VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been answered already. Does anyone know if the alternates get to listen in on the deliberations?

If I remember it right, I think the answer is they cannot even be in the room with them and the jury deliberations would have to start over of one of them got sick and the alternate was needed.

Correct they are not allowed in the deliberation room and would need to start over should an alternate become necessary.

The jury brought in a crock pot?
Was it full of chili?
I am at work and I just made chili
I made honey cornbread to go with it.
My customers loved it!!
I do not think any decision will be made today.
Course I could be wrong.:thinking:

I supposed it depends on whether the jury follows the jury instructions.

"Will you kill this kid" is not really a mitigator. Yeah, they have AGE listed as one but he showed JA child photos when he said that so it really does not address her age mitigator.

The jurors have to decide if the mitigators outweigh the aggravators. That is their instruction. It is not a moral decision and there is no reason for them to even consider that they are killing someone. They will not kill anyone. They will read the instructions they were given and vote accordingly.

In a perfect world, that is. Which is exactly why this could go either way even while it screams out loud for a sentence of death.

It was blatantly obvious that KN was going for jury nullification big-time.

"No matter what she did, you aren't sick enough to stick that needle in her arm yourself are you? You don't want to have nightmares for the rest of your life for killing a little girl do you?"

There may have been juror questions we are trying to find out #jodiarias #3tvarias
0 replies 1 retweet 5 favorites

Do we get to hear the question?

No we don't. JSS said that they would not be done publicly. She is going to handle them the same way she has handled pretty much everything else in this case.......in secret.

WHAAAT?
judge excused jury for the day? (((SORRY)) aaron hernandez ...my bad

If only it could be life without parole, without social media and without selling her "paintings". I think that would kill her more then a needle would.

I share your point of view.
But actually I'm afraid I'm still very ignorant.
What I did understand:
The verdict will most probably be DP or LWOP.
LWOP would mean that JA would be out of prison after 25 years.
I'm anti DP but if this is correct, LWOP for JA in my eyes would be a severely unresponsable verdict.
Isn't there a simple sentence of LIFE?

TIA

No we don't. JSS said that they would not be done publicly. She is going to handle them the same way she has handled pretty much everything else in this case.......in secret.

Was it like that at the last trial? I honestly don't remember.

It was blatantly obvious that KN was going for jury nullification big-time.

"No matter what she did, you aren't sick enough to stick that needle in her arm yourself are you? You don't want to have nightmares for the rest of your life for killing a little girl do you?"

To which I would have responded to Nurmi "Hand me the freaking needle!" It has nothing to do with being "sick enough". It has to do with justice, the law and punishment for a cold blooded murderer that deserves the death penalty. Nurmi makes me sick.

MOO

What's going on???? Dismissed???

beyond any doubt arias belongs on death row, since the first trial i knew she belonged on death row. there is no question in my mind. if by chance she receives life, i will have to accept that even with the defense built around lies and deceit. as far as i know arias has had 7 write ups in estrella, and has been in a fight with her cellmate. i can picture her living in a minimum security type setting. large room, bunkbeds sitting 5 ft apart, 100 other women in the same room, the heat at 110 degrees...lol. arias does not get along with other women, its a proven fact. she gets along with men. how will she ever accustom herself living in that type of environment? she wont, it will drive her crazy - absolutely no privacy, always noise, tons of other offenders, all of them stabbing each other in the back for their own purposes. let her go to minimum after 2-4 yrs in solitary, she will already be half crazy from the silence and lonliness, the boredom and the cry inside of her craving attention and gratification that never comes. yeah buddy, in minimum the state will not pay for her appeals which will eat her up inside without the schemeing and the thought that there is hope in that next appeal. on death row she will be isolated but her appeals are paid for, lawyers can visit, and she will have that hope, even if just a glimmer, she will never give up, never! it almost makes me see life without parole as a better option tho in my heart of hearts she deserves death.

I want her to get death but LWOP will not easy! Even if she ends up in a dorm room type situation it's still going to be terrible. I mean, it's not like she's going to be bunking with Oprah! She's going to have get along with other criminals. Even if she's able to have sex, so what? Even if she's able to buy plenty of snacks--it's still prison. Even if she is given plenty of time to exercise and work and all of that it's still prison for LIFE. Life without parole is torture.

Bringing a crockpot full of food is something I would do if I wanted everyone to buckle down and work because I wanted my life back.

Or What I was thinking, is they are just plain tired of take out. Someone just wanted some good old home cooking.... just sayin...

What kind of woman would even want to marry Manson. Gives me shivers.

From what I read Charlie decided not to marry her, because he found out the only reason she wanted to marry him was so that she had control of his body when dead. Apparently she wanted to display him in a glass casket and make $ off the viewers!

Do you think the juries are confused, maybe confused isn't the correct word, but-they a given & reviewed by def. a "list' of mitigators. There is no such 'visible' list given to them of aggravators. They have to find the aggravators within testimony & evidence. Each juror might think of different things as aggravators, or miss some. Because of this, how will they decide that aggravators outweigh the mitigators? It's something I wondered last trial. Hope my question makes sense. Thanks.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago
I'm hearing that a sitting juror wants to switch with alternate juror #2. CRAZY! #jodiarias

Is it wrong that one of the questions I want answered is what did you make with the crock pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420