WA WA - Cristina Ase, 61, Vancouver, 26 Mar 2024

I have been wondering that.

Years ago a friend of my grandfather's repeatedly wandered away from the nursing home they were both in. She would walk about a mile down the road trying to find her Nonnie's house, sometimes knocking on random people's doors. Her Nonnie's house was like 500 miles away in a different state, but she was sure it had to be on that street.
My mother had full blown Alzheimers before she passed. Demenia and Alzheimers are such cruel diseases.
In this case, I think there may be more nefarious acts at play. :(

My mother had full blown Alzheimers before she passed. Demenia and Alzheimers are such cruel diseases.
In this case, I think there may be more nefarious acts at play. :(
Yeah, most likely, but when a previously organized person suddenly starts doing erratic things, I have to wonder. (My mother in law died of Parkinson's. It's awful.)

Yeah, most likely, but when a previously organized person suddenly starts doing erratic things, I have to wonder. (My mother in law died of Parkinson's. It's awful.)

I'd be curious to know if she had started doing other erratic things around her husband at home or at work, too. Even small things like misplacing items, forgetting an important deadline at work, things that were out of the ordinary for her. Based on the descriptions of her by coworkers interviewed in the media, she seems to normally be a very sharp, responsible woman. This is so worrisome.

In an innocent world, CA would have taken up dog walking for extra cash or pleasure, she would be going back and forth from the park to different houses, dropping off and picking up pups. Maybe necessitating the need to clean the car. In an innocent world, speculation, imo.

In an innocent world, CA would have taken up dog walking for extra cash or pleasure, she would be going back and forth from the park to different houses, dropping off and picking up pups. Maybe necessitating the need to clean the car. In an innocent world, speculation, imo.

Weird that you just posted this. I was just getting ready to posit that she was dog-sitting for someone and that's why she had a wandering pattern. Imo.

@AislingGray18 ..have you been able to connect with any of these folks who Revere her for her medical healing capabilities. I just keep thinking her abilities got her connected to some seedy folks who needed / wanted medical intervention.
I am only hearing from work friends, and other friends...It just seems...like she didn't have any deep connection to anyone other than her spouse, at least on the surface that I am seeing. No SM presence, really,
I always check FB social media in local cases....IDK how to put this, but there are a few people on my friends list who are in active addiction and very well known in the street life....you can tell a lot about a person by the friends you may have in common.

I'm not seeing any of that ETA she is very private online.

I'd be curious to know if she had started doing other erratic things around her husband at home or at work, too. Even small things like misplacing items, forgetting an important deadline at work, things that were out of the ordinary for her. Based on the descriptions of her by coworkers interviewed in the media, she seems to normally be a very sharp, responsible woman. This is so worrisome.
Me too. Speaking of, there is a retirement home on 7th street that her car could have passed, it is a memory care place as well, or they did as of last time I had family thee, they have cameras all over, and so does the theater across the street

I am grateful to whoever is combing through those video feeds, I would volunteer myself if I could

Good info! Thank you ! This could also give more opportunity for the car to be captured on residential doorbell cams. I don’t think we know (?) but I am curious if the car was returned and parked south or north of the apartment complex. North appears to have commercial shopping and a hotel where south would be residential, less busy. I wonder which would be more desirable for someone looking to slip away unnoticed?
Well, if they used 7th street, it has to be someone familiar with the area. A lot of us know the neighborhoods so well, but that would be someone who was familiar. From what I remember, her apartments has two entrances, one on 7th and one on 123rd, but anyone can walk in any direction, there are no fences on that side of the complex. (As in like a gated complex)
The hotel is new within the last 7 years, and the commercial you see, where the Mexican place is now...oh lord, I worked my first job there 30 years ago. I know that area like the back of my hand, so this hurts. There is a field/new housing on the backside that leads to some lower income homes that people walk through to get through the neighborhood, to the mini mart, etc, which is used by residents and homeless alike.

We also have a plasma donation place (Again, in another building I worked at locally lol) that attracts some really rough elements because they pay for the donation- it attracts colorful people to be sure

ETA her Car was found outside the complex. There is no street parking on 7th, so it would have been left on 5th street. They will DEF have video, if they can see. The hotel and the storage lots over look 5th street and due to the crime they have a lot of security cameras.

This makes me feel a little better but last time I was on 5th (three weeks ago) there were RV's with homeless living right there just feet away from residents front doors

Last edited:
I’m remembering a case—there was a thread for him here at the time, but it seems to have been removed. It was of a man in his 50s who went to his first Broncos game with his son and a couple, who were his friends. He disappeared at halftime. “He would never bail on his son…” said the friend. Well, he did just that! He just left the stadium and kept going, until he was located some 100 miles away days later! It was bizarre.

I bring this up only because I guess we can’t ever completely take it off the table that Cristina chose to walk away, can we? Of the man at the Broncos game, the family thinks he may have had some kind of mental breakdown, although the police found him to be lucid and intelligible but evasive when questioned. Human beings do strange things sometimes.

MOO

I know some truly horrific things have happened in PDX camps. My stepkids mom was pregnant a couple years ago and left her house and went to the camps so she could use opiates with no one finding out she was pregnant. She was about 7 months...and then she just wasn't pregnant any more. The baby did not make it, I can only hope it was a still birth, because she will not talk about it or admit she was pregnant, but I have photos of her in the camps, she was heavily pregnant.
terrible things happen in those camps
I live local and fully agree with you. Vancouver and Portland have so many homeless camps now. There’s always been crime, but it’s a different vibe for sure so really anything could have happened here. And unfortunately the drug community is so much more prevalent around us with more unexpected people than we realize. :( I just really don’t know about this... There are a ton of possibilities but this just gives me such a bad feeling and hope VPD is making progress.

I could also buy into a theory that she had a friend in that area, possibly from her home country, who was helping her get ready to go back home, and on the day she disappeared, she collected her luggage and had her friend drive her to the airport and then return her car.

I don't know why she wouldn't tell her husband or co-workers though. Maybe just afraid of the arguments and people trying to talk her out of it.

I could also buy into a theory that she had a friend in that area, possibly from her home country, who was helping her get ready to go back home, and on the day she disappeared, she collected her luggage and had her friend drive her to the airport and then return her car.

I don't know why she wouldn't tell her husband or co-workers though. Maybe just afraid of the arguments and people trying to talk her out of it.

I really hope this is the case because it would mean that Cristina is safe somewhere.

I really hope this is the case because it would mean that Cristina is safe somewhere.
She went past the airport the first time, and back again, or the phone/car did.
(Self removed)
What I am seeing and hearing locally is that she was in love with her husband and very happy with him, planning on retiring in the next year or so.
I am also seeing people who knew her stating she never misled them, she told them what she was doing and why she was late. She did not lie.

ETA to remove sleuthing of spouse I was wrong for that

Last edited:
Cristina ASE MISSING Facebook group

I asked mods before posting the link, and this Facebook group page has been approved by Websleuth mods.

But please remember WS rules regarding the social media page:

“Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased.”
Note ONLY an owner or admin of the page. No comments from readers or visitors there is allowed here.

(I personally don’t have a FB account, and my own link isn’t working for me at this time, even though it’s a public group.
scratchhead.gif
Is it working for you all? If you have a better link, please post it. Thanks.)

Cristina ASE MISSING Facebook group

I asked mods before posting the link, and this Facebook group page has been approved by Websleuth mods.

But please remember WS rules regarding the social media page:

“Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased.”
Note ONLY an owner or admin of the page. No comments from readers or visitors there is allowed here.

(I personally don’t have a FB account, and my own link isn’t working for me at this time, even though it’s a public group.
scratchhead.gif
Is it working for you all? If you have a better link, please post it. Thanks.)

It's working for me. For the record, the two admins of that group are Kelly N Amy Schauer and Nicole Oquist.

Sort of got the page working for me.

I saw where N.O., an admin, said in reply to the question of Cristina’s current hair color (since some pics are showing her with dark colored hair). N.O. Answered that Cristina decided to let her hair go gray, and that it was dark with gray in it.

As another WS poster commented here, she looks very different in the photos that have been put out of Cristina, IMO! Even when I try to ignore the hair color, she looks different. I think we need more of her with her current appearance. MOO

It's working for me. For the record, the two admins of that group are Kelly N Amy Schauer and Nicole Oquist.
Thanks.

There is a screenshot from local media video on that FB, posted by Nicole Oquist 4 days ago.

However, it doesn't copy well so I reproduced it from the news video here:

20240416_154200.jpg

It shows her phone arrived at the park 6:48, but she doesn't call (text?) into work until (exactly) 7:00 am.

They think she moved around, but then the phone moved off 3 hrs later to the intersection of SE Flavel and, it appears to me, SE 92nd Ave, and turned off at (exactly) 10 am.

So a couple comments:

What's with the exact times?

I notice, there's a self storage facility at that SE Flavel intersection.

JMO

Just a random theory, hear me out! IMO, MOOOO, all that. Could it be possible her workplace or coworkers are somehow involved? Just a question, just wondering, please do not be mad at me lol
Please don't be mad at me - but I was also wondering if this could be the case, even indirectly? Maybe she met someone through work that she was trying to help out and the whole situation went awry? Pure speculation by me, my own opinion, etc.

Editing to add: I have been trying to skim back through the thread to confirm CA's occupation. I seem to be missing it somewhere. Can someone please advise? TYIA!

Please don't be mad at me - but I was also wondering if this could be the case, even indirectly? Maybe she met someone through work that she was trying to help out and the whole situation went awry? Pure speculation by me, my own opinion, etc.

Editing to add: I have been trying to skim back through the thread to confirm CA's occupation. I seem to be missing it somewhere. Can someone please advise? TYIA!
She's the Director of Nursing at Rose Linn Care Center: Skilled Nursing Team | West Linn, OR | Rose Linn Care Center

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back