Identified! WA - Clark Co., Fem Skeletal Remains, near Fly Creek, Feb'80 - Sandy Morden

Here's Tara Cossey & UID, of course this pic of Tara is age progressed but it's so close... I wanted to show off my new posting abilities:crazy:

Attachments

• cossey_tara_ap.jpg
    cossey_tara_ap.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 427UFWA.jpg
    427UFWA.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 250
Thanks Madea! I really think Tara Cossey looks a lot like our Doe, and that age progression just makes me think so even more. I also think Carlota Sanchez has a chance too. Here they are at the ages they disappeared. Tara on the left, Carlota on the right.

cossey_tara.jpg
427UFWA.jpg
sanchez_carlota.jpg

Here's Tara Cossey & UID, of course this pic of Tara is age progressed but it's so close... I wanted to show off my new posting abilities:crazy:

Thanks Madea! I really think Tara Cossey looks a lot like our Doe, and that age progression just makes me think so even more. I also think Carlota Sanchez has a chance too. Here they are at the ages they disappeared. Tara on the left, Carlota on the right.

cossey_tara.jpg
427UFWA.jpg
sanchez_carlota.jpg

Oh my land-Tara Cossey is pretty close!!!! Nice find!

Should I make a call on Tara Cossey? Would that call go to the UID detective to see what comparrisons have already been made? Or to the PD in charge of Tara's case? What do I say?? haha, I've never actually made this kind of call before....

Should I make a call on Tara Cossey? Would that call go to the UID detective to see what comparrisons have already been made? Or to the PD in charge of Tara's case? What do I say?? haha, I've never actually made this kind of call before....

I think they both look like GREAT possibilities. I would assume that Carlota has already been compared since she went missing from Washington. But you never know....

I emailed Rocky at the Doe Network about both Tara and Carlota. I also asked if there was ever a ruling on Cherie Wyant. I'll post again when I hear back from him.

Heard back from Rocky at the Doe Network this morning. Unfortunately, no answers either way.

Thank you for the inquiry.

I have no further information on these other than they have all been submitted to Law Enforcement.

Thanks again,
Rocky

I was just looking through old NamUs no-photo cases, and came across the case file of Elsie Eldora Luscier of Tahola WA.

NamUs MP Case 7002 https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7002/362

When I saw that she was Native American in her early teens from Washington State and had a 1979 DLC, it reminded me of this Jane Doe.

There is no UP NamUs case for the Jane Doe, but I wonder if they have compared her to Elsie Luscier.

Here's the text of Jane Doe's DoeNet page.

The Doe Network:
Case File 427UFWA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/427ufwa.html

2957221400045078242S200x200Q85.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by NCMEC

Unidentified Biracial / White Female

* The victim was discovered on February 1, 1980 in Clark County, Washington
* Partial Skeletal Remains
* Estimated Date of Death: between November of 1978 and April of 1979

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15 - 16 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: Unknown
* Distinguishing Characteristics: She was white, with possibly Asian or Native traits. She had enlarged neck muscles, indicating she was an athlete or laborer.
* Dentals: Available
* DNA: Available

Case History

The victim was located in February 1980 in a wooded area of Clark County. A father and son were mining for gold along Fly Creek, just south of Healy Road, when they stumbled across the partial remains. At the time, detectives combed the area and investigated all the missing persons cases, but came up empty.

it is not everyday we find Native Americans in the missing persons databases to match with the Native American UIDs.

I went to look at Elsie's cousin Carlotta's Namus page and they have her missing from Apache County, Arizona:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7001/0/

unfortunately, both MP pages cannot be correct. if they disappeared together it had to have been from a common location, not one in WA and the other in AZ.

Carlotta Sanchez's Namus page now says:
Adams County, Washington
12 year old native american female

Diane Lynn Buckley
Missing since April 17, 1979 from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 25, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Birthmark behind knee.

Circumstances of Disappearance
In 1979 Diane Buckley left her mothers home, never to be seen again.
She worked as a cook on a fish boat.

