WA WA - Irene Fleming, 31, Pasco, went for walk, last seen near George, 25 Feb 2024

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
65e2a4dd18e5d.image.png

Authorities said Irene Fleming, 31, of Pasco, was visiting friends when she went for a walk in the 4900 block of Road U Southwest. She hasn't been seen since.

According to information from the Grant County Sheriff's Office, Fleming left the home between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday, February 25. She left her car at the home and hasn't been in contact with anyone since. Authorities said her phone is either now turned off or the battery died.

She was last seen wearing a brown jacket, blue jeans and brown boots.

Authorities said the area where she was last seen was near I-90 and milepost 143 near the Silica Road Exit. They said they are hoping a passing motorist may have seen her because the area is rural with few homes and someone out walking would have been noticed by people who live or travel the area

GCSO said Fleming has not contacted anyone since her disappearance. She is originally from Pasco.

If you have any information on Fleming, please call the GCSO at (509) 762-1160, or email them at crimetips@grantcountywa.gov, and reference case number 24GS02216. GCSO said any tips can remain anonymous.
GCSO also said not to post tips on social media on Fleming's whereabouts and to contact sheriffs first.
The Grant County Sheriff’s Office needs your help with finding 31-year-old Irene Fleming. The Pasco woman was visiting...
Posted by Grant County Sheriff's Office - WA

Here's a Google map of the I 90 interchange Silica Road Exit she was last seen at (the home she was at was on the Rd. U SW pictured, 4900 block. It's pretty rural and isolated. There's a campground there, the google map doesn't show much there, but does anyone here know if it's used by transients or just recreational camping? Google Maps

1709426794354.png

GEORGE, Wash. — Deputies are still searching for a 31-year-old woman who went missing six miles west of George almost a week ago.

According to the Grant County Sheriff's Office, Irene Fleming lives in Pasco and was visiting friends living on the 4900 block of Road U-Southwest in Grant County. On Feb. 25, around 4-5 p.m., she left the house and did not return.

She was last seen wearing a brown jacket, blue jeans, and brown boots. Fleming has not made contact with anyone since she left. There is a possibility that she left on foot because her car was still in the driveway.

Grant County Sheriff's Office says the location is near Interstate 90 milepost 143, and they hope a passing motorist might have seen her.

Anyone with information about Irene Fleming is asked to call the Grant County Sheriff's Office through MACC Dispatch at 509-762-1160; you can also email information to crimetips@grantcountywa.gov. You can remain anonymous if you choose. Let the 911 call-taker know you have information for CR number 24GS02216.

1709426903696.png

Irene's Facebbok Page

Ummm, not good. Here one minute and gone the next, without her car. Hoping a friend or relative picked her up, but IMO her car has been sitting -- not at her residence -- for too many days -- unless she had car trouble (not likely in this instance, IMO).
Hoping she is safe and hoping she will be back to pick up her car soon.
Not liking this...

Thanks for the thread, @Knox.

Does anyone know who she was visiting?
“Update 7:30 p.m. 03/02/24: The Grant County Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate the missing person report of 31-year-old Irene Fleming who was last seen between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday, February 25, 2024, leaving a home in the 4900-block of Road U-Southwest. She left on foot and her whereabouts are unknown.”

View attachment 487592

Irene's Facebbok Page

what a cutiepie
I hope she is ok
and I see by her FB, she may have dogs - if so, I hope they're ok

As part of their investigation, Wenatchee Police asked the Grant County Sheriff’s Office to check an address in the George area to see if Irene was there. It was learned then that Irene had left the Road U-Southwest address on Sunday afternoon and had not been seen since.

The investigating Detective has discussed this case with the Grant County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office and a Grant County Superior Court Judge. They have said that there is currently no evidence that a crime has happened.

With this being a missing person case and not a criminal case, the search warrant to ping her phone’s last known location was not granted. A search warrant would also be required to search Irene’s car that she left at the Road U-Southwest home.

The Detective in charge of the investigation was again in contact with Irene’s family this evening. The Grant County Sheriff’s Office tomorrow morning will be flying a drone over areas near the home where Irene was last seen.

WOW really?!! This is the kind of failure to act we see early on in MP cases, and evidence in the investigation is compromised by the lack of action. I hope she's ok, but what if she's not? What if the people at the home on Road U are lying about her leaving on her steam? Her poor family!! If this was my daughter, I'd be rolling heads.

1709451830561.png

Irene Fleming was reported missing after she left a friend’s residence in the 4900-block of Road U-Southwest in Grant County and has not been in contact with anyone since her departure. The incident occurred sometime between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday, and her phone is now either turned off or the battery has been depleted. At the time of her disappearance, Fleming was last seen wearing a brown jacket, blue jeans, and brown boots.

Given the circumstances of her disappearance and the lack of communication since, her family, friends, and local authorities are deeply concerned for her safety. The Grant County Sheriff’s Office is appealing to the public to share information that may aid in locating Fleming.

As part of their investigation, Wenatchee Police asked the Grant County Sheriff’s Office to check an address in the George area to see if Irene was there. It was learned then that Irene had left the Road U-Southwest address on Sunday afternoon and had not been seen since.

The investigating Detective has discussed this case with the Grant County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office and a Grant County Superior Court Judge. They have said that there is currently no evidence that a crime has happened.

With this being a missing person case and not a criminal case, the search warrant to ping her phone’s last known location was not granted. A search warrant would also be required to search Irene’s car that she left at the Road U-Southwest home.

The Detective in charge of the investigation was again in contact with Irene’s family this evening. The Grant County Sheriff’s Office tomorrow morning will be flying a drone over areas near the home where Irene was last seen.

WOW really?!! This is the kind of failure to act we see early on in MP cases, and evidence in the investigation is compromised by the lack of action. I hope she's ok, but what if she's not? What if the people at the home on Road U are lying about her leaving on her steam? Her poor family!! If this was my daughter, I'd be rolling heads.
I can imagine they are probably up in arms. She is from my area albeit not where she was located when she went missing. She has family that are looking for her and friends. It’s horrific how law-enforcement has their hands tight in some situations with adults missing. Pinging her phone seems like such a simple thing to get authorized for for crying out loud.

Update by LE - Sunday 03/03/2024 7:30 a.m.:

Detectives on Saturday received credible information from an East Wenatchee business employee who had contact with a female named Irene on Thursday, four days after Irene was last seen walking out of a rural Grant County home. The employee verified the woman matched the picture of Irene Fleming. There is no evidence Irene Fleming is in danger.

It appears that she managed to get a ride to another part of town.

I can imagine they are probably up in arms. She is from my area albeit not where she was located when she went missing. She has family that are looking for her and friends. It’s horrific how law-enforcement has their hands tight in some situations with adults missing. Pinging her phone seems like such a simple thing to get authorized for for crying out loud.
Completely agree! The GCSO Detective seems to be trying to do his job, but was cut off at the knees. Unless there is valid information not being shared in the decision made by the Judge & Prosecutor's Office, I'm squarely on the Detective's side. All just MHO. I feel for Irene's family.

Update by LE - Sunday 03/03/2024 7:30 a.m.:

Detectives on Saturday received credible information from an East Wenatchee business employee who had contact with a female named Irene on Thursday, four days after Irene was last seen walking out of a rural Grant County home. The employee verified the woman matched the picture of Irene Fleming. There is no evidence Irene Fleming is in danger.

It appears that she managed to get a ride to another part of town.
Ok, that's positive news. But it doesn't mean Irene is safe, why is she doing what she's doing? Are there mental health concerns at play? Is she at risk of self-harm?

I still stand by my posts, based on the information GCSO put out there prior to this latest update.

Ok, that's positive news. But it doesn't mean Irene is safe, why is she doing what she's doing? Are there mental health concerns at play? Is she at risk of self-harm?

I still stand by my posts, based on the information GCSO put out there prior to this latest update.
I hope they are checking for possible camera evidence that it really is her. They’re everywhere nowadays. And I agree it doesn’t mean she’s OK even if it is her. People say this is totally out of character and someone in that mental mindset is not all right. I don’t care if they are walking around. Something is wrong.

Privacy rules really dictate a lot in such search warrants. The following article has some really good information on it: Do the Police Need a Warrant to Track You With Your Cellphone?. Although this young woman sounds like she has a caring and loving family, there are adults in other some scenarios that leave voluntarily to remove themselves from an abusive or toxic environment for their own physical or mental health. In such cases LE has guidelines to follow under the law on obtaining and/or providing their location data from third parties if they are not in any known danger or if a crime has been committed. Whether we agree with it or not, that is often what LE has to work with.

Deputies say 31-year-old Irene Fleming was last seen by friends on February 25th, but a recent tip has lead them to believe she is in the Wenatchee area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama
Back