VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

Unfortunately I think this girl is no longer with us, but I did come across a photo from 2011 that I think looks a lot like her.

Attachments

• bm12.jpg
    bm12.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 270
  • bm1.jpg
    bm1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 243
Wow that really does look a lot like her

Yeah I think it does a lot and if it was her it would be about 7 years later which seems about right with the girl in the photo. Could it be? Yes I think so but not likely.

Unfortunately I think this girl is no longer with us, but I did come across a photo from 2011 that I think looks a lot like her.

Worth a try and does look like her but to me it is not her and there are differences. People do look similar to each other and peoples looks change over time with age of course and that is why DNA is sometimes the only way to know for sure. Although fingerprints and dental records can also be used. As I say interesting and worth a try but in my opinion not Brianna.

Worth a try and does look like her but to me it is not her and there are differences. People do look similar to each other and peoples looks change over time with age of course and that is why DNA is sometimes the only way to know for sure. Although fingerprints and dental records can also be used. As I say interesting and worth a try but in my opinion not Brianna.

I've seen most of Brianna's pics and in some of them you would swear it isn't her so it's hard to go by a pic that was taken 7 years after she disappeared. She was 17 when she went missing so she never had a chance to fully mature facially. I agree it's probably not her but not because it doesn't look enough like her.

What I would like to know is where you got that picture from 2011.

I will give this case a bump with a recent You Tube video about the case:

Sideways Jay

233 subscribers

Subscribe
Brianna Maitland has been missing since March 19th, 2004. In this overview of the case we look at how miscommunication contributed to her disappearance.

Many consider this case as a sister case to the Maura Murray disappearance.

Last edited:
I'm still confused to how the OP of the picure...regardless of who the picture is, is sure the girl is "no longer with us"...

As for Brianna, I don't think she had any pictures taken in 2011 sadly and wish her family could just get answers. My hope is eventually someone will talk. People can't keep secrets forever.

Here is a video with Bruce Maitland speaking movingly about his daughter:

Private Investigations for the Missing

This is an interesting and moving interview with Bruce Maitland. One interesting point he makes is about the interest in the True Crime Genre and that behind every case of his daughters kind is a devastated family. At the moment his daughters case like the one of Maura Murray which it is often associated with is suspended like some kind of permanent internet mystery. Of course most people interested in True Crime care about the victims but it is worth remembering there are real people behind the mysteries. Stating the obvious both Briana's Mum and Dad loved her very much and would rather have had her at home at the time of her disappearance. Of course Bruce Maitland did the right thing not disturbing Brianna at the Tavern on the day of her disappearance but these things play on the mind. My suspect in this case is the Connecticut River Valley Killer. Of course I might be wrong but if he had not got her that night he would have got her the next in my opinion.

Pics look similar but looking close several of the facial features don't really match. Real Brianna has a skinnier and longer nose and much higher cheekbones. If you caught the Comicon girl 'at a glance', I can see how she could cause a double take for BM.

Agree 100% that the odds are astronomical that BM would be alive today, sad as that is. I know in true crime cases, a fail safe motive is often "DRUGS!" because it's an easy go to and people blame unnamed drug dealers or a drug deal gone bad, etc. This is one of the unsolved cases where it's likely BM's association with shady drug-related characters fit. There is WAY too much rumor and conjecture about this case so I can't even guess as to the sequence of events that caused her to vanish and her car to be backed up into the barn. The warning she got at the mall while with her Mom while circumstantial is a very strong clue that someone knew someone else was coming for BM that night. Not sure about the rumor that she was warned to 'not go to work' because she left safely.

As my signature suggests, I'm a strong proponent of Occam's Razor but the simplest path here baffles me because this case is so bizarre. However, I do think she's deceased and do think there was foul play.

Pics look similar but looking close several of the facial features don't really match. Real Brianna has a skinnier and longer nose and much higher cheekbones. If you caught the Comicon girl 'at a glance', I can see how she could cause a double take for BM.

Agree 100% that the odds are astronomical that BM would be alive today, sad as that is. I know in true crime cases, a fail safe motive is often "DRUGS!" because it's an easy go to and people blame unnamed drug dealers or a drug deal gone bad, etc. This is one of the unsolved cases where it's likely BM's association with shady drug-related characters fit. There is WAY too much rumor and conjecture about this case so I can't even guess as to the sequence of events that caused her to vanish and her car to be backed up into the barn. The warning she got at the mall while with her Mom while circumstantial is a very strong clue that someone knew someone else was coming for BM that night. Not sure about the rumor that she was warned to 'not go to work' because she left safely.

As my signature suggests, I'm a strong proponent of Occam's Razor but the simplest path here baffles me because this case is so bizarre. However, I do think she's deceased and do think there was foul play.

I agree except keep in mind Brianna had her nose broke not long before she went missing and it’s funny how you mention the nose. Also cheekbones are really just fat pads and as people get older their cheeks tend to sag and this pic was in 2012 if I remember correctly. I agree her Brianna’s face is thinner but as people get older their face fills out. With all that said I don’t believe it’s her but with the similarities and it being 8 years I’d like to know who this girl is. I think it’s worth a look even if the odds are very low.

Does anyone know if Brianna has any connections to the queens area?

Ok I just confirmed that this picture was taken at comicon in New York and the meta data on the pic matches the date of the event.

Last edited:
Looks like Brianna's mom lives in NY now and so has her dad before but looks like they are divorced. This is all info that you can read online through interviews. I thought this Comic con was only in California but they do have one in NY I had no idea

Fairly new to this case. I’ve read that a water bottle and unsmoked cigarette were found outside her abandoned car. Any confirmation from LE that these were tested for fingerprints/DNA? All I can see is that DNA was recovered from the car itself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayne_solves
Back