Despite an extensive investigation, she has never been located.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Vancouver Police
604-717-2530
Email

Agency Case Number: 79-34624

Source Information:
Vancouver Police

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2439dfbc.html

Attachments

• UID.jpg
    UID.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Diane Lynn Buckley 1979.jpg
    Diane Lynn Buckley 1979.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 215
I wonder if Andria Bailey has been ruled out against this Jane Doe:

Andria Ann Bailey

2298212080045078242S425x425Q851_zpse8710fcb.jpg
427UFWA.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5814/232

Andria's NamUs casefile was no-photo until recently.

* Age is good.
* Timeline is good.
* Resemblance is reasonable.
* Location is good.

She doesn't appear to have Native American ancestry, but I wouldn't rule-out based on that. It's not uncommon for Native Americans to not appear to be Native American.

I was just looking through old NamUs no-photo cases, and came across the case file of Elsie Eldora Luscier of Tahola WA.

NamUs MP Case 7002 https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7002/362

When I saw that she was Native American in her early teens from Washington State and had a 1979 DLC, it reminded me of this Jane Doe.

There is no UP NamUs case for the Jane Doe, but I wonder if they have compared her to Elsie Luscier.

Here's the text of Jane Doe's DoeNet page.

The Doe Network:
Case File 427UFWA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/427ufwa.html

2957221400045078242S200x200Q85.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by NCMEC

Unidentified Biracial / White Female

* The victim was discovered on February 1, 1980 in Clark County, Washington
* Partial Skeletal Remains
* Estimated Date of Death: between November of 1978 and April of 1979

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15 - 16 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: Unknown
* Distinguishing Characteristics: She was white, with possibly Asian or Native traits. She had enlarged neck muscles, indicating she was an athlete or laborer.
* Dentals: Available
* DNA: Available

Case History

The victim was located in February 1980 in a wooded area of Clark County. A father and son were mining for gold along Fly Creek, just south of Healy Road, when they stumbled across the partial remains. At the time, detectives combed the area and investigated all the missing persons cases, but came up empty.

NamUs finally came up with a photo of Elsie Luscier. Here she is side-by-side with this Jane Doe.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Elsie Luscier.jpg
    Elsie Luscier.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 685
  • 427UFWA.jpg
    427UFWA.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 312
Diane Lynn Buckley
Missing since April 17, 1979 from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 25, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Birthmark behind knee.

Circumstances of Disappearance
In 1979 Diane Buckley left her mothers home, never to be seen again.
She worked as a cook on a fish boat.

Despite an extensive investigation, she has never been located.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Vancouver Police
604-717-2530
Email

Agency Case Number: 79-34624

Source Information:
Vancouver Police

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2439dfbc.html

Just saw that Diane is listed as a rule out on NAMUS for this JD.

This Jane Doe was located quite close to two others, one of whom was just identified as Martha Morrison.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Skeletal-UP10045-18-25-Oct-74-Martha-Morrison.

Dole Valley is Yacolt area, and Amboy is right nearby. This is rural area north of Battle Ground WA. Jamie Grissom's personal items (purse and ID?) were located in this area as well. These cases are all suspected to be tied to Warren Leslie Forrest, who is currently in prison for murdering another young woman. (He's suspected in another murder from this area as well, and most certainly committed several rapes here too.)

It would seem highly likely that this Jane Doe could be attributed to Forrest, but the estimated time of death is about 1977-78. Forrest was already incarcerated at Western State hospital by then. Could the death estimate be off by enough to fit Forrest's timeline? Or are all of these other cases coincidental to this Jane Doe and a completely different killer was active here? Somebody who isn't local is not likely to just stumble upon these areas in the quest for a dump site....

ruleouts as of 15 August 2015 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10799

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Diane Buckley 1961 Washington
Diane Gilchrist Unknown Washington
Karen Lee 1961 Oregon
Elsie Luscier 1966 Washington
Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
Carlotta Sanchez 1967 Washington
Christine White 1967 Washington
Cheryl Wyant 1964 California

What about LoreLee Lhotka? I think she looks similar to the reconstruction. I know that the age is above the estimated age and she went missing was in 1975, but I think she may still be a possibility. She would hitchhike and on Namus it says her wallet was found in the forest in 1978.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back