Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so proud of you for not allowing yourself to be abused!! You are a "survivor!" How dare he try to NOT watch news about the trial! ABUSE!!!
I wasn't wrasslin' with Hubby, lol. He was three sheets to the wind in the back. It was OTHERS who had some weird notion they could watch anything else besides HLN.

:D

I think it matters

Interesting to hear the thoughts about this. If today was final decision day ie the day when the jury give JA her one way ticket to the Lumley Unit, I could understand it if they were going to be on camera? My real preference is they all come dressed in the same colour :floorlaugh: I'm a virgin websleuther. Is it common for the jury to dress more formally on verdict days?

Dear d.g.c., I have felt sick since yesterday. This is a slam dunk case and I expected we would get the verdict yesterday within just a few hours. I feel that any faith in the justice system, which I previously had, even after the Casey Anthony case, is quickly slipping away.

I am praying for Justice for Travis still, but I feel empty.

:seeya: Hi Jacy !

I totally agree : this is a SLAM DUNK CASE ... and I also expected a quick verdict -- like yesterday !

IF -- IF they go past lunch today, I will be :scared::scared::scared::scared:

:please: Justice for Travis !

Yeah I'm nervous. The jurors better get it together and give me that murder in the first degree verdict or I might just get physically ill.

Oh!! And last night my 10-yo daughter wanted me to watch Full House with her. She was asking me the real names of the cast members and wanted to see what they look like now. So first I typed in Candace Cameron and showed her. Then I typed in Jodie Sweetin and showed her.

She noticed the name and said, "Jodi??? EWWWWW!!!!!

Is there any other explanation to them coming in an hour later than THEIR OWN SET SCHEDULE...on the second day??

At this point, I can't think of one serious juror that would cause the entire jury to break that schedule...that again, they set themselves!!! No one would have an appointment they couldn't cancel/reschedule. Nothing "life threatening" would delay only 1 HOUR!!!

Nothing else makes sense to me. At all. I can't come up with ANYTHING!!!

If one of you can, I would gladly listen.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/ffj/seeya.gif
Yet another reason i think for them to have been sequestered during deliberations.

Just pointing out that most Personality Disorders are comorbid----they co-exist. So JA could have a primary diagnosis of BPD with traits that will flair up of NPD, or HPD, or ASPD. ykwim?

A new DSM V will never change her diagnosis or be grounds for an appeal.
The National Institute of Mental Health views the DSM (any version) as merely a "field guide" for diagnosis of mental illness. It lists criteria for specific disease entities, but the degree of overlap is so great that their recommendation is that clinicians move away from the DSM (again, using it only as a birdwatcher would use a dichotomous key in a field guide to RULE OUT certain disorders), and then focus on the specific traits of the individual, how s/he feels and behaves, to home in on a more specific diagnosis.

I have lived with three people with personality disorders. ALL of them had significant comorbidities: two have serious addictions, depression, AND significant overlap with personality disorders that are not their primary diagnoses; one has STRONG traits of THREE personality disorders, plus dysthymia (on a good day) and major depression (most of the time).

Just as a diabetic patient may develop atherosclerosis and therefore (a) have myocardial infarction; (b) experience damage to the blood vessels of the eyes, resulting in vision impairment or blindness, and (c) lose a limb because of reduced blood flow, so can the personality-disordered patient have MANY mental health consequences that spring from (or exist independently from) his/her primary diagnosis.

That Jodi Arias has been diagnosed with BPD does not in ANY way preclude any other psychiatric diagnosis.

Except psychosis. It has been firmly established that she WAS NOT psychotic when she killed Travis Alexander. And really, that is the ONLY diagnosis that is relevant in this matter. The rest is just interesting to those of us who are interested in the workings of the human mind.

ETA: The new DSM does NOT make changes in personality disorder classification/definition. Initially, there were plans to make changes, but it was decided that, because concretely objective tests are not available to assess for some of the specific PDs yet, the mental health community is better-served by maintaining the current criteria.

Personality disorders:

DSM-5 will maintain the categorical model and criteria for the 10 personality disorders included in DSM-IV and will include the new trait-specific methodology in a separate area of Section 3 to encourage further study how this could be used to diagnose personality disorders in clinical practice.
(Just a snippet from http://psychcentral.com/blog/archiv...approved-by-american-psychiatric-association/)

Oh...oh...oh I forgot to say..... I posted a note to KCL on the courtroom observers thread. Just got back from a short mission in Afghanistan and it is official that Jodi has gone international. In talking with troops and Afghans the concensus is, she is truly the most vile human speciman know to mankind.

Her tweets sound like she is more and more desperate by the day....she is throwing punches as she goes down and I think we might see the true JA towards the jury when M1 Guilty is announced. I have a feeling we will all see what TA saw.

Hello all :seeya:

I have a bunch of errands to do today, that can probably be put off until tomorrow. So I ask... anyone have that gut feeling like maybe I should wait until tomorrow?

Praying for justice.

Yeah I'm nervous. The jurors better get it together and give me that murder in the first degree verdict or I might just get physically ill.

It's driving me crazy that they don't start today till 12:00 pm my time. I don't have the patience for this.

All we can do is hurry up and wait and it's killing me. :banghead:

whatever the verdict Jodi has many avenues of appeal, especially the Hughes trial watching issue

The Hughes were never called and were free to watch whatever part of the trial was left. They could also go back and watch YouTube portions of the trial. They are just a free to talk as Gus.

I have a bunch of errands to do today, that can probably be put off until tomorrow. So I ask... anyone have that gut feeling like maybe I should wait until tomorrow?

Praying for justice.

Yes, I had a feeling all day yesterday that it would be today just before lunch. ;)

Praying for justice.

I do. But I also had a gut feeling yesterday that we would have a verdict after five hours. So you prolly shouldn't listen to me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizawho