebration looks like those of a child! Sorry to hear you have been sick, glad you are better! As far as other charges go - no new ones yet.

Thank you, I was wondering what BS was like prior to JE coming into her life. Does anyone have any information that would enlighten me? TIA.

I find the topic of giving 'love offerings' or donations at the time of funerals interesting, as I just attended the funeral of one of my aunts yesterday. Had not seen this side of the family in a few years. I had known that my uncle probably did not have a lot of money, but do know he has a lot of love from his children and other family and friends. My aunt was cremated and just as in TS's case, her ashes were on a table in front of the chapel. I noticed my uncle was holding some cards and it occurred to me that perhaps people had been bringing 'love offerings' to him during the memorial service. I had wanted to do that but did not want to offend him and was really uneasy if it would have been appropriate to do this. Am even now wondering if I should put a little money in a sympathy card and send to him and if I did that, should I put a notation on the sympathy card or just include it and not mention it? Sorry to be sort of OT with this.

Yes, us southerners sure do like to take potato salad to a family when someone has passed away. (Bless our hearts).

Considering she is only 12, I doubt she has anything to worry about in a legal sense.

Children connected to a crime are represented everyday, every hour across the world whether that child was a witness, spectator, victim of kidnapping, or whatever. That child needs an advocate to protect her rights. Period. I can't discuss all of my thoughts at this time, so I'll wait until it is time.

I would hope the father hired a family attorney to help be the family mouthpiece of sorts. NOT a celebrity lawyer, but just someone to advise dad on navigating this terrain and protecting his family from the "cult of celebrity" that sometimes springs up around the family involved in a high profile case.

As to hiring one for BS, that seems suggestive of her needing one?

Looks NOTHING like the other pictures of her! She actually looks like a child.

She does look like a child in the Welcome Celebration. It is difficult to recognize her compared to the Facebook photos and photographs shown during the Amber Alert. The lady who called LE in CA was very observant.

Does anyone know the laws regarding a child advocate being assigned to sit in on interviews with a child who is a witness in a series of crimes and the victim of a kidnapping? I imagine they vary from state to state?

I would hope the father hired a family attorney to help be the family mouthpiece of sorts. NOT a celebrity lawyer, but just someone to advice dad on navigating this terrain and protecting his family from the "cult of celebrity" that sometimes springs up around the family involved in a high profile case.

As to hiring one for BS, that seems suggestive of her needing one?

Now you know that I would be censored if I even went there.......so I'm going to just have to wait and see where the investigation leads just like everyone else................:waitasec:

Does anyone know the laws regarding a child advocate being assigned to sit in on interviews with a child who is a witness in a series of crimes and the victim of a kidnapping? I imagine they vary from state to state?

Great question! I was wondering that myself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back