WA WA - Cristina Ase, 61, Vancouver, 26 Mar 2024

I live local and fully agree with you. Vancouver and Portland have so many homeless camps now. There’s always been crime, but it’s a different vibe for sure so really anything could have happened here. And unfortunately the drug community is so much more prevalent around us with more unexpected people than we realize. :( I just really don’t know about this... There are a ton of possibilities but this just gives me such a bad feeling and hope VPD is making progress.
It is sad to hear you locals reference these changes to the area there.

WHEN did these camps actually become so large and invasive.
I believe one of you had mentioned that Covid had influenced, but any more you can add to allow us to better understand the environmental changes there is helpful...to me.

I’m a bit stumped here on what to beleive. I understand the coworkers have great respect for CA but they also say that she’s not a deceptive person and this is unlike her.. but we know she called in late four times in recent weeks with the suggestion by the coworker that these were for medical appointments. She then goes to this Glenwood Park area, a residential neighbourhood. I don’t know the confirmed street name she was on so Google driving around the north end. I haven’t found any home-based businesses around there. IMO considering perhaps a home-based psychologist/counselor? Complete speculation here. Just considering what type of medical treatment may be done at a home-based office.

She probably did not drive that route. She more than likely went west on 7th st to Chkalov. Most of us avoid Mill Plain and take the back way to the freeways. It's just faster to stay in Cascade Park until you hit Chkalov and Ellsworth or Chkalov and Mill plain. It avoids a bottle neck we have at the free way entrance

That free way has a bad camp right there behind the Off Ramp Bar. I drew the route in red that she would have more than likely taken. Only a few blocks of difference, but if they are looking for video footage, they will check both routes

View attachment 497403
My family owns the Offramp and vet clinic there, as well as office suites across the street. I'm so worried the homeless camps did something. They have been so violent and ruining everything they can. We just had a armed carjacking on our property last week too. We have tried to no end to get concrete barriers built up so they can't go under the freeway :(. The biggest clue is going to be the cleaned car imo. That's TOO much of a one off. Car showing up cleaned. That makes me think it's interpersonal or not vagrant crime. Be safe all <3

I’m a bit stumped here on what to beleive. I understand the coworkers have great respect for CA but they also say that she’s not a deceptive person and this is unlike her.. but we know she called in late four times in recent weeks with the suggestion by the coworker that these were for medical appointments. She then goes to this Glenwood Park area, a residential neighbourhood. I don’t know the confirmed street name she was on so Google driving around the north end. I haven’t found any home-based businesses around there. IMO considering perhaps a home-based psychologist/counselor? Complete speculation here. Just considering what type of medical treatment may be done at a home-based office.
I also looked for home-based professionals in the neighborhood and didn't come up with much. There's an occupational therapist a few streets away but their office hours don't start until noon. No one she's going to be seeing at 7:00 in the morning.

I also wondered if she might be going to something like an AA or NA meeting in that area since I know they usually have very early meetings available for people to attend before work, but I searched every site I could find for those locations and there's nothing in that neighborhood at that time of day. (FYI I'm not implying that Cristina had any kind of addiction issue, just scratching around inside my brain for things people might be doing at that time of day on a repeat basis.)

This post by N.O. (admin) at the Christina ASE MISSING page is a good one to find a summary of what is known or suspected so far. They worked with a United Search Corps in penning the summary, I believe.

Curious the write-up says she’s “devoted wife, mother and a nursing director…” So, she is a mother. Wonder where her child or children (presumably adult) are?

This post by N.O. (admin) at the Christina ASE MISSING page is a good one to find a summary of what is known or suspected so far. They worked with a United Search Corps in penning the summary, I believe.

Curious the write-up says she’s “devoted wife, mother and a nursing director…” So, she is a mother. Wonder where her child or children (presumably adult) are?
Interesting! I thought she didn’t have any kids ?

For some strange reason I’m not able to copy and paste from the write up but I took this screenshot. The friends/coworkers believe that CA was providing care to someone in that area and they don’t beleive she has done this (provided care to this person) before. (But she’s been in the area 4 times total)

Attachments

• 885E20E8-9571-4DE6-B9CB-314430B3CA7F.jpeg
    885E20E8-9571-4DE6-B9CB-314430B3CA7F.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 43
Interesting! I thought she didn’t have any kids ?

The group's two admins wrote comments in this post, when asked if Cristina has children: "only her husband. Her family lives in Argentina" and "she does not have children of her own" and "all of her family lives in Argentina."

The group's two admins wrote comments in this post, when asked if Cristina has children: "only her husband. Her family lives in Argentina" and "she does not have children of her own" and "all of her family lives in Argentina."

Maybe it’s not important for us to know if she does or doesn’t have children in regards to her disappearance, but I wonder why the discrepancy for a basic fact.

IMO considering perhaps a home-based psychologist/counselor? Complete speculation here. Just considering what type of medical treatment may be done at a home-based office.
RSBM - Possibly a Chiropractor? My Chiropractor has appointments as early at 5:30 AM for working people. But, my Chiropractor has a small office.

For some strange reason I’m not able to copy and paste from the write up but I took this screenshot. The friends/coworkers believe that CA was providing care to someone in that area and they don’t beleive she has done this (provided care to this person) before. (But she’s been in the area 4 times total)
Small correction as the statement says the friends do believe she has provided care to this person before.

I can't determine if this is the story they've come up with to explain what they think could be going on (i.e., "oh, she was probably helping people! I'm sure that was it!"), or if they have some other hard facts based on actual previous conversations with her regarding what she was doing at the park.

It is sad to hear you locals reference these changes to the area there.

WHEN did these camps actually become so large and invasive.
I believe one of you had mentioned that Covid had influenced, but any more you can add to allow us to better understand the environmental changes there is helpful...to me.

It was well on it's way to the area when covid hit. At that time, personally, I was going though a lot, DV, foster parent, divorce, and family in active addiction in both Vancouver and Portland. So I was already becoming familiar, and stunned, with this way of life. when Covid hit, and Measure 110 was approved....the BLM protests were every night, the gang members were doing street racing takeovers, (I accidentally went to one and was terrified) and everyone else was hiding inside their homes-keep in mind the west coast stayed in lockdown the longest

Kids who never went back to school after covid? No one looked for them. News said they moved or are homeschooled, and that is not factual. They are still right where they were. Living in trap houses. I know I sound dramatic, but the issue is staggering.

I know for me, the addicts that I knew ...well...they made up fake unemployment's claims, and ended up with thousands upon thousands which was all directly funneled into street life. I found out when I got child support from Oregon for my stepchild's from a parent who has never one time, ever, worked.

In the camps, they can sit and plan the next "lick" or theft, whether it is a store that cannot legally stop them, or someones personal home..who can't legally stop them. Functioning addicts use non functioning addicts to do a lot of theft because they will never be prosecuted.

Arrests for dealers and possession are only a citation...sometimes they don't even take the drugs...most of the time, the dealer is a 15 year kid from Honduras who is back out in minutes.

The criminals own this part of the PNW. I know I sound dramatic, but I had a RV ten feet from my back patio two days ago spewing sewage down the street while smoke billowed out the cracked and broken windows....and nothing I can do to make them leave.

I am glad you asked, because I really don't think people who are not here can comprehend how bad our reality is now

ETA none of which is to detract from Cristina, just to kind of show how prevalent the crime is now here and how it is managed..or not managed, as the case may be. Never forget, Meshay melendez and Layla Stewart lost their lives here after years of documented abuse. Nothing prosecuted until they vanished :( . I knew both Meshay and Layla, they are related to my SO

Last edited:
My family owns the Offramp and vet clinic there, as well as office suites across the street. I'm so worried the homeless camps did something. They have been so violent and ruining everything they can. We just had a armed carjacking on our property last week too. We have tried to no end to get concrete barriers built up so they can't go under the freeway :(. The biggest clue is going to be the cleaned car imo. That's TOO much of a one off. Car showing up cleaned. That makes me think it's interpersonal or not vagrant crime. Be safe all <3
Hello neighbor! I am over next to Joe's Place Farm across the street.

I want to take this time to let you know your family has done AMAZING for our community, you have added so many jobs and the offices and vet area are so clean and well kept. It used to just be a desolate corner next to the freeway with a crappy bar that only served beer and wine. Thank you for upgrading all of that.

But I will admit I am more comfortable at Charlies and the Offramp, even though I like your out door seating better. I will be totally honest about feeling safer at Charlies. But then again, I am old and it's been "my bar" my whole life

At least it's not 3 Monkeys lolllll!!!!!!!

I interpreted “does not have children of her own” to mean her husband has children. Just a guess. And would explain the discrepancy.
Many of us wondered if she had an adult child living in addiction, which would explain everything, but she doesn't, and I won't sleuth her spouse to find out if he has kids, is what I meant :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awb1903
Back