WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery, 24 Nov 1971 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'm not one for attention, but, in this case, I am proud of the show, and how we were represented.

Actually, I didn't want to go on the air on KOIN, it was Matt's job. But, KOIN insisted that both of us be on tv. So, I went along with it.

left

I'm glad you both went on too. Matt sets the background and mood for the story and you zone in with the punches. lol

If they saw the tape, they would certainly be able to say, nay, yes, or I dont' know.

However, neither one is exactly media friendly at the moment. It's not like I could pick up the phone and call them. They are scared, and I think only the FBI should approach them, or a professional organization.

But, yes, a positive id could certainly heat things up.

left

Ps Neither of them was exactly happy that we found them. They are tired of the case. And, if we could find them, then so can Cooper, the media, etc. So, we kind of inadvertently and unintentionally took away their idea that they were unable to be located. In other words, they are semi-hiding.

pss Let me think about it. I just might make a copy of the tape, and mail it to both of them. Let me sleep on it

Actually Left, in a way I can see where you owe them the courtesy. It might lift the cloud that hangs over them, knowing he is under the mighty eye now, and that with their help there could be a faster resolution in the case. Looks like he is healthy enough to live for years. I say that in all kindness.

I think the way Mysticchik's side by side shows quite a resemblance between the 2 pics, realizing 36 years stands between them. What I would love to see is the '88 sketch next to his current photo. I bet you knew that was coming! :D
Scandi

Leftcoast and his friend have done an amazing amount of investigative work on the DB Cooper mystery.
I know left from another thread and I have never posted in this thread.

I have read this thread all the way through and there are numerous worthwhile contributions.
My interest was raised enough to read the whole story of the hi-jacking of the plane etc.

I really hope someone in authority has the courage to use all the terrific work done on this case and carry the investigation through to its logical conclusion.

Well done to leftcoast his friend and all of you who have given support.

Thanks Mystery

It is always appreciated when someone with knowledge reads our thread and gives an objective opinion. Especially a positive one.

thank you from Matt and i

Left

Actually Left, in a way I can see where you owe them the courtesy. It might lift the cloud that hangs over them, knowing he is under the mighty eye now, and that with their help there could be a faster resolution in the case. Looks like he is healthy enough to live for years. I say that in all kindness.

I think the way Mysticchik's side by side shows quite a resemblance between the 2 pics, realizing 36 years stands between them. What I would love to see is the '88 sketch next to his current photo. I bet you knew that was coming! :D
Scandi

Scandi

Someday, in the book, or in real life I will explain what happened when we met both girls. They never did invite us in for milk and cookies, if you can read between the lines.

If I knew how to show the three pictures, I would do it. I can barely turn on my computer, let alone figure that out. But, if I can, I will.

Yes, Ted is in excellent health, works on planes all the time. So, in my opinion, he has at least 10 good years left.

left

dang it! So mad I missed IE!

I had been checking every day and then got caught up IRL last night and forgot to look. :rolleyes:

I hope they will run it again or it will be on youtube or something.

LC, so happy for you that they did a fair job. You have put so much work into this and deserve to be treated better than some clown act brought out for sweeps. The KOIN anchors were rude! (although ITA that they were scripted for legal purposes)

I can't wait to see how it all shakes out. Hugs and good luck!

If anyone finds IE online anywhere, please let me know. My DH found it on our Direct TV channel guide and set it to record, but it was on a channel that we don't have, so I didn't get to see it.

TIA!

LC,

I just got home and saw IE. It's good to have TIVO. Outstanding piece! I agree that for the length of the segment it couldn't have been any better.

It was REALLY interesting to listen to Teddy talk. My personal favorite was when he commented on your accusation that he is DB Cooper. "I don't think the profile fits my good man". More interesting than the comment itself is his body English.

Ok I'll say it. I don't think that profile was ever meant to fit Cooper. ;)

OD

Dominion said:
What was interesting about the 3rd and final piece is in the end when Keely Day asks Jeff Gianola "do you think he did it?" and he says emphatically "No!". Did anyone look closely at Gianola and his eye? I have no doubt that his producer was loud and clear in his ear piece telling him exactly what to say. Watch it again!

I'll keep an eye out as I just got it in the mail!! Thanks LeftCoast!!! :D I'll be watching it tonite!

snip...

"it sounded like Ted", which means he was convinced that there was zero way somebody could jump at 8:13pm, and get to a phone at 10pm.

left

?? He knows Ted personally?? - talked with him countless times to KNOW what Ted sounds like on the phone??? :waitasec:

I DVR'ed IE late last night - so I can't watch until I get home from work today. But I can't wait!!

dang it! So mad I missed IE!

I had been checking every day and then got caught up IRL last night and forgot to look. :rolleyes:

I hope they will run it again or it will be on youtube or something.

LC, so happy for you that they did a fair job. You have put so much work into this and deserve to be treated better than some clown act brought out for sweeps. The KOIN anchors were rude! (although ITA that they were scripted for legal purposes)

I can't wait to see how it all shakes out. Hugs and good luck!

Thanks

Ya, IE gave us a fair shake.

Think about it. IF kOIN didn't believe the story, then why promote the heck out of it over sweeps. KOIN was covering their butts, I agree.

Plus, Donahue told me once, "it cant' be this obvious". Sure, it can. It usually is that obvious.

Does anyone think KOIN would have aired a segment about Cooper if the suspect was not credible, possible, believeable, possible, etc. Answer" NO. KOIN has never done a segment about any suspect in this case, that I'm aware of. Funny

left

LC,

I just got home and saw IE. It's good to have TIVO. Outstanding piece! I agree that for the length of the segment it couldn't have been any better.

It was REALLY interesting to listen to Teddy talk. My personal favorite was when he commented on your accusation that he is DB Cooper. "I don't think the profile fits my good man". More interesting than the comment itself is his body English.

Ok I'll say it. I don't think that profile was ever meant to fit Cooper. ;)

OD

Ya, What is funny is that never happened.

When we confronted him two weeks ago, he was silent. I told him both girls picked him out of a lineup. Not one word from Ted. No denial. No, it couldn't have been me. Nothing.

Then, later on, he said, I was on the phone with the FBI. We said Ted, don't play us for fools, that never, ever, happened. We have inside knowledge. Then, he goes for the FBI called 4 times, and he went to dinner with his girlfriend. I asked for a name, and he gave a name, that just happens to have to same last name as one of his friends. LOL.

Then, he tells me the FBI called and said, ya, "we think he jumped". Well, Ted, the FBI didn't know he jumped until about 11:00pm. So, Portland didn't find out until 11:15pm , and roadblocks were set up at midnight. So, the FBI called Ted back after 11pm, when he was zero help the entire night. Please.

It's amazing how his story changes all the time.

Ted even admitted the FBI never checked out his alibi.

I think Ted is enjoying sticking it to the man yet again.

left

?? He knows Ted personally?? - talked with him countless times to KNOW what Ted sounds like on the phone??? :waitasec:

Right, kind of strange. Huh.

Plus, H-bach hadn't heard from Ted in at least a year or so before the hijacking. So, how is it you can recognize someone's voice like that. I'm not insinuating it wasn't Ted on the phone, but, it still should have been checked out, and it was suspicious, and it 'DOESN'T" explain where Ted was during the hijacking.

H-=bach said "it sounded like Ted", when I asked him about the call at 10pm.

Where was Ted from 2-10pm on 11/24/71. Funny thing, the hijacker demanding chutes from Seattle, and not Portland. heck, the Portland rigger was a bit tied up at the time.

It also explains how Cooper knew that the Seattle FBI would be able to get sport parachutes on the day before Thanksgiving in such short order. Heck, it was raining, and a holiday weekend. What if Cossey had gone away for the weekend, then what? Did Cooper know EC was in town? You don't plan a heist like that to a "t", and not know where the FBI was going to get the chutes.

Cooper was even bold enough to reject military chutes from McChord. Well, if you know a certain rigger, and know he is home, and a good rigger, why not use his chutes.

I'm starting to understand why the Seattle FBI suspect EC was in on it. That was just great FBI work. EC should have been a suspect, and he was. why Ted wasn't, is still a mystery.

lef t

Ya, What is funny is that never happened.

When we confronted him two weeks ago, he was silent. I told him both girls picked him out of a lineup. Not one word from Ted. No denial. No, it couldn't have been me. Nothing.

Then, later on, he said, I was on the phone with the FBI. We said Ted, don't play us for fools, that never, ever, happened. We have inside knowledge. Then, he goes for the FBI called 4 times, and he went to dinner with his girlfriend. I asked for a name, and he gave a name, that just happens to have to same last name as one of his friends. LOL.

Then, he tells me the FBI called and said, ya, "we think he jumped". Well, Ted, the FBI didn't know he jumped until about 11:00pm. So, Portland didn't find out until 11:15pm , and roadblocks were set up at midnight. So, the FBI called Ted back after 11pm, when he was zero help the entire night. Please.

It's amazing how his story changes all the time.

Ted even admitted the FBI never checked out his alibi.

I think Ted is enjoying sticking it to the man yet again.

left

It's interesting and understandable that he wants it that the FBI called him on that night and not vice versa. I've always had a problem with him calling the FBI for a huge reason. This should be a matter of record. No innocent person would have reason to lie about something like this.

OD

It's interesting and understandable that he wants it that the FBI called him on that night and not vice versa. I've always had a problem with him calling the FBI for a huge reason. This should be a matter of record. No innocent person would have reason to lie about something like this.

