Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a re-trial, I hope they leave Gracie out of it. The gas testimony hurt the prosecution (in my opinion) more than anything else. The defenses argument about the gas mileage was very compelling. Him purchasing only $15 that morning (if that was him) hurts the case given the mileage he would have had to have traveled.

Wow, my heart goes out to LF and MF. Imagine how they're feeling about now? :(

What a heartbreaker!

No justice for Michelle. :no:

fran

You mean justice delayed for Michelle. He's still sitting in jail right now.

Please don't bash the jury.

I should not have worded it like that you are right. I do not think they understood alot and the pros left alot of loose ends = hung. Better luck with the next jury and better lead pro.

It amazes me how juries are dumb when they deadlock or do not give the right verdict. But, the same jury would have been brilliant and perceptive had they delivered a guilty verdict. Bashing jury members seems like a desperate attempt to explain what happened. MOO

On retrial, I agree with ncsu. She hurt the prosecution at the end of the day. IMO

WRAL is running a special at 7:00 tonight that will include a body language expert.

Most of the facts in the case should not change. It is what it is. Of course, perhaps some new technology comes out that enables them to directly connect JY to the murder. That would help, but not likely if they try to case in the next year.

I'm curious as to how WRAL will handle contacting the jurors.

Both sides will interview the heck out of those jurors to see what worked and what didn't and adjust their cases accordingly.

BOTH sides will have stronger cases now that they will know what "works" in the minds of the jury.

Juries work with what they're given. It is up to the prosecution to make their job easy peasy so they can get past reasonable doubt. That didn't happen here. It should have and it could have, but it didn't.

State needs to reassess, figure out what they did wrong, figure out a new/improved strategy, get some new blood on the team, and retry this thing.

The jury did what they felt right w/what was given them which was a not so good case by the pros. jmo

Let's face it. No matter what the jury decided, one can plus or minus anyone that worked this case, judged this case, over-saw the trial, etc., etc.

It's OBVIOUS something went wrong for the jury to not be able to come to a successful conclusion. Like others have said, we weren't in the jury room. But it appears they at least tried their best.

I'm just concerned that they only deliberated about the actual case of 9 hours total, before they said they were deadlocked. You would have thought they'd work a few at least 8 hour days before they came to such a conclusion. Not JUST 9 hours.

But, this is our system and the judge knows his job. The jury has been dismissed with 'thanks,' the def is happy as clams and all of the pros team and investigators involved are probably just sick over this development. Not to mention the victim's family.

What a horrible situation. There are no winners here. Michelle and Rylan are still gone and C is with MF and JY is still in jail, for now at least! Now we can hurry and wait for the pros decision on if yay or nay they will retry. I'm not going to ASSUME anything here. We just don't know.

HOPEFULLY, IF they retry, they'll have a new game-plan and do a few things a little differently. Oh, and some are right on that point, they need to have more emotion, attachment to the victims, by the pros. Let the jury feel the loss of this beautiful young mom-to-be and of all of her loved ones. Make Michelle and Rylan REAL. Make the viciousness of the attack on Michelle felt by the jury. Not just the visual, but the unbearable pain she suffered the last moments of her life. :(

Michelle didn't deserve this. Michelle cries from beyond for justice.

JMHO
fran

PS...on another note. IMHO, IF JY ends up free, he will be a pariah just like OJ. Too many people feel SURE and too many SUSPECT he did do this crime. The pros, to date, just hasn't proven to a jury of his peers, for now, that he was Michelle and Rylan's killer. ALLEGEDLY! ....fran

Juries work with what they're given. It is up to the prosecution to make their job easy peasy so they can get past reasonable doubt. That didn't happen here. It should have and it could have, but it didn't.

State needs to reassess, figure out what they did wrong, figure out a new/improved strategy, get some new blood on the team, and retry this thing.

Well said....

If there is a re-trial, I hope they leave Gracie out of it. The gas testimony hurt the prosecution (in my opinion) more than anything else. The defenses argument about the gas mileage was very compelling. Him purchasing only $15 that morning (if that was him) hurts the case given the mileage he would have had to have traveled.

No, they just need to different approach.
Paid $20, got $15 and no change?
Hmmm....they made no points about that very odd behavior.
He was in a big hurry to get back and the pumps were probably pumping slow.
They need to make it well known he made another cash gas buy later , because he had to. They just let the gas go and said in closing JLY just is showing you what he wants you to know. They need to show the $15 and strongly suggest he made another cash purchase in the amount he needed to cover the mileage. Let the jury use common sense at that point.

My prayers are with Linda Fisher, Meredith and the all the family and Michelle's true friends and Michelle's daughter.

Wheels of Justice are so very slow and in this case the State needs to get back to the drawing board and try this case with passion.

I'm really so very sorry for Michelle's family and what they are surely going through as well as having to go through this ordeal again.

Praying after the next trial we will be hearing Jason Young has been found guilty of First Degree Murder!

Yeah, saw that. I learned a couple of details about Amanda's life that I won't mention here.

So the only ones who know on the 8/4 vote are the jurors.

Hmmmm.............

Interesting,
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads