Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he were 18 when GG raped and murdered Jenise, I could see the DA maybe agreeing to plea bargaining down and taking the death penalty off the table, and agree to a guilty plea=LWOP.

I can't see the DA thinking saving the tax payers money is worth the bargain when it means having a convicted child raping murderer back out on the streets at age 42 (or younger if the DA agreed to a lesser charge)

The death penalty will never be on the table for GG. They have his semen in her bloody underwear and bloody evidence hidden in his bedroom. It's a slam dunk for LWOP, why plea down to a lesser charge and risk having him out on the streets before middle age? I just don't see it.

IMO, the defense is just doing their job. Attempting to launch a vigorous defense of the indefensible.

<modsnip>
He didn't man up about anything. The judge told him when he was charged as an adult that he had to take the jacket off his head.

IMO, rape is wrong, even prison rape of a guilty person. On a certain level, I think we all want revenge against people who commit evil crimes like this one. However, I'm not sure how him being raped in prison helps anyone.

He didn't man up about anything. The judge told him when he was charged as an adult that he had to take the jacket off his head.

IMO, rape is wrong, even prison rape of a guilty person. On a certain level, I think we all want revenge against people who commit evil crimes like this one. However, I'm not sure how him being raped in prison helps anyone.

i agree with you. comments like "the prison boys will love him" and wishing he gets raped in jail are, in my opinion, disgusting.
this guy committed a heinous crime no doubt about it and i agree he deserves to be punished but wishing him pain, suffering puts us back at his level
we know he is totally f#%^ for life, and "prison justice" is just an excuse for some sadists to enjoy themselves as they are locked away, it doesn't make them or us any better beings that him

Quote from tlcya:

they almost always plead not guilty IME, even when they confess to police. Its strategic. No chance to attempt to insert reasonable doubt if you plea out. And reasonable doubt is all it takes. Most would rather take their shot with a jury than plea out, seems like.

Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

You said it, tlcya! Don't throw in the towel before they flip the coin at the beginning of the game. Jump in, see how "fine" the water is... You can plead guilty right up until the jury goes into deliberation (at least that's how it is in NC & that's all the law I know, however little that is). Is there any other type of defense left other than what they've announced? No. His DNA may put him in the jailhouse for 25 years minimum, and his crime is so reprehensible, he may stay in there for 15 more. And if the aggravating circumstances outweigh the mitigating ones in the judge's eyes, he could get LWOP from the get-go. So what's there to lose?

It's about the only way to <choke> negotiate a plea, as well. Unless something really cockeyed or weird is discovered, I can't see the DA (izzat what the prosecutors are called in this area? -- if not set me straight, please) considering that step, not in a crime as heartless and vicious as this one. No deal, no plea, no mercy, no way. And if dim. capacity or wth ever is thrown in, we can expect lotsa technical psych talk at trial. Nothing new, but could be enuff to make a juror or two wonder... Makes me ill. Do we know anything about his representation? Good defense attorney(s)? Oily def atty? I'd like to know.

This is such a horror.

i agree with you. comments like "the prison boys will love him" and wishing he gets raped in jail are, in my opinion, disgusting.
this guy committed a heinous crime no doubt about it and i agree he deserves to be punished but wishing him pain, suffering puts us back at his level
we know he is totally f#%^ for life, and "prison justice" is just an excuse for some sadists to enjoy themselves as they are locked away, it doesn't make them or us any better beings that him

Totally agree. Wishing rape on anyone, even a rapist is sick in my opinion. Justice isn't served by people raping each other, and while his crime was shocking and heinous he doesn't deserve to be raped! It always concerns me when teenagers have killed/raped. It says to me that there is something terribly wrong in their background to make them do that. I'm not excusing what they do, but as someone who studies criminology I always take an interest in the psychology/sociology behind crimes.

Totally agree. Wishing rape on anyone, even a rapist is sick in my opinion. Justice isn't served by people raping each other, and while his crime was shocking and heinous he doesn't deserve to be raped! It always concerns me when teenagers have killed/raped. It says to me that there is something terribly wrong in their background to make them do that. I'm not excusing what they do, but as someone who studies criminology I always take an interest in the psychology/sociology behind crimes.
I can understand wanting the perpetrators to feel the same violation, pain, and vulnerability that they so callously inflicted on someone else, especially when the victim is a child.
I guess I'm in the minority. I know "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind," but my mind still goes to wanting these sickos to get what they give.

