WA WA - Jared Shadeed, 27, attorney from DC, visiting Seattle, 30 Jul 2023 *car found in Los Angeles CA*

TwinkieDefense

Reaction score
August 16, 2023 article -

[…]

A 27-year-old immigration lawyer, visiting Seattle from Washington D.C., is reported missing. His friends say he didn’t return to his Capitol Hill Airbnb and left all his belongings behind.

[…]

Shadeed is an immigration lawyer working in D.C., he graduated from an Ivy League and grew up in Queens, New York. Two of his childhood friends say they know something is not right.

[…]

It was the owner of that Airbnb on 16th Avenue in Squire Park that called police on July 30 reporting that his renter never returned. Shadeed’s friends confirm the case has been assigned to a missing persons detective as police are looking to the public for any information.

“To hear that he has gone missing without saying anything. It was a lot because usually, he is very responsible, he’ll share his location,” Nur-Bramwell said. “Somebody knows where he’s going regardless of if he decides to be alone or not. He still shares a level of visibility,” she continued.

[…]

Friends say that Shadeed loved to take road trips and that he may have driven his vehicle all the way to Seattle. Police say he may be driving a 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan with Washington D.C. plates. Anyone with information is asked to call the police.

[…]

His car was found in Los Angeles yesterday

Car of attorney who went missing during Seattle visit found in California - KING 5
<snipped & BBM>
The Los Angeles Police Department found a car that was registered to Shadeed on a residential street in the Atwater Village neighborhood Thursday morning, according to NBC Los Angeles. Officers canvassed the area and did not find Shadeed.

Kathy Fernandez, who is Shadeed’s law school friend and lives in Los Angeles, told NBC Los Angeles she was Shadeed’s only connection in the city but there was no reason for his car to be there.

The car hadn't been moved since Aug. 4, so we are still pretty scared again and we are just worried about where he is,” Fernandez told NBC Los Angeles.

August 18, 2023 article

[…]

His loved ones are hoping the LAPD will take over the investigation, who has been working with Seattle PD. The family told FOX 11 Seattle authorities have yet to run Shadeed’s financial records, Uber account, and other ways that could help find him.

[…]

Intriguing disappearance, made more so by the lack of any meaningful details being released.

Why did he quit his job in DC? What brought him to LA & Seattle? Who did he see there?
Yeah, I'm certain the changes in Jared's life are significant in this case but if it won't aid public searching for him they should be kept private.

RING doorbell screenshot of him checking into his AirBNB here: Jared Shadeed: Search for missing immigration attorney leads to Los Angeles

1697432472448.png
and the footage, along with footage of where his car is parked: Car of attorney who went missing during Seattle visit found in California

[Jared's] childhood friend Ciara Dalton said she wasn’t surprised he traveled to the Pacific Northwest, Fox13 reported.

But what was alarming: Shadeed left his belongings behind, including his phone.

“[Leaving] the phone? Definitely not,” Dalton said. “But the laptop, too, because he’s into his writing and he’s working on a book.”

They have contacted local hospitals and mental health institutions as well to check for possible whereabouts, the report said.

Seattle Police informed the family that Shadeed's Airbnb history showed he had been traveling along the West Coast and had also visited Forks, Washington and Los Angeles before he left all of his electronics behind, according to Dalton's post.

The D.C.-area apartment complex where Shadeed was living has not received a rent payment from him since July 3, according to the post.

Shadeed had quit his job at immigration law firm Grossman Young & Hammond but was still licensed to practice in the Maryland and D.C. area, Dalton told USA Today.

Many of Shadeed's friends hadn’t heard from him since December, Dalton said.

"Ciara Dalton, one of Shadeed’s friends, told USA Today the apartment Shadeed was living at in the D.C. area hasn’t gotten a rent payment since July 3. She also revealed he quit his job at immigration law firm Grossman Young & Hammond before his impromptu road trip. Many of his friends haven’t heard from him since last December, the news outlet added."

Jared left on his road trip and stopped paying rent in July, so I'm curious why Jared was out of contact with his friends from December. What happened to make him stop contacting his friends then, and what was going on from December until July?

Hi All,

This is Ciara Dalton. I Just wanted to come on here to say thank you for still caring about Jared . We haven’t heard any news in months . Everyday I just pray for him to show up.
Welcome to WS.

I'm so sorry for the strain you're under wondering what happened to your friend, and I hope that you and his other friends and family receive answers soon.

The crowdfunding site established for Jared shows it raised enough to retain a private investigator. I wonder if one has been hired.
Also, the site's description lists his tattoos which I didn't recall seeing previously. (IIRC crowdfunding links aren't allowable to post or I'd link for readers).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back