Very Blonde Girl In Orange Chair With Ashtray

In the picture with her apparently topless, I see she's sitting on something covered with the blue sheet we've seen in at least one other photo. I also notice that it is thick enough to cover part of the record albums on the bottom shelf. It looks like Alcala had a foam pad or small mattress that he could lay on the floor as needed. With the dimmer lighting in this picture, I think she is either about to go to sleep or is just waking up. This makes me think the watery, teary eye may be due to her yawning widely rather than being sad or in pain.

This is one of the girls I worry about being a victim the most.
She is alone, in the apartment for starters. The mattress pic where it looks like she has a tear in her eye, is defininately not a good sign to me.
Someone thought she is not the same as the other girl pics because her hair isn't as straight, well.... She has more ratted hair, because she was laying on her back, and it may have been voluntary, and it may not have. You can tell by her part that it is curved not straight to the front, and it is the same looking part in all the pics to me.

That's a good one, I hadn't seen that one. It shows her teeth, looks like she has a front gap. You guys who are good at blowing up these pictures, can you show her teeth better for us?

116q2hg.jpg

Bargle, I think the same. He might have had a fold-out cot or bed that he covered with the blue sheet, because in some photos with the records and stereo in the background the girls are sitting on a bed and in others they're clearly on the floor. Their height compared to the records changes accordingly depending on whether they're on a mattress of some sort or on the floor.

Bed with blue sheet is visible in these:
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00443.jpg
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2010/03/11/2011323439.jpg

...but not in these:
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00681.jpg
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00751.jpg

And in this one, the bedding appears to be bunched up on the far right. Maybe this was one of those foam chairs that fold out to a cot that college kids keep in their dorms?
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01431.jpg

One thing I notice is that in Ruby's post #18 of the topless girl you can clearly see the record Surrealistic Pillow next to the brown box (book?) and more records on another shelf behind it. Yet in Ruby Red's first picture there are no records next to the brown box and no records or shelf behind it. Also, the brown box is placed differently.

One thing I notice is that in Ruby's post #18 of the topless girl you can clearly see the record Surrealistic Pillow next to the brown box (book?) and more records on another shelf behind it. Yet in Ruby Red's first picture there are no records next to the brown box and no records or shelf behind it. Also, the brown box is placed differently.

I think this might be due to them having played several different records over the course of the evening, then putting them away before she lays down to sleep.
I think the brown box might be a cassette holder. It looks the right size to be one.

Have we seen the blue luggage in any other photos?
I ask because I had a thought that maybe this girl was a flight attendant and the luggage is hers.
I know there is no way of knowing and it is entirely speculation on my part, but if there's a chance it's hers it might lead to us needing to look further afield for missing women.

Just a thought. :)

There were thousands of them living in NYC at the time, so you might well be right. One of the women he is known to have murdered was a flight attendant.

Have we seen the blue luggage in any other photos?
I ask because I had a thought that maybe this girl was a flight attendant and the luggage is hers.
I know there is no way of knowing and it is entirely speculation on my part, but if there's a chance it's hers it might lead to us needing to look further afield for missing women.

Just a thought. :)

Jess any way you can zoom in on that luggage tag?

Also if the photo of this woman in the white silk blouse on her left hand is a welt or blood blister. Something. It looks to be around the time the poor woman starts getting a little freaked out. IMO.

Also in her green outfit (probably a synthetic trust me) she has on no necklace. In her white blouse she does. Back then we used to keep our gold on. Well, late 70's we did.

Also in the background I know the one artist is Amedo Modigliani. For the life of me I can't think who did those little flying bloop people. It's not Miro. Then he has what looks to be a Dali on the wall, but I don't know that particular one. Again this may not help us identify her. Maybe it will to date it. Like that crazy calandar thingie on that lamp.

TIA if you can zoom in on it, Jess. I believe like you and Carbuff said this just may be a flight attendant.

Adding more to my brief post..........how old was this guy by now? I so understand rent was high back then and in NYC. I know that, but for an older man is this place not well more like for a 22 year old? He's got the albums in a paint box still. I'm not judging anyone that did cause Lord know I used a milk crate for a seat, but my boyfriend was 19. Posters and thumbtacks and all.

Left hand at wrist. Pinch? Burn? It was not there in the green I echo.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00751.jpg

Her hair, clothes and overall appearance give the impression of a well-groomed, well-maintained girl. I get the sense that she was/is financially independant and cared for...More so, than many others in these pics might suggest.

Just my impression.

All the more perplexing given that LE can't seem to identify her.

