**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one woman the NG said she had followed both trials. Said she was watching the live stream in her area. She felt there was not enough evidense presented by PT. I was interested in why she felt the verdit should be NG so I listened to her more than the other lady who thought G. I agree with hoping the jury does not feel like the man's reasoning of NG.

Yes, the woman NG was much more logical than his. It is very hard to predict how different people react to same evidence.

They could get him on perjury b/c under oath in the first trial he stated he did not kill MY.

He can never profit from this trial. He can't write a book, etc. no matter the outcome.

The burden of proof in a civil case requires only that the Plaintiff satisfy the court or jury by the greater weight of the evidence that the Plaintiff's claims are valid. This means that the Plaintiff must prove that the facts are more likely than not to exist in the Plaintiff's favor. Where there is a default, that burden is deemed in law to have been met.

Thanks for posting. Have not read it all but the above portion of the instructions would really give me pause in my deliberations. If JY 'knows" he did not do anything wrong, he had his alibi(s) (e.g., cigar, out of town...) etc, then why not say anything, at ALL. Everyone already know about the affairs by that time- so that cant be it (hiding infidelity). It is/was his right not to talk but it does make me go hummmmmmm-- why, when he had lost his "family, friends, job.." would he purposely give up another one? JMO

Yes, the woman NG was much more logical than his. It is very hard to predict how different people react to same evidence.

What did the woman and the man say? What were their reasonings?

Sorry to bump my question but have to go to work soon and wondered if anyone can answer this>? Thanks

Because his family's luggage was in there too because they were all in Brevard so they all came back with Jason (who was in Brevard as well)

Sorry to bump my question but have to go to work soon and wondered if anyone can answer this>? Thanks

Jason stopped in Brevard where his family lives and this is where he found out Michelle was dead. They all rode back in his car to Raleigh.

Because his family was riding back with him from Brevard to Raleigh (actually Fuquay-Varina MF home)

Other folks luggage in the vehicle because all the family from Brevard was headed to Raleigh.

Because his mother, sister and brother-in-law took Jason, in Jason's vehicle, back to Raleigh on November 3, 2006.

Under the law of this State, for a person to be guilty of a crime, it is not necessary that he personally do all of the acts necessary to commit that crime. If two or more persons join together with a common purpose to commit first degree murder, and each is actually present when that crime is committed, then each would be responsible for the acts committed by the other in the perpetration of that crime.

As a juror, my personal opinion based on all the evidence and testimony would be that JY was in fact at least involved with or orchestrated the actual murder (beyond a reasonable doubt), but not the actual murderer beyond a reasonable doubt -and- that he was at the crime scene at some point (beyond a reasonable doubt) but not not during the murder beyond a reasonable doubt.

Based on the jury instructions, I would have to vote NG. :sick:

I agree and as a woman and mother I think it would be hard to keep those feelings at bay. Those are natural instincts. jmo

I agree it is hard but it is doable. Not all women jurors will have the same views, imo. Some will be sticklers that the evidence has to prove the case. The male jurors may or may not have their own personal feelings and sympathy for the victim too but if they start discussing things that shows their preconcieved biases then other jurors will tell them they cannot assess the case based on their personal feelings.

As hard as it is they are not to consider sympathy for the victim or the defendant.

Hopefully they can find the links they need based in evidence alone to prove this case BARD.

Other folks luggage in the vehicle because all the family from Brevard was headed to Raleigh.

Thank you!!!!! How pleased am I that you answered my question with your very first post here!!!! Cool!!

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!:seeya:

FWIW, I've served on a long, capital murder trial (triple murder and rape) and I've also served for one year as a Grand Jury foreperson. I can say that the foreman of the jury does have a lot of influence on the outcome of the verdict. Face it, some people are leaders and some people are followers. Some jurors jump at the chance for someone to make up their mind for them, it kinda takes some of the burden off of them in deciding what will happen to someone's life. I will admit that I have "helped" other jurors to understand the evidence and the meaning of "reasonable doubt".

Guys, I'm going to have dinner and put my son in the bath.

Stop. Posting.

I know you will keep posting anyway. Meanies.

They could get him on perjury b/c under oath in the first trial he stated he did not kill MY.

I think that I am missing something.

How could "They get him on perjury" if he is found NG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000