CANADA Vancouver, BC - BlkFem, 30-40, found floating, wearing backpack, kayak and lifejacket found nearby, Sept 2022

I read on one of the missing FB sites like this one West Coast Missing People | Facebook where she is listed that a family member did notify LE, IIRR approx. two weeks ago questioning if this Jane Doe could be her. I didn't see an update.
View attachment 379699
Interesting. She's listed as indigenous, but I can see why someone might ID this person as black, if they didn't know her personally. I think she's a good possibility. The question would be where she was for a few months, but her last seen was at a hospital. If she was there for something psychiatric or neurological, perhaps she's been sleeping rough. The only big thing is the Doe has an abdominal scar, and it says Tamara has no distinguishing marks or tattoos. I don't know if that means she literally has none, or they just don't know of any. An abdominal scar would be hidden by clothing, so it's likely a lot of folks she knew wouldn't know it was there unless they knew she'd had surgery or had seen her changing or in a bikini.

Interesting. She's listed as indigenous, but I can see why someone might ID this person as black, if they didn't know her personally. I think she's a good possibility. The question would be where she was for a few months, but her last seen was at a hospital. If she was there for something psychiatric or neurological, perhaps she's been sleeping rough. The only big thing is the Doe has an abdominal scar, and it says Tamara has no distinguishing marks or tattoos. I don't know if that means she literally has none, or they just don't know of any. An abdominal scar would be hidden by clothing, so it's likely a lot of folks she knew wouldn't know it was there unless they knew she'd had surgery or had seen her changing or in a bikini.
I agree with you. The scar could have been more recent (hospital) or nobody knows. I couldn't find other pictures of her. I would like to see one with freckles, because I don't see that either.

Odd that she would be wearing the backpack instead of the life jacket if she had been kayaking. Extra gear would be stowed. No one stows their life jacket instead of their backpack.
If it's not too off-colour to speculate cause of death and mindset of the deceased, backpacks or pockets filled with weights or stones have been used throughout history for suicides by drowning.

Or, this could be accidental, she fell out when she didn't have her lifejacket on (some people are resistant to wearing them, like seatbelts), or the kayak and lifejacket weren't hers, but were just found in the area of her body.

All MOO, but all plausible, I think.

I agree that the kayak and lifejacket may not have been hers.

Just my two cents - I've paddleboarded at Spanish Banks and the waters can be a bit rougher then your average protected lake/river since your in the ocean. Since the area's so accessible it's a popular place to kayak/paddle/windsurf, but people sometimes lose their gear because they underestimate how unpredictable the water can be. Inflatables particularly can be tricky because the shape of the Burrard inlet creates something of a wind tunnel on bad days. Maybe the lifejacket was an extra stowed on the kayak that floated when the owner lost the kayak.

Odd that she would be wearing the backpack instead of the life jacket if she had been kayaking. Extra gear would be stowed. No one stows their life jacket instead of their backpack.
IMO
I was thinking the backpack was to hold the inflatable kayak. My son has one that he hikes with it. If it is a local trip like to a park, he just leaves the bp in the car because it is a large size and not a day pack size.

DEC 12

A vial of insulin was also found nearby and investigators believe she may have been a diabetic who suffered medical distress before capsizing and falling into the water. However, they still don't know for sure.

He adds that because they have been unable to identify her they believe her to be a newcomer to Canada or a traveler who hasn't yet been reported missing.

DEC 12

A vial of insulin was also found nearby and investigators believe she may have been a diabetic who suffered medical distress before capsizing and falling into the water. However, they still don't know for sure.

He adds that because they have been unable to identify her they believe her to be a newcomer to Canada or a traveler who hasn't yet been reported missing.

So glad this case is still getting LE attention! The bit about the insulin vial is interesting but the wording is weird...found nearby? Like floating in the water? Or found on shore? If so how could they connect it to her? And was her glucose checked as part of a blood/tox screen or did they accept the COD of drowning and not order ancillary tests?

Looking on interpol looking for missing travelers, though I'm aware that 99% of missing travelers never get posted there...
This woman, ELIS MILET MARTINEZ MUÑOZ, initially caught my attention, though information is scarce. She is 42, went missing in January from Columbia, and is specifically listed as having freckles. She is 5'6" with no info about weight. What do you guys think facially?
1670896398580.png1670896429284.png

I found a couple FB posts about her disappearance and the circumstances are interesting; she went missing while traveling (unknown if by car or plane) with her Danish partner. I think those circumstances make it more likely for her to end up somewhere abroad. The extra photos posted, though, look nothing like the recon! She looks very different with eyebrows done and hair straightened. I wonder what her natural hair texture is; her DL photo used in interpol makes it look like it may be naturally curly?

1670896555098.png

Looking on interpol looking for missing travelers, though I'm aware that 99% of missing travelers never get posted there...
This woman, ELIS MILET MARTINEZ MUÑOZ, initially caught my attention, though information is scarce. She is 42, went missing in January from Columbia, and is specifically listed as having freckles. She is 5'6" with no info about weight. What do you guys think facially?
View attachment 387039View attachment 387040

I found a couple FB posts about her disappearance and the circumstances are interesting; she went missing while traveling (unknown if by car or plane) with her Danish partner. I think those circumstances make it more likely for her to end up somewhere abroad. The extra photos posted, though, look nothing like the recon! She looks very different with eyebrows done and hair straightened. I wonder what her natural hair texture is; her DL photo used in interpol makes it look like it may be naturally curly?

View attachment 387041
Yes, she looks Afro-Colombian to me. It looks like she has used some sort of straightener, perm, or relaxer on her hair, so she probably has at least some curl pattern naturally.

I would submit her and see.

View attachment 387039View attachment 387040

View attachment 387041
Oop, nevermind! I think her inclusion in Interpol is outdated. I found a very harrowing article about her Danish boyfriend and a "companion" being kidnapped and held for randsom in Columbia, but it appears both were released June of this year.

She looks passingly like Gabriela Apaza Laura (from Bolivia DLC Aug 27 2022) but alas, I can't find anything else about her apart from her inclusion on Interpol. If you look her up on FB, there's someone with the same name out of Bolivia but I can't tell if it's her?? All these filters are messing with my facial recognition!
1683760520387.png

1685584243413.png

May 29, 2023 rbbm.
''On the eight-month anniversary of a tragic discovery near a Vancouver beach, police are renewing a public appeal for help identifying a drowning victim.

Investigators have received about 30 tips from the public in the months since a tug boat crew discovered a woman’s body floating in the water at Spanish Banks, according to statement issued by the Vancouver Police Department on Monday.
''Police say the tug boat crew brought the woman to shore but, despite life-saving efforts, she later died in hospital.''
'
They’ve checked her fingerprints and DNA on police databases, reviewed surveillance footage and are continuing to liaise with “various national consulates,” according to the VPD statement.''

I still not get the narrative. She was found floating in the water, taken to hospital and passed. Did they find the Kayak and life jacket near her body in the water? And what about the "A vial of insulin was also found nearby"? Was it floating in the water too? If she was a traveler from abroad, she must have stayed somewhere and had other belongings that were left behind. Could she have been on a boat and someone left her there alone on purpose?

This missing woman caught my attention..
1685711590507.png
''FREDERICKSBURG, VA (WWBT) - Police need your help to find a woman who has not been seen by family for more than two years.

Fredericksburg Police are searching for 37-year-old Sonya Williams. She went missing in January 2016.

Williams is a black woman with light complexion, five-feet-nine-inches tall, weighs 140 pounds, has black hair, brown eyes and freckles.

If you have seen Williams, call the Fredericksburg Police Department at 540–373–3122.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horusthetortoise
Back