Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
hushpuppies.jpg

No wonder he looks so sad....
icon9.gif

LMAO - Thx!

Perhaps after Raven's trial, one of the programs might do a 'triple play' on Raleigh/Durham wife killers?
Here is to all three having a guilty verdict and the rest of the husbands in that area deciding killing their wives is no longer worth the risk!

Hopefully, each of the jurors have taken this weekend to relax, refresh, and weigh their thoughts and consequences of those thoughts and come back tomorrow with a decision regarding this matter. Seems to me it is not a terribly difficult case to ponder, it's not like they will have to determine if he lives or dies, simply should he pay for his crime. There is significant evicence he murdered Michelle and Rylan in a cold evil rage.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/2059764/#/vid2059764

For those that missed it, here is a TV special on the murder at the 1 year mark.

At the end you hear a very angry Pat Young calling in after the show aired to demand her little boy not be called a "suspect". :floorlaugh:

Call him what he is, a cold blooded double murderer. As to Mrs. Young, I have difficulty believing, after sitting in that courtroom for the entire trial, how on earth she can think of him as anything other than a lying murderer. Denial is simply not love.

The Zahra Baker case troubles me. :( How is anyone to be held accountable for this poor childs murder without any DNA, videos? Is there even a cause and/or manner of death listed? I've forgotten on that detail?

This case has already torn my heart out. I am not certain I could watch the trial if it's televised. What an awful, awful life for such a special little girl.

A little (maybe a lot of) dark sleuth humor while we wait ...

3599rnt.jpg

"...and in other news, Charlie Manson's cat was found hiding between the 7th and 8th stairs in my house."

I just want to take a moment of this 'down' time on WS to say how much I have enjoyed spending time with you guys in both the Cooper trial and now this Young trial. Fran, you do a wonderful job of transcribing the hot spots each day and it makes it so much easier for those of us who work or can't watch.
I am praying the jury in this Young trial will come back by Tuesday afternoon, at the latest, with a firm guilty. It's really wearing on my nerves. I didn't think I could dislike anybody more than I did BC but have found otherwise.

I just want to take a moment of this 'down' time on WS to say how much I have enjoyed spending time with you guys in both the Cooper trial and now this Young trial. Fran, you do a wonderful job of transcribing the hot spots each day and it makes it so much easier for those of us who work or can't watch.
I am praying the jury in this Young trial will come back by Tuesday afternoon, at the latest, with a firm guilty. It's really wearing on my nerves. I didn't think I could dislike anybody more than I did BC but have found otherwise.

BBM

Fran's play-by-play summaries are nothing short of amazing--thank you, thank you, thank you!

I knew little about this case before the BC trial, but found myself sucked in quickly once JLY's trial started. I know absolutely nothing about the Abaroa case and, I confess, I'm almost afraid to look.

I think these cases sink into your subconscious. DH will not watch the ICA recap shows after 9 p.m. because the content disturbs his sleep. I can't imagine sleeping, eating, and drinking murder cases 24/7/365+ as the attorneys do--some for their entire career.

:seeya: NCEast - IATA (I Almost Totally Agree!) - The only difference is: I hope the jury comes back tomorrow around 11:00a with a firm Guilty.

I, too, was deciding who was worse: BC or JY (it's kinda like having to choose between eating dirt and eating mud, isn't it?? :sick: )

I, too, thought BC was wa-ay-ay bad, and he is, but I, too agree that JY has the edge in the Worst All Around division, for his "genitalia parlor tricks" (yuck, euuwww), the womanizing (BC's a close 2nd). In method of death, JY takes the cake by a mile. There are other categories, of course, but I almost taste dirt in my mouth already...

I was hoping the jury wanted the exhibits to help them solidify their ideas about some of the testimony, and to discuss. I hope they chat a bit more tomorrow am and call for the vote, and it's 12 G's to zero. JY is a zero, so it makes sense.

Now that I've put it in writing, I am again superstitious :crossfingers: and shaking my head. :dunno:

How I hate the wait...:yow: :sigh:

BBM

Fran's play-by-play summaries are nothing short of amazing--thank you, thank you, thank you!

I knew little about this case before the BC trial, but found myself sucked in quickly once JLY's trial started. I know absolutely nothing about the Abaroa case and, I confess, I'm almost afraid to look.

I think these cases sink into your subconscious. DH will not watch the ICA recap shows after 9 p.m. because the content disturbs his sleep. I can't imagine sleeping, eating, and drinking murder cases 24/7/365+ as the attorneys do--some for their entire career.

I don't know anything about the Abaroa case other than just a little bit I caught on the news immediately after it happened. Otherwise, I had almost forgotten about it. On the WS Anthony trial thread there is a 'mock' juror who knew absolutely nothing about that case when the trial began. She is learning just like the real jurors are--and her insights on WS have been terrific. With the Abaroa trial, I will have to be the 'mock' juror as I am in the dark about most of that case.
Anyhow, I love you guys. You all have added such a nice bonus to my life!

:seeya: NCEast - IATA (I Almost Totally Agree!) - The only difference is: I hope the jury comes back tomorrow around 11:00a with a firm Guilty.

