Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to step back and catch my breath.......today was a huge disappointment....but I have no doubt they will retry and WIN. Look at all the new ammunition Juan has this time around. I take great pleasure in knowing ja will be in that concrete cell 23 hours a day...that has to be torture for her:floorlaugh: ...no more TV interviews, eating her meals in her box, noone to talk to....just a taste of what's to come.

They were told to present a self defense case and get her acquitted. They failed miserably at it.

Told by whom? All they were told to do was stay on the case and defend her. By the judge, not JA. They did that.

Alexander family needs to file the civil suit, pronto!

All I'm hearing is how HUGE of a win this is for JW and Nurmi. How sickening.

I'm saddened for Travis' loved ones because now this nightmare continues on even longer. It must must seem unending and horrific for them.

But I do not see this as a huge win for jodi! I'm surprised that so many do. It's no win. I;m not tearful or upset about it all, except for what it does to Travis' family. A huge win would have been if they couldn't find jodi guilty of Murder 1 or could not find aggravators.

We are good guys. We are in a good position. And now Juan Martinez has a second chance at a new jury. Since all the facts and the law are on his side and none on jodi's, that's not a horrible thing.

Have we heard from any jurors yet? Do we know if the gag against them has been lifted?

Wholeheartedly, 100% agree with his decision. She deserves the death penalty, and I support Arizona's decision to see this to completion. Justice has not been served, yet, and I don't want to hear any more mealy-mouthed verbiage from TH's that Arizona should just cave in and give her life. Now, THAT would be cowardly.

MTE! What nonsense! If the alexander family wants to go through this again, then by all means, retry the monster.

What does the state have to lose? Nothing. Why should they accept a LWOP plea when that would be what they would get if the jury hangs again? If there's a chance for DP, go for it I say..

I am way beyond pizzed the efff off so I will NOT write how I feel atm. To ALL of you WB's...I love and respect you and I can truly and honestly say that I am lucky to have had you all here when I needed you. For that, and many more reasons, I thank and love you all! My daughter calls you all my virtual BFF's...this is true. I respect all your opinions and as far as comments and opinions you all post...I respect them whether I agree with them or not. We are here to vent, opine, listen, read, laugh, joke around, express our feelings however we see fit as long as we respect the rules of the WB's mods. Thank you. May God bless the Alexander family in this time of need. My heart broke for them today and Steven really worries me. I pray for all of them, but admittedly, I pray for Steven most at this time. He really worries me. Thank you WB's. I will lurk but until my anger subsides...I can't post how I truly feel about all of this.

IMO another shady move...they are lying. Hoping for sympathy. They purposefully stayed away.

Right? I mean we were emotionally vested enough to be here during verdict watch, and we didn't get the luxury of a phone call to give us a heads up. No way she was that out of touch with what was going on in deliberations.

Joe Arpaio ‏@RealSheriffJoe 8m
Arias is returning to Estrella Jail and will remain closed custody. No more interviews for her.

I feel bad for so many people I can't think straight right now. Those Jurors have such a burden knowing this destroyed for the Alexanders. I admire the jurors who refused to back down from Death and truly saw the monster Jodi was. I feel horrible for the jurors who are free to learn what a monster she is. I feel horrible for the ones who will have wished they faught harder, faught less, I don't know, whatever they will feel... when the full picture is shed on them. For the jurors who were removed before their time who could potentially be hurting for not being there until the end... For the future jurors who will have to make this decision and endure a circus and feel the same burden.. And for the family who is so devastated, that I can't even pretend to understand their pain..

So many people are damaged because of Jodi.. It's... I don't even know what it is.. There is no word for it.

I'll try to ask one of my questions more succinctly:

If the case is re-tried for the DP, would that set CMFA up for an even stronger appeal and then possibly get to be a free citizen again?

I try and skim that stuff so I missed it or it was deleted.

FWIW, I am really disappointed in them. A lot. Even more than the Pinellas 12.

The duty of this jury was to finish this marathon, imvho. I dont think they gave it much effort. I think the Alexanders should have received way more consideration.

BBM

Sorry to hear you feel that way.
Casey Anthony is walking around free, because some jurors caved and found her not guilty.
Jodi Arias is in closed custody, sitting alone in her cell 23 hours a day.
Still facing the death penalty, since some jurors who wanted death did not cave and give her life!

No comparison IMO, absolutely none!!

Dr Drew is going to say he predicted this .. I'm sure of it.

