Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
i keep telling myself i am not going to watch hln anymore because of the constant commercials but here i am again,watching it :sigh: :facepalm:

:seeya: I noticed today that when HLN goes to commercials, they have the commercial BUT have a camera of the courthouse on the right hand side of the screen, and at the bottom of the screen is a note that jury is deliberating.

:floorlaugh: But still way too many commercials !

if they get a hung jury, I'm not going to watch this trial a second time. I would not be able to stand 4 more months of this.

I had McDonalds last week for the first time in ages and was horrified to see a big old calorie and fat chart by the ordering counter. Look McD's if I wanna know how many grams if fat are in my double bacon cheese? I'll ask okay? It's not like I thought it was health food, you know?

Food police.

REALY? The grandmother was laughing over the Autopsy photos ? I'm telling you serious mental issues in that family tree

I didn't see that myself. The knowledge of it is good to have, disturbing as it is. I gave GMa the benefit of the doubt the other day.

I take it back.

Ok guys....talk me down....give me a paper bag.....I'm hyperventilating......I'm having flashbacks........

Am an ex-smoker myself and proud of it!

Your Quit Date is: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 8:45:00 PM
Test Time Smoke-Free: 1703 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes and 28 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 68130
Lifetime Saved: 17 months, 10 days, 10 hours
Money Saved: $11,928.00

Sad part is have gained about 20 lbs.

Good part is that you can lose the weight. Very hard to undo cancer. Good for you.

i'm a little worried about myself too. seriously, if this jury can't get THIS case right, maybe it's time to rethink the system. it would be such a travesty for her to get less than she deserves.

ITA. I said this awhile back, that if it isn't murder one, nothing save a real-time video of the murder would satisfy them. In the age of reality tv, people expect beyond ALL doubt.

JM gave them a veritable bread crumb path to premeditation. For them to be out, makes me believe that someone just doesn't have the capacity to understand it. If this comes back less, I move for a professional jury system.

Worrisome that others will see that you can murder who you want and essentially get away with it, or do comparatively little time w/ respect to your offense.

was that a woman? for real?? it sounded like a man to me, wow:scared:

At work, we have a regular customer who needs products and I always say "yes, mammm." I was horrified to find out it was a man and I was insulting him.

My sister sounds like a man on the phone.

Caller ID is a lifesaver!

:truce::floorlaugh:

Jodi has won and she knows it. Juan botched the case when he conspired with Dr. Horn to score a cheap shot against Jody. Unfortunately, this cheap shot was nonsensical crap (knife-first) and now the jury will either acquit on self-defense or convict of manslaughter. I'm 99.999% confident of that.
Oh, for heaven's sake. Jodi admitted she killed Travis. Juan Martinez had no need to "conspire" with anyone about this murderess. The sequence of events is, really, of no importance. None. She killed him three times over----giving lie to her "self-defense" argument. (Self defense = doing what you have to do to GET OUT SAFELY. No one looking at the autopsy photos sees "self-defense." They see brutal, heinous, chick-got-OFF-on-it murder.) Her hubris will be her downfall; she's not nearly as smart as she thinks she is, and she will be hoisted by her own petard.

Jodi has won? Yes, indeed. She's won notoriety. Infamy. And for sub-humans as deranged as she is, that's about as good as it gets in this life. It doesn't matter, the source of the "fame." It doesn't matter that there are detractors or admirers. All that matters is that she is the focus of attention. That's a win for the profoundly personality-disordered who cannot form real relationships with others.

But no, she has NOT won anything else.

Even if a jury were to acquit her, she would not win. She's missing the microchip essential to permit her the full range of human emotion and experience. Lacking empathy and remorse, she will never know---whether free or incarcerated---what real love is. She will NEVER know.

If she weren't such a monster, it would be sad.

Alas, she's channeled her actions in a way that makes her completely unsympathetic to all but the most broken in society.

I don't think 9 plus hours of deliberation is indicative of a hold out. Rather, I think the jurors are going over a mountain of evidence and when they are finished they will have a verdict and begin the final steps toward fulfilling their duty/obligation.

