Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't her shirt be a lot smaller?

Depending on the material it could have stretched quite a bit when wet. Not saying this is her shirt. I would imagine they will have a member of Alexis' family look at it to see if they can identify it.

I almost never get on here however I was so upset about the sweater being found I wanted to reach out. Would love to know from all of you if you think this is possibly Alexis's sweater. What do you think?
I don't think it is. JMO.

I also thought that at first.. But upon further inspection, it looks like the space between the sleeves and torso of the sweater .. You can see the water wave patterns.:twocents:

I do see what you mean. What about the one on the right side though?

It looks very similar and the water would make it seem darker. I pray that it is not hers but it seems weird that it was stuck under a rock which held it down and it was near a bridge.

Depending on the material it could have stretched quite a bit when wet. Not saying this is her shirt. I would imagine they will have a member of Alexis' family look at it to see if they can identify it.

This is true.

I'm not sure if it is, or not her sweater.

The right side just looks like its the way the light is hitting it and it seems a slightly different shade. Just like the blues in the persons shirt.

The front of the neckline, if it has a v shape or not like the one seen in the surveillance images, will be telling.

just interesting to note... I was looking on the court records for nelson county... unless I am reading this wrong (please look and correct me if needed) it appears that on 8/28/13 Nelson filed a felony charge against RAT for Intent to Sell/Distribute Stolen Property, but with the offense date occurring 7/30/13... So........... would this then be something he would have told them, or that they found out, in interrogation, that he did before Alexis went missing? The court date is at the same day and time as the prelim hearing for the abduction charge. Thoughts?

"All-day search for missing teen yields discovery of red sweater in Rockfish River"

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_0da8c692-126d-11e3-95f7-001a4bcf6878.html

"The day concluded with the discovery of a red sweater caught beneath a rock in the Rockfish River – a turn of events that prompted a quick call to investigators, who arrived at the scene within a half hour and quickly tucked the garment into a plastic evidence bag.
Murphy was last scene on Aug. 3 at the Liberty gas station in Lovington, where surveillance footage shows her wearing a red sweater and leopard print pants."

Oh no!

According to the FBI Missing Persons description, surveillance photos and other reports Alexis was wearing a pink blouse on August 3.

I noticed that too and I'm more inclined to go with what the FBI says she was wearing versus news media who very possibly would be looking to amp up viewership. Certainly by the news saying she were wearing a sweater instead of saying she were wearing a blouse would draw interest.

I don't think it's hers. I base it on what the FBI says she was last wearing and what search and rescue say they found. And also, she was wearing pink, but the sweater is red. The colors seem too far off to me.

If in fact it is a sweater they found, there is currently a missing person in Virginia last seen wearing a red SWEATER.

The picture looks more like a red hoodie to me. There is a missing 17 yr old from Lynchburg last seen wearing a red hoodie :(

The sleeves of that sweater appear too wide and too long. Her sweater sleeves were almost skin-tight and didn't reach her wrists. That man is holding his hands even with his shoulders, and the sleeve appears to hang past his waist. Plus, the sleeve looks far too wide to fit her arm snugly. It also seems like the sweater is probably too wide for her body style. But I'm less sure of that because I can't actually see the sweater on his right side. Only the sleeve appears to show.

I don't recall missing Lynchburg person, can someone bump the thread?

I don't recall missing Lynchburg person, can someone bump the thread?

Don't see a thread on her, I got from missing & exploited. 17 yr old Tashaunda Clark, missing from Lynchburg VA, Jan 4, 2013. She was wearing a blue shirt, black jeans, and a red hoodie. She has black hair with blue and black braids.

The sleeves of that sweater appear too wide and too long. Her sweater sleeves were almost skin-tight and didn't reach her wrists. That man is holding his hands even with his shoulders, and the sleeve appears to hang past his waist. Plus, the sleeve looks far too wide to fit her arm snugly. It also seems like the sweater is probably too wide for her body style. But I'm less sure of that because I can't actually see the sweater on his right side. Only the sleeve appears to show.

That kind of material could really stretch out of shape after being in the water and tugged at by the current.

The person I was referring to isn't missing from Lynchburg, but the Roanoke area. I think it's about an hour or two away from there. There are threads here on WS about her.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95867"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95867[/ame]

Roanoke County Police say 45-year-old Joan Renee Cook disappeared after leaving her home the night of January 24th 2010
—Last seen wearing a red sweater, blue jeans, Timberland shoes, and a black jacket

There's a big difference between a "sweater" and a "blouse". A sweater, if that what was really found would indicate someone who wore it last in the cooler weather. The surveillance video picture doesn't look like a sweater. It was August. I doubt many people wear sweaters in August in Virginia.
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member