WA WA - Chalisa Lewis, 14, Bremerton, 2 Feb 1995

Hi Stephen. Thanks for keeping us updated on Chalisa's case. I have done some searching, but haven't been able to find anything that you haven't already found. And as I'm not in the local area, I can't go to the library and I don't have any contacts that might know anything. But I still do keep Chalisa, her family, her case, and you in my thoughts often. I hope that you are able to find some answers. If there is anything specific I can do, please let me know. (I've pretty much exhausted my Google searches tho). You know where to find me on MySpace too. :) Good luck, God bless.

Hello everyone...

Well, after trying to find a way for all of you to participate in finding answers for this case... I caught the Friday night episode of 20/20, and about how the people we're able to find answers on an unsolved case that even the FBI wouldn't look at, by looking at other cases in the past and finding out they all had connections with a suspect they we're looking at. It brought up a few lightbulbs in my head, so here's my "assignment" for you all...

If there are any unsolved crimes you all can think of that took place prior to 1994 in the Kitsap, Mason, or Pierce county areas of Washington State, especially ones that involved a missing child, let me know. I want to see if there may be any kind of connections to Chalisa's case. Post anything you can on here...

Stephen, my children were on the bus the day she was dropped off at her home after school. I have always wondered about this case.

This is the first I have seen about this in years!!!

Stephen, my children were on the bus the day she was dropped off at her home after school. I have always wondered about this case.

This is the first I have seen about this in years!!!

Hey Tsunami, thanks for coming onto this thread! I probably knew your kids from when they were classmates of mine back when we were all at Bremerton Jr. High, or even Bremerton High School (Class of '99). If you can think of anything that you might have heard about the case, please let us know, or send a private message to me on here. I can probably tell you a little more about what's going on right now.

These "serial killers" don't really fit in the unsolved murder category, but this is where I started in my searching. Looking into that next. But I thought that if these guys are considered to be serial killers, they may have more unknown victims.

I can't find anywhere that says when this guy was active, so he may be nothing to even consider, but in my research I found a guy named Gary G. Grant, from Washington. He confessed to four sex related murders, including those of two 6 year old boys and two teenage girls. They were all dumped in the woods near Renton WA, not bodies of water, but I just thought I'd put the name out there. Probably nothing, but the teenage girl thing is what caught my eye. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/109337_serial20.shtml

Joseph Kondro is another name that caught my eye. He is known to have killed a 12 year old and I believe another girl in 1997, so was definately around at the time. He's from the Longview WA area and suspected in up to 70 other killings/disappearances. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/33915_kondro07.shtml

Daniel Yates. Also not sure on the years when he was active but he is from Bremerton and has many young teen (12, 13, 14) victims.

Unfortuantely...these missing girls' cases have unknown suspects.

Teekah Lewis is a missing girl from Tacoma WA. She was quite a bit younger, at age 2 1/2 when she disappeared in 1999, but her disappearance is also unsolved. A possible involved car is a maroon Pontiac Grand Am, if that means anything. I don't believe there are any known suspects in Teekah's case at this time. www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lewis_teekah.html

Misty Copsey is a 14 year old that disappeared from Tacoma in 1992. Her disappearance is thought to be linked to that of at least two other girls from an unknown serial killer. www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/copsey_misty.html

I will look more into the unsolved area later. Good luck.

Hey everyone... Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but there's one thing that's starting to come out of the woodwork now, that i'm taking a close look at, and that I feel I can talk about on here...

This involves one night where some of Chalisa's friends attended an all-night skate over at Skateland in East Bremerton. Apparently that night, something odd was going on. Whatever that was, a couple people are still trying to remember those events. I'm still trying to get an exact date, and if it was before Chalisa disappeared (and may have been with those friends) or if it was after she disappeared, but hopefully I can post a follow-up soon about this, and add more details. But if anyone happens to know anything about that, maybe one of you can fill us in. A good thing maybe to help jog some memories... The Seattle area had an earthquake back on January 29th, 1995 (The Robinsons Point Earthquake), which happened about 4 days before Chalisa disappeared.

Another odd thing too, without mentioning names, is that shortly after Chalisa was found murdered, a couple of her friends got into a big argument and broke off their friendship afterwards. In that argument, both Chalisa and Skateland were mentioned (possibly that same thing I mentioned above). After this argument, these 2 friends of her's continued having fights from then on out for a time.

Sorry to be so vague on the last part, but I want to remind people, not to mention any of her friends' names on here, if you happen to know anything. If you feel the need to mention names, you can privately message me on here. This is for safety and privacy reasons.

Just an update and clarification for all of you... After talking to someone, the fight I mentioned in the last post between 2 of her friends, was not over Chalisa, so that part can be put to rest for now.

However, i'm still trying to find out about something that went on at the East Bremerton Skateland around the time she disappeared, that may have been suspicious.

Hey guys!

I haven't disappeared off here! But yea, there is some deep stuff that has been coming up about Chalisa's case, for which I can't share on here.

I have a friend though, who is a news writer for Northwest Cable News, whom was also friends with Chalisa. We are all trying to get together something, not just about Chalisa, but also other unsolved cases in Bremerton, WA. That includes the Conn/Lane case and Joe Pichler's case.... We are hoping that she can maybe put together a story about all 3 cases, that can be put on NWCN or maybe Evening Magazine on KING-TV. We could use some help and ideas though! If any of you can yet me know, I can forward it to the proper people, or let you people have an e-mail address to send things on. I will try to get more contact info later on, so everyone can get more details maybe on TV. I'll be staying in touch here on the site.

Hey guys! (again)

Well, I have talked to someone within Chalisa's family to see if it was OK to talk about this, and they said to go for it, to see if it may help...

The afternoon that Chalisa disappeared, there was this one woman who lived on the same block as Chalisa's family did, that reportedly witnessed her getting into a car with some men (I could only assume being forced in without trying to bring attention, and this was reported to the Bremerton PD), in a car described as a hatchback / barracuda - type, with a light blue top and turquoise bottom. This woman reportedly saw something as she was getting ready to go somewhere with her kids, and got into her car, and started chasing after this car up Cogean Ave. and Pacific Ave., down 11th St. and onto Kitsap Way, before she had to call off her chase since she had her own kids in the car, and this particular car that Chalisa was apparently in, was running red lights to get away.

Afterwards this woman reportedly was trying to contact the Bremerton PD numerous times, but they never answered her calls until a week later. And even then, it never looked like the PD followed up on this.

After looking all over the Internet for a car similar to what this woman saw, this is what I could come up with. We have no idea if it was an older or current vehicle that resembled this.

Link to picture...

This woman reportedly had a partial license plate number, but nothing ever came back to this type of vehicle (she may have been too far away to accurately see it). It would be interesting to know though, if anyone else living around the neighborhood, witnessed a vehicle similar to this one at the time of Chalisa's disappearance.

Hey everyone!

Well, after some HTML and CSS work on the website, I have put together a site about Chalisa's case, with some input from a good friend of her's too. It's finished and open to the public:

http://www.geocities.com/chalisalewiscase

Keep an eye on the website, or even bookmark it, because there are still things i'd like to add to it, but I need some consoltation (or permission) before putting a few more things on it. If anyone on here has any suggestions as well, feel free to let me know. I can pass things on to Chalisa's family as well.

Let's hope this helps with finding the person responsible for her murder...

I know nothing has been said on this for years so I’m not sure if this is even checked on anymore. I did just want to say something though. I am Chelisa’s cousin and unfortunately I never got to meet her as I was born the same year she was murdered, but I’ve very interested in finding out who did this. I also can provide information from our family.

I know nothing has been said on this for years so I’m not sure if this is even checked on anymore. I did just want to say something though. I am Chelisa’s cousin and unfortunately I never got to meet her as I was born the same year she was murdered, but I’ve very interested in finding out who did this. I also can provide information from our family.
I just found Chalisa’s thread. I’d love to see this thread revived.

Yes, let's revive this thread. My hometown is very close to Bremerton, I know the area well. I had never heard of Chalisa's case before despite being local. The diary entry reading “Dear God, I know you have a reason for everything and it all works out in the long run but I just don’t get it," is really disturbing to me. Makes me think stalking and harassment. JMO.

Yes, let's revive this thread. My hometown is very close to Bremerton, I know the area well. I had never heard of Chalisa's case before despite being local. The diary entry reading “Dear God, I know you have a reason for everything and it all works out in the long run but I just don’t get it," is really disturbing to me. Makes me think stalking and harassment. JMO.
I hope we can revive this thread. I live in kitsap and this happened before I was born. I’ve sent emails to multiple true crime podcasts hoping they’ll share her case. Going west, crime junkie, and voices for justice so far. I’ve notice that there are a few short YouTube videos about the case too. Maybe if we have more media attention they’ll get more tips?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201
Back