I, too, was deciding who was worse: BC or JY (it's kinda like having to choose between eating dirt and eating mud, isn't it?? :sick: )

I, too, thought BC was wa-ay-ay bad, and he is, but I, too agree that JY has the edge in the Worst All Around division, for his "genitalia parlor tricks" (yuck, euuwww), the womanizing (BC's a close 2nd). In method of death, JY takes the cake by a mile. There are other categories, of course, but I almost taste dirt in my mouth already...

I was hoping the jury wanted the exhibits to help them solidify their ideas about some of the testimony, and to discuss. I hope they chat a bit more tomorrow am and call for the vote, and it's 12 G's to zero. JY is a zero, so it makes sense.

Now that I've put it in writing, I am again superstitious :crossfingers: and shaking my head. :dunno:

How I hate the wait...:yow: :sigh:

I am a bit concerned about the jury and the evidence as well. I hope they have already taken a straw vote, all in agreement--guilty, and are just adding a few more hours to their deliberation for the sake of appearance.
The older I become the less patient I am.

Hello everyone! I haven't followed this case very closely but today had time to watch the JY testimony. I mostly just read the news stories but when I heard he was going to testify, I knew I'd have to watch to see how he did.

He did very well on the stand, and it might be enough for a juror or two to hold out. At the same time he's had a lot of time to consider how important it is to remain calm and polite during his questioning. Its clear that he successfully contained the harsher aspects of his personality... the testimony about the ring swallowing and the testimony from the prior girlfriend (the very attractive blonde) were demonstrative that this guy has some deep and disturbing personality issues.

This is a much different case compared to the Cooper trial, its clear that the people involved (judge, prosecution, defense) make a big difference in terms of how the case proceeds. Having JY testify was probably the only way he would have a chance of acquittal.

I'm on the guilty side on this one and strongly so, but again based mainly upon media reports as opposed to watching testimony. The thing that makes me question his guilt is that the murder was so brutal, and I can't understand how anyone could do that to their pregnant wife. For the same reason I was on the "not guilty" side of things on the Scott Peterson trial and remained so until Geragos put his defense on. I'm now certain Peterson is where he should be.

The cross of JY was really weak. They should have pressed him harder on things like shoes, clothes, location, etc.

Hello everyone! I haven't followed this case very closely but today had time to watch the JY testimony. I mostly just read the news stories but when I heard he was going to testify, I knew I'd have to watch to see how he did.

He did very well on the stand, and it might be enough for a juror or two to hold out. At the same time he's had a lot of time to consider how important it is to remain calm and polite during his questioning. Its clear that he successfully contained the harsher aspects of his personality... the testimony about the ring swallowing and the testimony from the prior girlfriend (the very attractive blonde) were demonstrative that this guy has some deep and disturbing personality issues.

This is a much different case compared to the Cooper trial, its clear that the people involved (judge, prosecution, defense) make a big difference in terms of how the case proceeds. Having JY testify was probably the only way he would have a chance of acquittal.

I'm on the guilty side on this one and strongly so, but again based mainly upon media reports as opposed to watching testimony. The thing that makes me question his guilt is that the murder was so brutal, and I can't understand how anyone could do that to their pregnant wife. For the same reason I was on the "not guilty" side of things on the Scott Peterson trial and remained so until Geragos put his defense on. I'm now certain Peterson is where he should be.

The cross of JY was really weak. They should have pressed him harder on things like shoes, clothes, location, etc.

I agree that the cross was weak. BH seemed in shock that she had to cross JY, and towards the end, she seemed very shrill. I think the best strategy, had they anticipated JY might testify, would have been to have him crossed by a male, maybe David Saacks, and hammer him hard about his infedelity, lies, assault on former fiance, etc. I think if the jury comes back with NG, it will be in large part due to the weak cross.

So nice to see you again Calgary!

NC - I had a lot of the same thoughts, especially about the hotel door and propping it open...

I was thinking about another thing today -- the two jewelry drawers. I would think most robbers would just take the jewelry, not the two drawers..it would make more sense that was JY because if they weren't noticeably absent, and he knew he wouldn't be going back to itemize what was missing for the police, that perhaps nobody would notice any jewelry was taken.

I don't recall that MY had that much valuable jewelry which make sense at her age, etc. and her most valued was probably her wedding ring/engagement ring which he was sure to take and knew that would be noticeable...

just thinking out loud...

Not only did he forego collecting the $1,000,000 life policy, he also never filed a HO insurance claim for the 'stolen' jewelry....both would require recorded statements from JLY.

Not sure why the state did not highlight these circumstances in addition to the custody suit where he remained silent.:waitasec:

I don't know anything about the Abaroa case other than just a little bit I caught on the news immediately after it happened. Otherwise, I had almost forgotten about it. On the WS Anthony trial thread there is a 'mock' juror who knew absolutely nothing about that case when the trial began. She is learning just like the real jurors are--and her insights on WS have been terrific. With the Abaroa trial, I will have to be the 'mock' juror as I am in the dark about most of that case.
Anyhow, I love you guys. You all have added such a nice bonus to my life!

BBM

I'll have to check that out on the CA threads--thanks! It would have been interesting to have a mock juror in this case. I'm sure you could provide a lot of insight as our mock juror for Abaroa!

Capture-13.jpg

The cream colored Structure brand henley shirt was recovered.

225054-1-1.jpg

Structure made a trademark sweater and pullover with a single chest stripe.
No surprise he had both a pullover and a wool sweater in 2006.

jly-2359-1-1.jpg

188437-young06-600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members