Related but OT.

Another case in WA of a similar nature, thankfully will spare the parents and victim a trial. The teen has plead guilty to the charges. Sad case but thankfully the little girl lived to tell her tale. Bless her heart.

http://patch.com/washington/puyallu...empted-murder-in-assault-of-7yearold-neighbor

Dammit, but yes, she's still alive. At her age, she will prolly remember a lot of it. Hope she can receive some good effective therapy. I would like to keep up with this one, but since we have no names, it's prolly not possible. I'd like to see how this case will be handled by LE and prosecutors, etc., etc.

I hope you will keep us updated if that's possible -- you don't know any more than we do, I feel sure.

Thanks for reporting, psyq.

If he were 18 when GG raped and murdered Jenise, I could see the DA maybe agreeing to plea bargaining down and taking the death penalty off the table, and agree to a guilty plea=LWOP.

I can't see the DA thinking saving the tax payers money is worth the bargain when it means having a convicted child raping murderer back out on the streets at age 42 (or younger if the DA agreed to a lesser charge)

The death penalty will never be on the table for GG. They have his semen in her bloody underwear and bloody evidence hidden in his bedroom. It's a slam dunk for LWOP, why plea down to a lesser charge and risk having him out on the streets before middle age? I just don't see it.

IMO, the defense is just doing their job. Attempting to launch a vigorous defense of the indefensible.

Excellent post, Magdalyn. When there's nowhere to go, then go crazy. They got nuttin, honey, but instead of simply seeing that his client receives a fair trial -- which is what he is required to do -- he starts dusting up everything he can, delaying, etc., etc. And does he sleep at night?

The prosecutors will NEVER, IMO, go for anything less than LWOP, and I think they know that their case is sturdy and will stand.

Is there a thread for this one? Terrible. I don't even recall hearing about it and I'm fairly local.

I don't see how there really can be a thread yet -- there are no names associated with the victim, of course since she is only 7 y/o, and the 14 y/o. I would like to follow this one, too, but I don't know how unnamed individuals are handled here on WS. If there is a way, I would like to know and follow it as well. Maybe we will get a name of someone on this thing somehow. Still scratching my head...

this is what confuses me

""Mr. Gaeta meets that criteria at this time and we stipulate to his competency," wrote Gaeta's attorney, Roger Hunko.

"If forced to go through a competency evaluation I as lead counsel would advise him not to answer any questions at this time and to rely on his Fifth Amendment rights," Hunko said"

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/gaeta-competent-to-stand-trial-for-jenises-murder_47517084

so it is HIS right not to comply with court ordered mental eval.......those very same evals that were difficult to schedule and created scheduling constipation????

ultimate gamesmanship -- shame on everyone MOO
Remember, the defense has got to give it everything he's got, or there could be claims that GG was not given a proper defense. Also, if I remember correctly, Austin Sigg initially plead Not Guilty, but then changed it to a Guilty plea when the trial began. It is possible this case could go that way, too.

Me, neither. So weird. I wonder if it was very minor. For what, though?

I have been unable to find anything and I am hopeful it is not a court appearance to complain that his porridge is too cold or lumpy KWIM?

I did find a comment made by a family friend of the W family and I want to bring it to the forefront of our minds.

http://www.insidebainbridge.com/201...ng-calls-the-accused-a-monster/#idc-container

"the brutal rape and murder of Jenise an act that could only be committed by a “monster.” He recalled with disbelief how Gaeta stood 10 feet from him during the vigil for Jenise before her body was found: “I was handing out candles. I probably handed him one. . . . In the eyes of the law he is a child, but it was a man who committed that act.”

Jenise was raped, beaten, strangled, and buried in mud near her home in the Steele Creek Mobile Home Park in East Bremerton.''

He's a big person and the thought of him beating that little girl is gut wrenching.

Yes he may be considered a ''child'' under the law but in physical reality he's a man and he was a lot bigger than JW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot