VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

<snip>
The other odd thing is-the house where her car was found had been the site years earlier of a double homicide of the two men that lived there but were found dead in their home which became rundown & abandoned by the time Brianna's car was backed into the barn which sounds like someone was in a hurry to get out of there & probably had no lights on as the property was abandoned & head lights would only have brought attention & having no lights on would certainly be a nod to why they actually hit the building with the car while backing it in the spot it was left. ...<snip> Also my memory concerning the house where her car was found may not be clear the 2 men may have been severely beaten & nearly killed but I may not remembering it clearly as it happened so very long ago.

<snip>

But this home sat down off the road quite a ways so who ever drove her car down there must have scoped out the area ahead of time & one other odd thing coming from her work this house is on the left of the driver so you'd have to pull in head first unless you had a long view of lights coming in order for them to back all the way down a steep short drop & with lights off would account for hitting or backing into the building. But up in the country in the dark you can see for many miles any cars coming & many locals use this fact when driving near hills etc if they're crossing the road while driving, but the police never mentioned anything about tracks showing the person pulled in forwards then turned around & backed into the building. It sounded only as though it went in one way-backwards.

Respectfully snipped by me to focus on a few items...

The elderly Dutchburn brothers who owned the old farm were robbed and severely beaten back in the 1980s, but they both lived. If I recall correctly, they moved into a nursing home sometime after the attacks, though I do not believe it was right away.

The old house actually was right next to the road, the road was separated from the house by a narrow strip of lawn; the house definitely was not down off the road quite a ways. There also is not a steep short drop off to the house from the road, it's pretty flat there where the driveway is (there is a steeper drop a bit farther along the road because there is a hill there, but where the house is, it's flat). I have no idea which way the car entered the driveway, but it would have been easy to drive past the house and then back in. It also would have been easy to turn in nose first and pull a U-turn to face back out to the road.

By the way, the house was recently demolished.

Respectfully snipped by me to focus on a few items...

The elderly Dutchburn brothers who owned the old farm were robbed and severely beaten back in the 1980s, but they both lived. If I recall correctly, they moved into a nursing home sometime after the attacks, though I do not believe it was right away.

The old house actually was right next to the road, the road was separated from the house by a narrow strip of lawn; the house definitely was not down off the road quite a ways. There also is not a steep short drop off to the house from the road, it's pretty flat there where the driveway is (there is a steeper drop a bit farther along the road because there is a hill there, but where the house is, it's flat). I have no idea which way the car entered the driveway, but it would have been easy to drive past the house and then back in. It also would have been easy to turn in nose first and pull a U-turn to face back out to the road.

By the way, the house was recently demolished.

Not demolished, the house simply burned down back in July. I have pictures of the rubble in my notes.

Not demolished, the house simply burned down back in July. I have pictures of the rubble in my notes.

No kidding. I drove by recently and simply noticed it was gone. I hadn't heard it burned, even though I live in a nearby town. Do you know whether they thought it was a suspicious fire?

I don't but I'm trying to find more information at the moment, checking with my sources etc. I can tell you that the house was definitely burned and not demolished by a bulldozer or something like that. It's very disappointing because it was somewhat of a memorial for Brianna, each year there were people who would walk from the Black Lantern Inn in Montgomery to the abandoned house on March 19th and hold a vigil there. Now they will have to find another place for that come March.

I don't but I'm trying to find more information at the moment, checking with my sources etc. I can tell you that the house was definitely burned and not demolished by a bulldozer or something like that. It's very disappointing because it was somewhat of a memorial for Brianna, each year there were people who would walk from the Black Lantern Inn in Montgomery to the abandoned house on March 19th and hold a vigil there. Now they will have to find another place for that come March.
Wow! I didn't know they did that every year! &#128542;
Makes you wonder if it was burned to destroy the landmark of her remembrance.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wow! I didn't know they did that every year! &#63006;
Makes you wonder if it was burned to destroy the landmark of her remembrance.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It could be but I don't believe it was intentional. The incident happened in the middle of July, if it had happened in freezing winter conditions knowing how cold Vermont nights are in winter times and knowing that nobody has lived permanently in that abandoned barn since the late 1990's then I would have a bigger issue with it. I believe more than likely a couple of teenagers went there to hang out and someone accidentally left a cigarette burning which then later ignited the wooden barn. At this point in the time, I don't see why someone would intentionally burn it down to the ground. Having been in and around the house myself before it was burned down, I can tell you that there are definitely things on the ground and inside that farmhouse that would suggest some people go there on a fairly regular basis to smoke, drink etc. Back when Brianna went missing, since than and even before that, the Dutchburn house was somewhat of a hangout place for the local teens in the area. With all of that being said, there are a certain amount of people in that area who are desperate for the truth not to come out so when it comes to that fire and what exactly happened there I believe anything is still possible.