OD

I agree. the FBi calling him looks less suspicious.

Matt even said, if Teddy had told us the H-bach story, that Ted was sitting around drinking beer, and got worried the FBI might think he was the hijacker, and decided to call the fBI at 10pm, it would make me a little less suspicious. But, Ted has zero reason to lie about that. NONE.

FBI records don't lie. We confirmed our story with H-bach, and the Seattle office. Ted called the FBI around 10pm, there is no record of the FBI calling Ted, because it never happened.

Let's see"

TEd knows the FBi agent in charge of the investigation

Ted knows the rigger who packed his chutes.

What are the odds of this happening again in the history of the united states. Zero.

left

Matt even said, if Teddy had told us the H-bach story, that Ted was sitting around drinking beer, and got worried the FBI might think he was the hijacker, and decided to call the fBI at 10pm, it would make me a little less suspicious. But, Ted has zero reason to lie about that. NONE.

Exactly. But it wouldn't change anything for me. The entire jacking took what 4 hours from start to touch down in Ca.? How likely would it be the day before Thanksgiving to have been following this event? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the FAA or FBI even released details to the news etc until after the plane landed in CA. Even if they did, this was not a time of 24 hour news (cnn headline) the internet etc. On any given day an innocent Ted would have likely been grease-monkeying his plane with a Budweiser on the cockpit or shooting pool in a pool hall and would never have called the FBI. What innocent person worries DURING a 4 hour event about the FBI suspecting them? One who needs reason to call for an alibi, pure and simple.

Ted must have seen the problem with his call, and now by lying he's digging
a hole.

FBI records don't lie. We confirmed our story with H-bach, and the Seattle office. Ted called the FBI around 10pm, there is no record of the FBI calling Ted, because it never happened.
Let's see"E
TEd knows the FBi agent in charge of the investigation
Ted knows the rigger who packed his chutes.

What are the odds of this happening again in the history of the united states. Zero.

left

Yup, that's why you solved it.

OD

Gee still waiting to see Inside Edtion story
And if I reacll I saw the news that night about DB cooper that night on the 10:00 news down here in Ca.

I agree. the FBi calling him looks less suspicious.

left

Gotta love him fabricating lies like the one about your insisting that he's DB cooper and his reply that "The profile doesn't fit my GOOD man".

The PROFILE?...the profile??....the profile???...Aaaarrrrhhhhhhhh!

More on that later!

Just a small quote for you tonight:

"I ask him what he thought about it and he said the guy's gotta be nuts"

This came from the same man that said:

"It's just not reasonable to assume that anyone could jump from a plane like that and survive"

And...Just WHAT did he think the 4 copycats did? Not survive? They all made it to the ground and served their time.

The point is moot.

We're far from over here. I will not let this go. Tune in if you want to.

OD

Notice how Ted keeps on pumping up Cooper

Ted quotes from our visits and tv. related to Cooper

'HE WOULD HAVE TO BE NUTS

"I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM MAKING THAT JUMP

"I WOULDN'T DUPLICATE THAT JUMP FOR ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD"

"I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH"

"MCCOY WAS AN IDIOT, HE HAD IT COMING. HE WASN'T AS SMART AS COOPER (how does he know mccoy isn't Cooper)

"IF I WERE YOU, I WOULDN'T TURN COOPER IN, SOMEONE MAY HURT HIM'

"THE FBI SAID COOPER WAS A HERO"

"THE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS SAID COOPER WAS GENTLE

"tHAT COOPER HAD EVERYTHING PLANNED TO A T"

"NO, COOPER IS GETTING UP THERE IN AGE, I'LL BET HE "CHUCKLES" EVERY NOW AND THEN ABOUT THE HEIST"

"COOPER DIDN'T HAVE AN ACCOMPLICE, THIS WAY, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SOMEONE RUNNING THEIR MOUTH WHEN THEIR DRUNK"

"COOPER RIPPED OPEN THE EXTRA CHUTE, TORE OUT THE CHUTE, AND PUT THE MONEY IN THE KNAPSACK, AND ATTACHED IT TO HIS BACK PARACHUTE"

"YA, THE POROSITY OF THE ONE CHUTE WAS 1,1, AND THE OTHER WAS 1.6. BOTH GREAT CHUTES. I WOULD HAVE USED THE SKYDIVERS MODEL, NOT THE EMERGENCY PILOT MODEL"

How does he know all of this

on and on, he keeps on patting himself on the back,

Plus, Ted said he doesn't fit the profile, PLease!!!!!!

I think what he meant to say was that he does not fit the description of Cooper, since he is a little short, and a little younger than described.

there is a reason Cooper remained seated all the time, at the back of the plane. IT was to conceal his height, weight, and age.

left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member