Her hair, clothes and overall appearance give the impression of a well-groomed, well-maintained girl. I get the sense that she was/is financially independant and cared for...More so, than many others in these pics might suggest.

Just my impression.

All the more perplexing given that LE can't seem to identify her.

PP, I thought the same thing. The luggage and even her gloves gave me that impression. I do believe they are hers. This may be the airline stewardess?

Going back to what we determined to be a calandar I checked some dates. If in fact the 14th was a Wednesday is what I am going on.

1977. the only cold month with a Wednesday being the 14th is in December.

1970. The cold months with a Wednesday being the 14th are in January and again in October.

1968. The cold month is February.

Rules out 1968 because he tried to murder Tali in September. Unless he visited NYC then. Although it wouldn't be the same apartment. I still checked because "Surrealistic Piloow" was released in 1967.

1977 he had been paroled and was given permission to visit NYC.

1970 he was a fugitive and did whatever he wanted.

Has to be 1970 this picture was taken.

I tried to get a better look at the tag on the luggage but I'm not having much luck.
lgtg.jpg

Here's a closer look at the plastic bag next to the luggage.
bfabag.jpg

What is the multicolored thingy in the white blouse photo between the brown box and the lamp?

The spines of the records below seem to be almost the same if you remove the one with a man's face in the cover. But that might mean nothing, I kept my albums in mostly the same order through several moves.

Okay a little photo sleuthing on this one -- I blew up and analyzed various parts of this picture.

Conclusion:

A. the day is Tuesday the 14th (if the calendar has been moved to the correct day)

B. it is early in the year

C. It may be 1972 or 1978 (if we assume the month is March which is plausible but an assumption nonetheless)

Evidence:

A.
For Tuesday the 14th -- based on weeks starting on either Sunday or Monday, the fact that every 7 days the numbers change colors (either green surrounded by yellow or vice versa) and the length of the letters underneath the number, the 18th is a Sunday. Sunday. Monday and Tuesday are all the same length and Wednesday is longer and that seems to be what the calendar shows. With the weeks set off by color and the length of the letters in the days of the week this seems to be the most likely conclusion.

se1rn7.jpg

B.
For it being early in the year -- I can clearly see 7 additional colored ribbons behind the green one. There may be more but I can only see 7. That would make it somewhere between Jan and May.

2yvnew4.jpg

Additionally we see winter gloves on the suitcase which suggests it is still cold out.

2qltykg.jpg

C.
We have guessed March because the ribbon is green but that is speculation. Assuming it is March for a minute and it is Tuesday the 14th, then the year would be either 1972 or 1978.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion: Either she or Alcala have traveled recently.

Evidence this is almost surely a bag claim tag but could be from any form of transportation. [see tag in above pic with gloves]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis: She may be a flight attendant.

Possible evidence: The sort of upright luggage her gloves are resting on [see full pic earlier in thread] was not common at the time. That type of bag used to be thought of as a flight crew bag. Most people had regular suitcases like this:

29bmse0.jpg

The drawstring bag on the floor looks like something you might get from an airline or hotel. The last two letters on the bag look like "es" or "as" Was looking to match it to a hotel or airline but didn't have much luck.

15g4ho4.jpg

Also, for what it is worth, there may also be luggage to her left but it is hard to tell.

jaawes.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis: She is an adult.

Possible evidence:
-She is smoking
-There is what looks to be a mixed drink next to her
-The gloves are the gloves of an adult
-The luggage does not look like the luggage of a child
-Her posture in this chair seems self assured and more adult like (legs crossed and arm position).

She could still be a child of course.
[for picture evidence: see calendar pic where drink is evident; large pic for smoking, luggage and posture; gloves pic above]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I have for now. Whew!

Here's what I saw on the calendar when I blew it up, the 21st is definitely the longest lettered day of the week, that'd be Wednesday. Making the 14th a Wednesday also. Of course it could be any month, but I too was thinking March for the green. However, those over-kill gloves make me re think and I'm wondering if it's December.

Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
Bringing this from the original thread.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/00801.jpg

The calendar in this photo is a very interesting calendar, I've never seen one like this before, and am trying to find one like it vintage calendars on the web. It is I believe circled to Wednesday the 14th. I can't tell what month it is, but if the green ribbon is for March (st. pattys day) then it would either be 1973 or 1979. This is just a guess, the month I guess could be any other color. Interestingly the girl is dressed in all green too. Anyone remember ever having or seeing a calendar like that?

C. It may be 1972 or 1978 (if we assume the month is March which is plausible but an assumption nonetheless)

Let's say 1978.
The year 1972 Alcala spent in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieKel