MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

So, I am over at NC5 Nick Beres facebook page and it's quite interesting, if you haven't been there, take a look.

This is what he has to say for tonight's broadcast:

BRACE YOURSELF: There is a huge new development in the Vanderbilt rape case. If you thought this was over with the trial ... think again. A tip led me to something very significant. This IS a very big deal and something everyone will be talking about -- from defense attorneys ... the DA ... the victim and especially Vandenburg and Batey's families. We now have several reporters on the story. Watch tonight at 6 ... and I will have much more coming up tomorrow. Trust me ... everyone else will be following this story. We'll have the exclusive details first.

https://www.facebook.com/NC5NickBeres?fref=nf

Oh hmmmm even Phil Williams from Channel 5 is helping with this story and he is a big investigating reporter for the station. He did the "Policing for Profit" reports, in which he has won lots of awards for.

Oh Boy, so Nick Beres also has a rather long post on his Facebook that is rather interesting:

He has a 4 point observation of the trial.
Vanderburg and Batey, of course we know really hasn't let the full effect sink in.
Those sidebars in back, well apparently they got really really heated.
The judge has decided to leave the trial sealed extended on documents until further notice.
And we know the Foreman said that Batey hurt himself by testifying.

On another note, and I haven't looked for it yet, Nick Beres had Fletcher Long on his morning show this morning, on NC5+. and I have seen a comment suggesting some kind of mental health charge or something... need to look for that.

hmmmm this just in:

Nick Beres ‏@NC5_NickBeres 2m2 minutes ago
HUGE new development in the Vanderbilt rape case!!! You will not believe what we've uncovered. The exclusive story at 6!

that's it!! No hint lol !

I hope it is not a twitter post I saw last night.

I hope it is not a twitter post I saw last night.

Would that be about the urine and racial slur? I read the article on it.

Nick Beres just posted this...

Nick Beres ‏@NC5_NickBeres 5m5 minutes ago
UNBELIEVABLE: Seismic development in Vandy rape case just two days after the verdict. Will it stand? Exclusive at 6!

Prosecutor did say that Mckenzie had the least involvement in the incident. Was Vandenburg ever offered a plea or was his conduct too egregious ? I know 2 of his former friends received probation for misdemeanors.

Per numerous interviews I have heard with Thurman, there was no real attempt for a plea deal. He said something like "we were always too far apart".

Would that be about the urine and racial slur? I read the article on it.

Nick Beres just posted this...

Nick Beres ‏@NC5_NickBeres 5m5 minutes ago
UNBELIEVABLE: Seismic development in Vandy rape case just two days after the verdict. Will it stand? Exclusive at 6!

No, it was a twitter post by a friend of the victim the day after the rape. I have to think that everyone has seen it though

Someone on their FB page just commented they heard on the news that it has something to do with a juror

At this point I do not think anything from the trial should be sealed. I understand the "back hallway" may have been necessary due to cramped space and so many attorneys not fitting for a "sidebar". The court recorder was there and that transcript should now be available. It gives the impression of "back room deals" that we have heard so much from TN Courts.

JMO's

At this point I do not think anything from the trial should be sealed. I understand the "back hallway" may have been necessary due to cramped space and so many attorneys not fitting for a "sidebar". The court recorder was there and that transcript should now be available. It gives the impression of "back room deals" that we have heard so much from TN Courts.

JMO's

I do and they need to leave it sealed until there is a plea deal or another completed trial.

Wow, okay I just watched a snippet on the news at 5. Chris Conte reported that it does have to do with a juror and something to do with sexual violence. Nothing more then that.

Bagging the evidence all together was just plain stupid. Cross contamination. Defense will find a way to use it. So far, I think the videos are the best evidence. It was sickening hearing Vanderburg laughing and egging on the other acts.

bbm

It was chilling and absolutely maddening. Mr. Fun "Come to my room" Guy -- Big Man on Campus -- and he was there for um, er, what? about a month? Disss-missed. Grrrrrr.

Totally guessing here, but maybe one of the jurors was a victim of sexual violence personally or someone close to them was and they didn't disclose it during voir dire and had they disclosed it the defense would have excluded them from being on the jury....and someone reported it to the defense team or court since the verdict. </wildguess>

Totally guessing here, but maybe one of the jurors was a victim of sexual violence personally or someone close to them was and they didn't disclose it during voir dire and had they disclosed it the defense would have excluded them from being on the jury....and someone reported it to the defense team or court since the verdict. </wildguess>

In the snippet they did say it was NOT disclosed. Could this really cause a mistrial? or Cause the Appeal process to offer up a new trial?

So, I am over at NC5 Nick Beres facebook page and it's quite interesting, if you haven't been there, take a look.

This is what he has to say for tonight's broadcast:

Oh hmmmm even Phil Williams from Channel 5 is helping with this story and he is a big investigating reporter for the station. He did the "Policing for Profit" reports, in which he has won lots of awards for.

HUH?

No, it was a twitter post by a friend of the victim the day after the rape. I have to think that everyone has seen it though

I haven't seen it... what is this about?

Someone on their FB page just commented they heard on the news that it has something to do with a juror

What has something to do with a juror? What FB re you talking about?

I don't get what is going on? Can someone please spell it out in English? Instead of all of these hints and codes? :waitasec:

Defense had to know about this and was holding in case of a guilty verdict.

They have the assault on tape so in the long run it really doesn't matter. It will just get the perps the maximum sentence due to the dt trying to prolong justice being handed down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eric.joel.rondo.sanchez
Back