Identified! VA - Virginia Beach, WhtMale UP 9528, natural causes, Oct'01 - Samuel Barnard

I found a guy in Michigan of the right size and age who left a drug rehab program a month before our UID was found, and was last seen climbing into a southbound semi truck. The only trouble is, he's almost completely bald. No way he could grow a head of hair in a month...sigh.

As a runner, this case speaks to me.
If he was dressed for running/jogging (I want to know exactly what kind of tan pants he had on), he was probably an avid runner/jogger. So what missing men fitting his age who regularly ran or jogged and have been missing since 10/01?

I knew two middle-aged men who regularly ran and jogged who dropped dead while running/jogging.

He was slightly overweight but this doesn't mean he wasn't an avid jogger- he just may have liked food even more than running.

I feel like this case can be solved so easily based on his running attire (to show if he was a reguar runner) and also there's a PM pic taken so very soon after his death.

If he was dressed for running/jogging (I want to know exactly what kind of tan pants he had on), he was probably an avid runner/jogger. So what missing men fitting his age who regularly ran or jogged and have been missing since 10/01?

I knew two middle-aged men who regularly ran and jogged who dropped dead while running/jogging.

He was slightly overweight but this doesn't mean he wasn't an avid jogger- he just may have liked food even more than running.

I feel like this case can be solved so easily based on his running attire (to show if he was a reguar runner) and also there's a PM pic taken so very soon after his death.

His NAMUS page has a PM pic. I've emailed the contact on his case but haven't heard back from her. I'll call on Monday and ask about his clothes as I was wondering about that, too.

My first thought, given the area is is that he may have been wearing desrt tan BDU pants and if he was retired military may have felt comfortable excercising in these typr of pants. Also the green T-shirt could indicate possibly retired military. ( although I have no idea what color green the shirt actually is) 5'10 218 could indicate he had decent muscle mass even at an advanced age and he may not look "fat". Either way it could lead to heart problems.

My first thought, given the area is is that he may have been wearing desrt tan BDU pants and if he was retired military may have felt comfortable excercising in these typr of pants. Also the green T-shirt could indicate possibly retired military. ( although I have no idea what color green the shirt actually is) 5'10 218 could indicate he had decent muscle mass even at an advanced age and he may not look "fat". Either way it could lead to heart problems.

Is there any way to check for people who might have gone AWOL from the military bases that are so close to the area? If he was active military he might have been out jogging and the only clue to his fate that he didn't report for duty the next day.

carbuff -- is there a way to search that? I'm too tired to google right now LOL

carbuff -- is there a way to search that? I'm too tired to google right now LOL

I don't know of any way short of contacting all the bases -- I don't even know what person would be responsible for tracking that kind of thing. Do we have anybody who was stationed in Norfolk who might be able to help out?

Some simple updates to my "pet" case via NamUS this morning:

The following fields have been changed:
DNA : nucDNA changed from "Unchecked" to "Checked"

DNA : Location changed from "" to "Other"

DNA : Reference Number changed from "" to "C11-16010"

DNA : Location Other changed from "" to "Virginia Division of Forsenic Scince"

DNA : DNA Status changed from "none" to "submitted not complete"

DNA : mtDNA changed from "Unchecked" to "Checked"

Updated description: "On 10/16/01, the victim ran into the Burger King Restaurant on Laskin Road and collapsed of appearent heart attack. He was transported to Virginia Beach General Hospital ER where he was pronounced dead. The decedent had no identification on him."

Updated clothing description (thank goodness!!!):
"T-shirt, green.
Fresno Sport tan pants, size 38; has white, black, and light brown paint blotches and splatters on shorts.
White underwear & socks
Boat shoes, size 9 1/2, Route 66 footwear company."

I tried to google Fresno Sport and I believe it was a brand sold at JCP. Not sure if it's available anymore.

Oh and Rt 66 is still available at KMart if I'm not mistaken.

Oh wow - that changes things up, doesn't it? Boat shoes?

I'm wondering now if he "jogged" into the Burger King b/c he knew he was needing medical attention asap. My first thought is that he had a history of cardiac problems and knew that he needed his nitroglycerin for the particular symptoms he was having. I wonder if he was able to communicate with anyone in the restaurant before he collapsed?

That outfit makes it highly unlikely he was just out for a jog.

I agree. And the 38" waist goes against my thoughts that he might be a fit 5'10" 218lbs.

I wonder where the idea that he was out jogging came from? did anyone see him jogging along the road prior to entering the Burger King?

It sounds like he wasn't jogging at all- except some short distance to get into the BK.

Why do adults run for non exercise reasons?
-It is starting to rain
-Someone is after them
-They are running late
-Perhaps feeling bad?? I don't know about this one. If I started feeling pain in my chest, I am not sure I would run anywhere. More likely, I would be moving gingerly towards the BK.

I don't know.

Where did the information come from that he died while jogging? The NamUs profile states:
On 10/16/01, the victim ran into the Burger King Restaurant on Laskin Road and collapsed of appearent heart attack. He was transported to Virginia Beach General Hospital ER where he was pronounced dead. The decedent had no identification on him.
I cannot find another profile for him (Doe Network, NAMPN.ORG, etc)...

The 1st post says he
Was running on Laskin Ave.
Did someone see him running before he went into the Burger King? Where on Laskin was he seen before hand? It looks like Little Neck Creek marina is close by {boat shoes}. Could he have been coming from there and Burger King was the 1st place that he found that had someone who might be able to help him? I hope they checked with the marina to see if he looked familiar...

It sounds like he wasn't jogging at all- except some short distance to get into the BK.

Why do adults run for non exercise reasons?
-It is starting to rain
-Someone is after them
-They are running late
-Perhaps feeling bad?? I don't know about this one. If I started feeling pain in my chest, I am not sure I would run anywhere. More likely, I would be moving gingerly towards the BK.

I don't know.

I agree. What if they need help for someone else? Is there any profiles for missing couples from that time period? Could he have been running trying to get help for someone else and had a heart attack because of it?

Anone have any idea what the other businesses are between the marina and burger king are?
http://binged.it/W3fccp

Is there a way to tell if any cars were impounded/towed in that time frame?

Has anyone looked at the local newspaper archive for that day to see if anything else happened? car accident, drowning, robbery, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf
Back