Something else that's crossed my mind is precisely because the jurors hold Jodi Arias's life in their hands ... A life that was given to her by a mother who has been in court every day ... I think they are showing reverence for the sanctity of all life before reaching their verdict.

You sound like my son! I'm 5'3" and my son is just under 6'... when he's standing next to me, he'll put his arm on my head...

:floorlaugh:

Now mind you at 5'8 1/2 I'm the shortest woman in my family. My grandmother is 5'10 (although today she's much shorter she has shrunk). The tallest man in my family is 6'5 and the shortest is 6'1. We are tall people. My husband isn't much taller than me and is only 5'11. He was actually the shortest person I dated. But I fell in love with his soul not his height :)

9-1/2 hours! I am trying to be calm, but if they are working from the top down M1, down. What is so time consuming? I understand they want to talk about the entire trial as far as getting to know one another. I would think a vote has been done. This is surprising me now. HLN is broadcasting callers that are all of a sudden seeing reasonable doubt. What?

Amy Murphy ‏@AMYABC15 3m

#jodiarias juror 16 just left doesn't look pleased

Everyone keeps bring up the CA trial, but you know there have been trials where the jury got it right in the past few years.

Scott Peterson
Drew Peterson
Warren Jeff
Jason Young
Hemy Neuman

Try not to dwell on the negative. :) We won't know until the jury is ready!

which clearly show the appropriateness of Murder 1. It shouldn't go beyond that. I have to believe there are people on that jury who have the common sense exhibited by so many of their questions and who will work tirelessly to convince anyone who doesn't understand, can't focus on the actual task, has made conclusions that fly in the face of the evidence and common sense etc.

One way or another there was premeditation. Likely both. Planned in advance and planned and recommitted herself between weapons and methods of killing.

Premeditation” means that the defendant intended to kill another human being or knew she would kill another human being; and that after forming that intent or knowledge, reflected on the decision before killing. It is this reflection, regardless of the length of time in which it occurs, that distinguishes First Degree Murder from Second Degree Murder. While reflection is required for First Degree Murder, the time needed for reflection is not necessarily prolonged, and the space of time between the intent or knowledge to kill and the act of killing may be very short.

I refuse to believe this jury will be swayed or deflected by the sex, smoke and mirrors thrown at the wall by the defendant.

I am on pins and needles today. The longer it takes the more uneasy I get. I am scared of a lone hold out. Someone that makes them drop to Murder 2 or someone who hangs the jury. I am not sure Travis's family could survive that. This has been so brutal for them.

Please Please Jury, Don't be afraid to call a duck a duck.

It's the most likely reason for why there's no guilty verdict yet. Men, so-called "nice guys" in particular, are her biggest defenders.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

This is the same Jury that asked JA what her definition of sk@nk is.

At work, we have a regular customer who needs products and I always say "yes, mammm." I was horrified to find out it was a man and I was insulting him.

My sister sounds like a man on the phone.

Caller ID is a lifesaver!

:truce::floorlaugh:

Well, apparently my posts have a feminine accent.

Tweet from chriswnews "Juror resembling juror #16 walks out of courtroom. Heads to elevators, not looking pleased." WTH is that supposed to mean? Oh boy... 'resembling' juror #16? I'm waiting for Beth Karas to speak..

OMG....talking on HLN about Nurmi saying JA could have killed him when his back was facing her.

I DO NOT AGREE....

A killer can be scared, and she wanted to kill him does not mean that shw did not want to be LOOKING right at his face. She might have been enjoying the show ( as being s sexual person ) too. This would be HER last naked live show for her too (once she stabs him).

When TA had his back to her in the shower....maybe she did pause wondering IF she should do it now....and then missed her chance to do it then. I think JA wanted to have him facing her -- she thrives for that

Nothing ever changed my view from M1......

Nurmi raised some points, Yes......but I also let common sense take over, as when did she really think WAS a good time. Maybe she was thinking of it when his back was to her BUT changed her mind because HE was STANDING and once she stabbed him he would have turned around to slug her (while he was on his feet). So sitting made him in a more vulnerable position...

I am M1 here..............totally!!!

JA still wanted SEX and make sure SHE WAS THE LAST ONE HE WAS WITH -- her trophy in her mind before she killed him. I think JA likes KNIVES too...

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member