The producers of the Missing Maura Murray podcast are launching a new podcast called Crawlspace. Their first case will be Brianna's, you can listen to the podcast on ITunes, the first episode will come out in a few days. Please spread the word to your friends and to people who might be interested in looking into the case.

Bumping for Brianna. I wish something new would come to light. Crossing my fingers that something will finally break in 2017. Her disappearance is one of a few that has stuck out to me over the years and I find myself thinking about often. Sorry I don't have anything helpful I to contribute to her thread. What happened to her?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any comment is welcome and helpful, I have a feeling there will be a lot of movement in the case in 2017, there's a bunch of us who are working hard to find some sort of resolution so things are bound to move in a positive direction soon.

This a recent interview I did with Tim Pilleri and Lance Reenstierna of the Missing Maura Murray podcast to talk about Brianna's case : [video=youtube;Hoa5Gpsntek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoa5Gpsntek[/video]

Next week, the guys will post an interview they did with the Maitland's private investigator, Mr. Greg Overacker.

Please keep Brianna in your thoughts and spread her story.

This a recent interview I did with Tim Pilleri and Lance Reenstierna of the Missing Maura Murray podcast to talk about Brianna's case : [video=youtube;Hoa5Gpsntek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoa5Gpsntek[/video]

Next week, the guys will post an interview they did with the Maitland's private investigator, Mr. Greg Overacker.

Please keep Brianna in your thoughts and spread her story.
It's great to see some renewed exposure for this case. Are Lance and Tim going to focus primarily on New England based mysteries with this podcast?

I think what they did with the Maura Murray case was good, they kept people talking about it. Though, it's just a gut feeling I think there's a better chance of figuring out what happened to Brianna than Maura.

They told me they still want to cover Maura Murray's case and then start a new podcast soon in which they will make a serie of episodes about various unsolved cases, Brianna being their first one.

Your gut feeling is correct, it's a little unfortunate but yes clearly there is a better chance of solving this case than Maura's who is a lot more mysterious and lacks any solid leads.

Part 2 of the interview is now available on Youtube : [video=youtube;OpE1KIkDYhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpE1KIkDYhs&t=1198s[/video]

I wonder if the 2 drug dealers from out of state had anything to do with this one? I'm sure some of you have been following it for much longer than I have. I think Nathaniel Jackson was the name of one of the men. I live in Maine and the issue of lots of drugs coming in from New York, NJ and Connecticut is a pretty big problem here as well.

I wonder if the 2 drug dealers from out of state had anything to do with this one? I'm sure some of you have been following it for much longer than I have. I think Nathaniel Jackson was the name of one of the men. I live in Maine and the issue of lots of drugs coming in from New York, NJ and Connecticut is a pretty big problem here as well.

Yes Nathaniel Jackson and Ramon Ryans had everything to do with it but there were a lot of people involved, including a few locals.

Check out this new podcast, Crawlspace. The series premiere is focused on Brianna's case. They are working directly with her father, as well as other private investigators and journalists on the case.
[video=youtube;FOKn7iv3FT8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOKn7iv3FT8[/video]

The Crawlspace podcast, done by the same podcasters of Missing Maura Murray, is very well done. The Brianna Maitland case is even more creepy & intriguing than the Maura Murray case.

Thank you, Tarik, for your time & effort on the Brianna Maitland case. I hope that it will be solved soon. This case has so many clues that it seems it should be more easily solved than a lot of missing-person cases.

This case can be solved, it's all about taking it step by step, making sure we all look at it in a smart and mature one and obviously let law enforcement handle the details. A big thanks should also go to all those working behind the scenes for a resolution and Chloe who is an amazing researcher and a very good friend of mine who cares a lot about Brianna's story as well.

The Crawlspace podcast, done by the same podcasters of Missing Maura Murray, is very well done. The Brianna Maitland case is even more creepy & intriguing than the Maura Murray case.

Thank you, Tarik, for your time & effort on the Brianna Maitland case. I hope that it will be solved soon. This case has so many clues that it seems it should be more easily solved than a lot of missing-person cases.
I think, if anything, this case is just frustrating. I think there is a very real possibility of resolution but doing so means breaking the code of silence and attacking the weak links who will turn on the major players here.

I'm sure many people are aware of what happened here but there's many obstacles here - pride, fear etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghostrider2000
Back