I am just sick for the Alexander family. My heart goes out to them, my prayers are with them. This is a dark day for the family of Travis.

I think it's fitting that the Killer's family was nowhere to be found today. I'm glad she was all alone. She had better get used to it.

I'm just sick and if I post what I really think, I'll probably get banned. Going to keep my mouth shut because I've never been TO'd or banned, and I'm not going to start now. Going to back away for now and cool off.

This is NOT a win for the defense, it is only a delay
There will either be a re-trial of the penalty phase or a plea agreement by the County Attorney of Life (whether LWOP or LWP)
Doesn't matter because she will be in PRISON. And you can bet Mr. Martinez will be at all of her parole hearings if she get LWP.

No it isn't a win for the defense. Their client was not only found guilty, she was found to have met aggravating factors. They lost.

I highly respect this jury. They did their duty and determined guilt. They did declare it to be an aggravated crime. I said last night, I believe in the Death Penalty. But even believing in the DP, I don't know if I could vote for it if I was a juror. It is one thing to believe in the DP. It is another thing to be the one to make that decision about someone else.

Just like I believe that JA's crime was deserving of the DP. But I won't be totally heartbroken if she gets at least LWOP. For JA I think it will be an eye opening experience. Her statement to the jury showed how unrealistic her expectations of prison are. (She sounded like she planned to run the prison)
Instead she will get up when told, activities as told, meals as decided by someone else. It won't be long before any looks she has will be lost. She will be facing guards used to manipulative behavior. Bars on the windows and doors. And saving the best for last, she will be "fresh meat" in a prison where her colleague's have suffered abuse and know how to dish it out. She will get a new "girlfriend" but she won't get to choose who that girlfriend is, that decision will be made for her.

Somehow I don't think JA will not be able to cope with life behind bars.

I also think that anything she said in her interviews last night should be admissible in a new trial. As I understand it she may have contradicted herself on many things she had said in the trial.

NG said all those interviews can come in next time!

I'm saddened for Travis' loved ones because now this nightmare continues on even longer. It must must seem unending and horrific for them.

But I do not see this as a huge win for jodi! I'm surprised that so many do. It's no win. I;m not tearful or upset about it all, except for what it does to Travis' family. A huge win would have been if they couldn't find jodi guilty of Murder 1 or could not find aggravators.

We are good guys. We are in a good position. And now Juan Martinez has a second chance at a new jury. Since all the facts and the law are on his side and none on jodi's, that's not a horrible thing.

Have we heard from any jurors yet? Do we know if the gag against them has been lifted?

Thanks for your post, gitana1. The gag has been lifted but the jurors chose not to speak today.

Thats something that only the DP could assure. Life could mean parole in 25 years. At least one (and I suspect more like 11) jurors were not willing rotate that chance - to see her get out in fewer years than Travis had or will ever have, just to do it all over again.

bbm

Exactly, the jurors that took that position were steadfast on that belief. They weren't willing to allow life knowing the possibility she could get paroled.

Hindsight is 20/20 but if the Jurors could have been allowed to determine LWOP this would have been over yesterday.

So how will the media track down the jurors? At least we have that to look forward to --we can find out what they thought and what happened.

Someone lied when asked if they could apply the death penalty.
As NG said, look at the autopsy photos again, she slaughtered Travis like a pig in a barn, what else would she have to do to deserve death?
Someone sabotaged this from the start.

Nobody would stab a pig that many times. :(

Where in the first amendment does it say that the jail has to grant you extra visitor hours to accommodate the press? Where does it say the jail MUST allow journalists past the "lights out" hour? The hour all other inmates must be locked in their cell by.
DO NOT TELL ME Sheriff Joe did not give her special treatment.

:clap:

I love you to bits JJ. You are one of my favorite websleuthers.

We must remember, she was found guilty of M1. We should be grateful the juror, assuming is was only one, who hung the jury for the DP, did not do it for the guilt phase. That is the important verdict when everything is said and done, no matter how many defense lawyers and talking heads and Jodi fans want you to believe this is a win. moo

I politely disagree because a lot could go wrong now. There has been no decision made on her sentence, so a lot could go wrong now. For instance, a plea deal may be started so that the family doesnt have to suffer through any more of this nonsense.

Also, if another jury ever hears the case , there is no way they are going to appreciate the evilness of Jodi like this jury did. Therefore, the odds of them giving her DP is much lower than with this jury.

I wish they would have kept trying. I think they gave up too early for the HOLIDAY. Ugggggg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prayerwarrior7174