Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a member here a long time and I have to say this case has made me doubt why. So much judgment and innuendo it has made me sick.

Really? This has really made me thankful I have found such a great community. So many people who want to help. In the world of so much horror, it's important to look for the helpers. There are always helpers. Maybe some anger came out- but it's rooted in that we want the killer/rapist of this sweet little girl brought to justice. It's all based on good intentions.

I see a lot of good here.

Um. Just wanted to point out that there is a dead child involved in this thread. There are also two families who have lost a child, one to death and one to jail. How about we concentrate on that and stop arguing about the semantics involved in rape.

And for the record, no, I do not hope he gets raped in prison. Rape is wrong, no matter what a criminal has done, it does not justify wanting him to become a victim. That's a pretty disgusting notion.

Judgement and condemnation for the parents of the victim, and sympathy for the parents of a child raping murderer.

What a mixed up, upside down world we live in.

Just got home and couldn't find the thread #4 in my subscriptions :scared:

Found new thread and see ARREST!

Bittersweet. Great job LE, so sad to find out our sweet Jenise was raped :(

I am so sorry you had to go through that darlin'. I can relate and it does haunt. I understand how you feel like the 'influence' of violence or threat was there. I imagine it was terrifying.

I never felt that. When I said I was done, he stopped. (and promptly tried to hang himself in the barn, but that's another story). I never had any indication of violence to me, personally. I never felt forced. It was never violent. I was still 8-11, I was raped.

I do have guilt. It's too late at night and my therapist cost too much for me to talk about that right now.

Jesus God. Yes you were still raped :( :(.

Thank you, WS, for being here. I may not post much, but I am here. I appreciate this place to obtain real information, share views, and give hugs..both in sadness and in victory..

That only counts rapes that are reported.

How else could they count? Do you have any evidence that somehow it would be different if they could count unreported rapes?

Correct me if I am wrong (I know you will) but wasn't Jessica Ridgeway's killer 17 when arrested? And then tried as an adult?

Surely we will learn his name Monday once he appears in court........

Fly high, baby girl, fly high......bless your sweet little soul, Jenise

I am so sorry you had to go through that darlin'. I can relate and it does haunt. I understand how you feel like the 'influence' of violence or threat was there. I imagine it was terrifying.

I never felt that. When I said I was done, he stopped. (and promptly tried to hang himself in the barn, but that's another story). I never had any indication of violence to me, personally. I never felt forced. It was never violent. I was still 8-11, I was raped.

I do have guilt. It's too late at night and my therapist cost too much for me to talk about that right now.

I never felt forced in the beginning, I really didn't know better. Later, when it was forced, I blamed myself because I had consented. It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized what consent is and how people take advantage that I realized I hadn't really consented, even though on the surface that's what it looked like. Sucks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

WARNING GRAPHIC

I took this to mean he accidentally killed her while committing his felony rape. The rape likely was premeditated. I believe he lured her into the woods, raped her, and either smothered her trying to make her be quiet, or caused her to aspirate mud.

Sorry. I hate writing that. But that's why I think the 2 charges relating to her death are 2nd degree, and then (lesser included) manslaughter.

BBM. That was exactly my thought when I saw the charges. He meant to kidnap and rape her, but the death was not intended.

Ugh... I hate him for doing this to her.

17 years old is definitely old enough to be charged as an adult. In TX, he would be automatically charged as an adult (Alanna Gallagher case).
I presume it will happen in this case.

I never wanted to be wrong about something more than this outcome.....I just knew it was a teenager, probably someone Jenise knew well and thought she could trust, and I just knew he sexually assaulted her. Too horrible to think about that beautiful little girls terror at the end of her life. Going to go give my precious granddaughter a few more hugs and kisses tonight. I am so heartbroken for everyone that loved Jenise!

Nick McGurk ‏@NickKIRO7 1m

Family spokesperson says #JeniseWright killer could have been family friend Jenise played with often. Family is relieved suspect in custody

https://twitter.com/NickKIRO7

Played with often? A 6 year old played with a 17 year old often? I'm just hoping and praying that she wasn't being abused often.

Poor baby. Never again smiling her beautiful smile :(

Jesus God. Yes you were still raped :( :(.

Yes, I was.

Sorry I derailed the thread.

My point was Jenise was raped and killed. What happened before that doesn't matter. What her parents did, what her siblings did, or what the killer did.

She is NOW dead. HE raped and killed her.

I want to focus on the fault of this young man(17) who thought it was okay to take a 6 year old girl away from her family. Then he raped her, then to hide his crime, he killed, buried and tried to hide his crime.

We need to give the parents a break. Good God, it is SUPER hard to raise kids today in the society we live in. They screwed up, but really, is putting them in jail going to help?

I'm sure his parents are very upset ....Yes I have sympathy for them.. Maybe its time we stopped and took a deep breath.. Just Wow

How else could they count? Do you have any evidence that somehow it would be different if they could count unreported rapes?

Lack of reporting is a huge issue involved in rape. And no I don't have any evidence. Look it up yourself. Or better yet, find a way to listen to the stories of those rape victims who don't fit the "young attractive female" mold. Not that hard to find them.

Played with often? A 6 year old played with a 17 year old often? I'm just hoping and praying that she wasn't being abused often.

Poor baby. Never again smiling her beautiful smile :(

Remember, Jenise has a sibling near the perp's age. She could have tagged along. In confined neighborhoods and families with kids that have a big age rage, children often end up with friends whose ages people not involved in the neighborhood or situation may find inappropriate.

I disagree with your statement about 200% ...but, please. Let's keep this discussion all about little Jenise.
Tia

David Westerfield's rape of Danielle van Damme was not about control and power. He's been watching her out of his bathroom? window for who knows how long. He knew he was going to commit a violent act upon a seven year old little girl. Her parents were raked over the coals because one of them didn't check on Danielle during the night, and of their lifestyle because to save a like Westerfield. I go back and forth between did he think past raping her. The imprint of her little hand on the bedside console was heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babken