Found Deceased WA - James Price, 86, Seattle, 18 Sep 2023 *recently diagnosed w/dementia, was going to the neighbor’s house a few doors down to pick plums*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
[...]

James Price has been missing since Sept. 18. His stepson, RC, said Price told his wife he was going to the neighbor’s house a few doors down to pick plums.

“For several months there, there have been concerns about him easily getting confused and forgetting things that were just said, or you know, things that you normally wouldn’t forget,” Cassady told KIRO Newsradio. “They ran tests and they came back negative until just recently (when) he registered high enough on their scale (for dementia) just this month.”

Price is 5 feet, 10 inches tall, weighs 125 pounds, has a crooked walk due to a spinal injury and is hard of hearing. He was last seen wearing a blue ski jacket with no hood and blue or black jeans. He does not have a phone or a car and usually uses public transportation.

[...]

“One of our neighbors had a video camera from their door. (Price) should have shown up on that video camera walking to get plums. But he didn’t show up on that video camera so it’s just really a mystery,” RC added.

[...]

I noticed a tidbit in this article that I didn't see elsewhere:
(BBM)

"James (Jim) Price, has been missing since 7pm Monday night when he left his house on foot after an argument with his wife."

Maybe his wife was trying to stop him from leaving the house? Looking at weather records, on 9/18 sunset was 7:15pm in Seattle, so it would have been getting dark at 7pm when he left home.

SEP 28, 2023
After an FBI involved canine search and an aerial search via helicopter Jim Price, missing since Monday evening Sept. 19, is still nowhere to be found. The family is nearly out of ideas and it's well past the time when he might have simply survived on his own. They have updated a "search document" that provides some further information and more details. They hope to still have someone come forward with anything they've seen or heard as to his whereabouts.

They are sending a bulk mail postcard out soon with his picture and information to West Seattle residents. If you get one, talk to your neighbors about it.

If you see/think you see Jim, please call 9-1-1 immediately, stay with him.

Missing since 9/18/23 from West Seattle’s Pigeon Point neighborhood.

SEP 30, 2023
[...]

SP says she and her loved ones have posted more than 300 flyers throughout her neighborhood, all the way up to Vashon Island, where they own a property. She says they have searched the lower bridge, nearby encampments and have knocked on RV doors, but still there's no sign of him.

[...]

Outside there home sits End of Street Park, a constant reminder of who Jim is: A nature loving and outdoor enthusiast.

"He’s the one that people see either walking our dog around the neighborhood every day or in this pocket park tending to it," Price said.

[...]

"Monday morning we had a plumbing incident with a lot of flooding in the main floor; things were very stressful we were both busy cleaning up," Price said.

All she has left is the hood of Jim's windbreaker, which he left behind after she says he grabbed his coat and said he was headed for a walk.

"He said I’m going to go pick plums," Price recalls. That was their plan, to head to the neighbors house together, but he often went for walks alone. Price says a few minutes later she walked over, but Jim never made it. "He probably didn’t remember from the time he was in the house putting on his windbreaker to the time he got down to the sidewalk.," Price said. "He probably forgot what he intended to do in the first place."

The 86-year-old grandfather suffers from dementia. Price says he only started getting worse within the last few days. ...

[...]

west seattle dementia...

“For several months there, there have been concerns about him easily getting confused and forgetting things that were just said, or you know, things that you normally wouldn’t forget,” Cassady told KIRO Newsradio. “They ran tests and they came back negative until just recently (when) he registered high enough on their scale (for dementia) just this month.”

This just breaks my heart. My Dad had memory issues and it came on SO suddenly, literally within a few weeks he went from being able to drive to the store to not knowing how to get out of the neighborhood while walking. I hope this man is found soon. I've linked the Google map of his residence area. If you look below and to the left of Pigeon Point you can see 22nd SW. Google Maps

1698306781253.jpeg
Jim’s wife told WSB this week that there are still no clues as to what happened to Jim, last seen leaving his home on Pigeon Point the evening of Monday, September 18th. Various information related to the case and the search can still be found at jimpriceismissing.com.

This just breaks my heart. My Dad had memory issues and it came on SO suddenly, literally within a few weeks he went from being able to drive to the store to not knowing how to get out of the neighborhood while walking. I hope this man is found soon. I've linked the Google map of his residence area. If you look below and to the left of Pigeon Point you can see 22nd SW. Google Maps
Rapid-onset dementia can be due to mini-strokes. I'm just glad his body was found, and hope whatever happened, it was quick and painless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movalee
Back