Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any ideas about why the killer would stop calling Amanda after 6 weeks but continue to call her pimp for 8 months?
Because he used MB's phone to call her sister. He had to be using another phone while calling JT after he stopped calling Amanda.

Does anyone have any ideas about why the killer would stop calling Amanda after 6 weeks but continue to call her pimp for 8 months?

to exert a form of dominance over the pimp: pimps are supp to be "bad-*advertiser censored* tough guys" that are supp to "protect" and be in "full control" of their girls and the meetings/situations--he was letting the pimp know how he failed in his pimp roll and that he was able to get to her since she was "unprotected", making himself feel "superior" to the pimp(more of a "badass") and that he was the one in "control" of her and the situation now

Because he used MB's phone to call her sister. He had to be using another phone while calling JT after he stopped calling Amanda.
He did didn't her? And it was registered to micky mouse.

All the girls were last seen or heard from on a Sunday or Thursday. The killer called Amanda on Thursdays and a Sunday. The last call was on a Wednesday. The dates for some of the calls are not listed. Correction, MBB was due home on Monday.

Does anyone agree that the 43rd pct. should have a copy of the GB4 case file? A missing person report was filed with them for MB.

Hawk, I read your post about giant ax to grind. Its one more reason why the 43rd pct. should take a more active role in this case. Melissa lived in and went missing from the Bx. Its where a missing persons report was made. This is their case. I think its a mistake for people to assume the killer lives on LI. This way of thinking would allow the 43rd to take a backseat Its said the killer is smart and savy. Hes also familiar with police procedures. Why would he let phones ping off of towers of his hometown if thats true? And then call Amanda from midtown? Of course I could be wrong but I dont think he lives on LI. You dont have to live on the Island to be familar with OP.

Hawk, I read your post about giant ax to grind. Its one more reason why the 43rd pct. should take a more active role in this case. Melissa lived in and went missing from the Bx. Its where a missing persons report was made. This is their case. I think its a mistake for people to assume the killer lives on LI. This way of thinking would allow the 43rd to take a backseat Its said the killer is smart and savy. Hes also familiar with police procedures. Why would he let phones ping off of towers of his hometown if thats true? And then call Amanda from midtown? Of course I could be wrong but I dont think he lives on LI. You dont have to live on the Island to be familar with OP.

LOL - I have known of cases where the cops moved bodies over precinct lines and you want NYPD to take on a case from LI. Let me give you a classic example:

A motorist finds head rolling on the Belt Parkway in Queens. Before I get there for an assist they find out the guy came out of Brooklyn. The rest of the body is at that time at some unknown location in Brooklyn. We had reason to believe the murder happened in Brooklyn. We want to do a hand-off to Brooklyn. Brooklyn refuses to take it. But they let us use their office as a base of operations.

Before the sun sets we find the rest of the body stuffed into a furnace in a Brooklyn apartment building. We also have a suspect that can be arrested. THEN EVERYTHING CHANGES - Now Brooklyn is fighting to take the case.

Trust me when I tell you there aren't too many outstanding citizens in the 43 PCT that would bother to take a body all the way to Long Island. Nothing 'fancy' going on in the 43.

Truth is that many times when a person was murdered on LI the killers would dump the bodies over the line in NYC. Not because we didn't care, but when it came to overtime somebody cared.

Hey this is excellent sleuthing! I think you're onto something! This makes total sense in terms of timing - what jobs pay on thursdays and give people weekends/mondays off?
Theres definitely something to Thursdays and Sundays. I googled the calenders for the months and yearat the girls went missing and the dates the killer called Amanda. Some of those dates are not available. MBB was last heard from on a Tuesday.

Been a long time guys! Nice to see some people out there are still talking about the case. I've been out of the loop for awhile. Any new leads or POI's? It seems like the case gets no press anymore. So I'd assume there's nothing new to report. I keep hoping one day I'll turn on the TV and see the headlines that the killer has been apprehended, for the victims families sake.

to this day I wonder if Amanda has ever been provided with voice recordings of POIs or other persons to listen to, such as RB(pimp), or the unnameable atlantic city guy(or even that creepy one from West Mesa )--would help to eliminate people-If she did and recognized one, I can't beleive by now she wouldn't have gone public---I would imagine she will never forget that voice--I would imagine she has heard CPH and JB(the SG john) via youtube or other news videos, so that would lead me to believe they aren't tied to GB4, which would then mean SG isn't either...?

to this day I wonder if Amanda has ever been provided with voice recordings of POIs or other persons to listen to, such as RB(pimp), or the unnameable atlantic city guy(or even that creepy one from West Mesa )--would help to eliminate people-If she did and recognized one, I can't beleive by now she wouldn't have gone public---I would imagine she will never forget that voice--I would imagine she has heard CPH and JB(the SG john) via youtube or other news videos, so that would lead me to believe they aren't tied to GB4, which would then mean SG isn't either...?

Yes, since Amanda has not spoken about a known voice matching that of the caller it's possible SG's death is not connected. Also, there's no doubt there can be coincidences between these murders. However, I'm still not entertaining there's no connection between the GB4 and SG... yet. There's still so much we don't know. imo

from a former poster--food for thought as at least a valid theory to work from--not saying it's the gospel, or the only way to go about it, but a case can be made from this viewpoint below, and shouldn't be dismissed--hmm, sort of matches Bittrolff(beinlich's daughter friends with melissa, woodworker, pickup:

.....And whenever a serial killer deviates from what he did in other cases, it means, there is something. Either he knew Barthelemy better than the other victims, was part of her wider environment or acquaintances or she reminded him of someone...

....A way to find him is to cross-reference Melissa Barthelemy's extended circle of acquaintances with owners of trucks, living in New York, working in construction jobs all over the country as freelancers or with freelancing groups. He is some kind of handycrafter, probably good with wood work and dry wall. Probably, he will live in the Bronx or a social similar area, but keep in mind, he is most time of the year not there. Also in the New York will be the secondary site where he kills his victims. This place is probably some workspace, maybe even with enough room to park his truck there and store the tools of his trade. Of course, he doesn't share the that place with others, nor will he let people in. Not because he has more bodies stored there, but because that is his inner sanctum, in a way.

I think the killer is a stalker. I think he stalked Melissa there. It might be why he knows Amanda is bi-racial. He spoke to John Terry. The killer seems to know more than he should about both of them. I think he knew all three of them from the Bronx. How would he know Melissa was a prostitute and where she lived? He may have made arrangements to meet her at an earlier date. Then stood her up. So she thought. Now he knows who she is and where she lives. This is providing she was actually stalked. I think she was.

Danse, will you be interviewing family members? If so, perhaps you could find out if the above has happened, and if not, if you could facilitate it happening..

Yes, since Amanda has not spoken about a known voice matching that of the caller it's possible SG's death is not connected. Also, there's no doubt there can be coincidences between these murders. However, I'm still not entertaining there's no connection between the GB4 and SG... yet. There's still so much we don't know. imo
You are right. There is alot we do not know. LE said the killer is smart. Would they call him smart if he was dumb enough to call Amanda and John Terry so he could have his voice recorded by LE? Voice altering technology was used on the Dark Minds episode. The technology is out there. I hope the killer was drunk and dumb.

It's a white supremacist. Or a white run-of-the-mill racist. Black American families contain a lot of mixed kids or people with different skin tones. I'm sure that, like everything else, there may be some crazy outliers, but -- really. Black people don't talk like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member