VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner 4m4 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ

Security is taping off sections outside of courthouse for media. Could this be a good sign? #JodiArias #abc15

I'm so drained with this entire thing, I have lost most hope and faith and just hardly care anymore. She's already been found guilty. With all that being said I can't imagine how the Alexander's are feeling and the pain that continues. :(:tears:

I feel the same way...just watching this verdict now after watching the first trial every day...tweets simply cannot reflect for me the dynamics in the courtroom so I feel i really don't know what happened in the retrial. The jury is working with limited knowledge and not the entire picture...I can respect whatever verdict they come back with or if they hang...they tried. The Alexanders are making a mistake doing after civil case but it is their life...if I were a mental health professional I would encourage them to get away from all things Jodi and make a difference in this world as their brother tried to do...nothing will bring him back....I think some of them have families to raise ...this has to have been tough on that life.

0720 MT. Jodi is doing her daily affirmations. Almost time to go to court.

Will you be here with us today? I just hope today is verdict day!!!! I know at the start of the week you thought you might have to go back to work today, hope not!!!!!

Here and milling about, waiting for the court day to start.

I altered my schedule not wanting to miss anything.....look what happens ; ). I'll be here...

Will you be here with us today? I just hope today is verdict day!!!! I know at the start of the week you thought you might have to go back to work today, hope not!!!!!

IMO it's because of recent successful cases where mentally ill people had their death sentences reduced. Anti DP organizations have been highlighting this.

BBM - This for sure, which imo is another example of how the squeaky wheel has and is changing everyone's lives, in this setting, all in the name of preventing innocent deaths, and instead of legally supporting and fighting through legislation to put better safeguards in place to prevent such errors, taking the easy way out by denouncing all state imposed DP as immoral. If as a society, you don't want to live with the constant fear of being murdered/mutilated/raped/etc in your own bed or while taking a stroll through the park/down to the corner store, then preventing real deterrents to such, imo, is truly immoral.

Moo, removing the ultimate punishment for committing heinous/horrific crimes, renders the whole concept of "paying for your crimes" ineffective and certainly doesn't provide any real deterrent to those so inclined from acting out. Just look at how "mainstream" previously underground societies are now, they've seen how previous offenders just walk away and instead of being punished, end up profiting and are no longer afraid of "getting caught". Sure the odd individual still gets caught and doesn't "escape" from the justice system, but those seem to be ever fewer and fewer as society is now finding itself funding neverending appeals that don't even merit the cost of the paper to write them and yet these individuals seem to be allowed to walk away more than not(ergo JA's belief that she too will do this).

Meanwhile the victims of these individuals are expected to pay their own court costs to try and recover their losses, let alone deal with the emotional aftermath caused by them. As the anti-DP faction gains more and more ground, the prisons will eventually fill and spill over with the token dangerous offenders(those that for some reason or another hasn't been able to buy their way out) that noone wants in their neighbourhood let alone breathing the same air, but will be too afraid to admit that just perhaps some individuals should be "put down" just like an animal that has gone rabid. At what point will society be reduced to nothing more than working to support the infrastructure to contain offenders deemed too dangerous to live among us, but not so dangerous that they deserve not to live because of the crimes they've committed, instead of to enrich society as a whole with programs to support those who need it so we all can live with pride in our own corners of the world where noone feels the need or desire to kill, maim, torture or otherwise harm others to live a fulfilling, satisfying life?

:moo:

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner 4m4 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ

Security is taping off sections outside of courthouse for media. Could this be a good sign? #JodiArias #abc15
Oh wow interesting. They haven't done this before,right?

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago

Detective Flores just showed up #jodiarias #3tvarias

Interesting, we could also have drinks named after major players in this trial... Juan's Margarita ? Wonder what kind of drinks could be named after Nurmi and Willmott ? :thinking:
Nurmi's would take to long to order...the "How does it make you Feeeeeeeel" martini!

I altered my schedule not wanting to miss anything.....look what happens ; ). I'll be here...

I am here for now anyway. It's snowing and I have not gone in to work yet. Hubby does not want to clean the driveway because the snows not over, even though we are in a lull at the moment. I just may be here for the rest of the day. Not really sure yet.

Keep working that train of thought!!!

I am here for now anyway. It's snowing and I have not gone in to work yet. Hubby does not want to clean the driveway because the snows not over, even though we are in a lull at the moment. I just may be here for the rest of the day. Not really sure yet.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
Juan and the Alexander family have arrived #jodiarias #3tvarias

Hey everyone, good morning :) so I’ve been thinking of this jury. I pretend like I’m on this jury, and knowing how I am if I were to find out there were some things I did not know about this trial (getting information from the first trial) after finding out a few things, I would want to go through everything from the first trial. Just going through the 18 days the murderer was on the stand would take forever to go through, then compare what she said then to what she said for the 1 ½ days for this trial. OR maybe this jury, wanting to make sure they are making the right decision is looking for at least one honest reason to not give the murderer the DP. As much as I want this to be over I believe this jury is just taking their time going through everything so they can be sure they are right in their decision.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago

Juan and the Alexander family have arrived #jodiarias #3tvarias

Long time member and lurker here. I live in southaven, outside memphis, and my work is having a snow day! I will be able to be here all day until we have a verdict. We (all trial watchers, victims family and friends and seekers of justice) need closure. (scuttling back to my corner). Carry on.

The Alexanders have arrived and they reportedly seem upset.

The Alexanders have arrived and they reportedly seem upset.

Oh No. This tweet was posted.
Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner 10m10 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant