Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds good. i hate to cook though. lol i love chic-fil-a's tortilla soup...so spicy and yummy. now im hungry. lol

This is such a crowd pleaser....I kid u not its the best I have ever had!

I'm tempted to have a glass of wine (it's almost 2:30 here), but I had two Margaritas yesterday at a Mexican restaurant and had strange dreams last night :eek: I was hoping to celebrate the verdict this evening with some bubbly and don't want to mix wine and Champagne. :angel:

I'm pouring a glass of wine right now. I've decided to make homemade French bread, spaghetti sauce and pasta with fresh asparagus from the garden on the side for dinner.

KPM,

Please post the chicken tortilla soup recipe on the Recipe Thread.

TIA

Link to the Recipe thread.

Thanks everyone for posting the recipes on that thead. This Verdict Watch thread is resembling a pot luck dinner as it is. lol (With avatar, recipe and miscellaneous off topic chatter)

Per HLN -- Lunch for jury is NOT paid for by courts.. jurors have to pay themselves.

What a ripoff!

Loosen the purse strings Maricopa County!!

This might be enough to feed the masses outside the courthouse!!

Sorry if this post is not allowed on here, please delete if necessary!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 cup salsa (chunky and drained) I was the fresh Jack's special original flavor
1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
1 onion, chopped finely
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 roasted chicken from grocery store (use all the meat you like)
Shredded Jack or mexican cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips to garnish

Sautéed onions and garlic in a little butter till opaque, then add all ingredients to crock pot or stock pot til warmed through.

ETA....Sorry I can't find recipe thread and posted before I was told there was one...oops

Link to the Recipe thread.

Thanks everyone for posting the recipes on that thead. This Verdict Watch thread is resembling a pot luck dinner as it is. lol (With avatar, recipe and miscellaneous off topic chatter)

Thank you for the link, should I go delete my recipe post on this thread?

As we sit with our hearts beating out through our chests waiting on the jury, I'd like to share one of the questions a juror asked during deliberations in Drew Peterson's murder trial last year, and I quote:

"What does unanimous mean?"

Yes. You read right. This question came in the 12th hour of deliberations from one juror who apparently sent the note out to the Judge without the knowledge of other jurors.

There was a bit of shock and panic on forums (I wasn't a WS'er at the time) over this question... How could a juror NOT know what this means? / This was not a good sign.

Needless to say, shortly after this question was asked and answered, DP was found guilty.

So... my point is, we may have questions that are concerning and it may take a while... but keep the faith!

Holy... I read that question 3 times and shook my head twice. lol. Wow.

Even in the worst case scenerio i just cant see how the verdict can be anything but guilty in 1st degree and here is why.

Lets assume the worst and work forward.

Even if a few jurors dont want to believe the gun that was stolen was enough evidence to prove she used it, then the other jurors should remind them that Jodi admitted to shooting him.

She was only one present so other jurors will then remind them that she also stabbed and cut Travis neck and drug body back to shower.

Then they will be reminded of the premeditation that had to have occurred. She drove there a long ways and used a gun and knife to kill him. They cannot possibly believe she needed to do all that if she was in some kind of fear of him.

And if that isnt enough, then they will remind them of the attempted coverup of the crime. The 3 stories, etc.

So, even if there are a few hard headed jurors, I have faith the other jurors will end up convincing them that common sense tells us what has happened here.

The fog should be lifted for any doubtful jurors.

Now hurry up!!! I cant stand it. LOL :)

Also once she disabled him with the stab wound she was able to retreat and leave and call 911. There was no reason to kill Travis after she disabled him. But we all know why she was really there.:furious:

I would also like to thank those who made it easy to get that avatar.

I'm pouring a glass of wine right now. I've decided to make homemade French bread, spaghetti sauce and pasta with fresh asparagus from the garden on the side for dinner.

Sounds so good!

...Unless there is a verdict today in which case it's burned pasta/sauce or take-out, loved ones can take their pick. :floorlaugh:

Per HLN -- Lunch for jury is NOT paid for by courts.. jurors have to pay themselves.

What a ripoff!

Loosen the purse strings Maricopa County!!
Especially at what $12 per day. These days lunch can be more than that in a downtown metro area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim