Deceased/Not Found WA - Celina Lung, 25-30, Everett, 24 Oct 1964 *J. Lung guilty*

Romulus

Reaction score
Celina Lung

Age last seen: 25 to 30
Age now: Unknown DOB

Race: White female
Hair color: Unknown
Eyes Color: Unknown
Height: 60.0 to 69.0
Weight: 100.0 to 150.0
Clothes: MP's coat was recovered by law enforcement

Scars and Marks: Nothing

Dental: is currently not available
DNA: Initial inquiry underway

Fingerprints: is currently not available

Circumstances:
No body Homicide - *** note date is only approx. until further investigation, as well as age of victim

NAMUS https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27151/8

Ok but the body or remains never found; probable whether there are any bodies or remains found between Washington and Oregon and never compared with their DNA.

NAMUS circumstances have been updated to say:
Celina was working late on the night of October 24, 1964 when she was last seen.

Her estranged husband admitted to accidentally shooting her and putting her body into the Snohomish River. He was convicted of her murder in May 1965. Celina's body has never been located.
Still No Photo

Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA Status: Initial inquiry underway

Fingerprint information is currently not available

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27151/

A couple articles:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Daily Chronicle 20 May 1964.jpg
    Daily Chronicle 20 May 1964.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Daily Chronicle Oct 1964.jpg
    Daily Chronicle Oct 1964.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 46
That second article says Celina was 48. That is a big discrepancy from the NAMUS age range given.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20 May 1964 Articles.jpg
    20 May 1964 Articles.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 43
Not the clearest picture but better than nothing:
attachment.php

This article also says she was 48 years old. She was training to work as an ambulance dispatcher and was not living with her husband at the time-- they were estranged. The son of the coroner and his mother who worked for the ambulance company were the ones who reported her missing.
Very specific details about her coat being found in her car with a bullet hole in it and stained with blood and her shoes were scuffed like she had been dragged.

Attachments

• Seattle Times 27 Oct 1964.jpg
    Seattle Times 27 Oct 1964.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 44
Joel Lung died 21 Aug 1977 at age 66.

I found marriage and divorce announcements for Joel Lung from a marriage previous to Celina. Since all it really does is identify his other former wife, I'll refrain from posting the image of the articles for her family's privacy. However, the relevant part is that his wife previous to Celina divorced him within 3 years of marrying him for the reason of "cruelty". There's no doubt in my mind the jury got this case right and this was not an accident. JMO.

ETA:
In the 1956 and 1960 Everett, WA City Directories Joel Lung is listed with another woman as his wife (different name from the woman who married and divorced him in 3 years) -- I did not find marriage or divorce records but I found her remarrying later so I assume his second wife also divorced him. This also means that Celina had not been married to him very long when they were already estranged and living apart in 1964. I'm still trying to find their marriage record so I can figure out her maiden name and possibly find a better photo of Celina.

ETA2: I found their marriage record (see post below this one)-- married in 1958. I guess he didn't bother to update his wife's name in the City Directory for a couple years.

I found Celina and Joel's marriage certificate:
attachment.php

Joel's last name is incorrectly typed as "Young" but his signature clearly says "Lung"
Celina's last name when she married him was Ferguson.
Married 22 Nov 1958 in Everett, WA

Attachments

• Joel and Celina 1958 Marriage License.png
    Joel and Celina 1958 Marriage License.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 36

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads