Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marking my place so I can find the thread after the suspect's name is released. I'm still hoping to see a couple more arrests but I'm glad the primary monster is out of the community.

From my personal experience, so no actual links, just friends and family in the industry, classes and what I learned while adopting our kids...CPS in Washington's goal is ALWAYS to reunify the family up until the very last second when a judge says that can't happen.

I have no idea what specifically went on in this case, just wanted to explain a little about the actual goal of CPS and why families are sometimes told of upcoming visits, etc.

...after a good night's sleep, I am sorry I said what I said. If mods want to delete my comment that is fine with me. I tried to go back and delete and maybe it's too old.

Maybe nothing could have prevented this. The community will heal, I will forget, but the two families will live with this forever. I am sad for both families, still have mixed emotions but I can only imagine the pain they are going through.

I hope people will realize that....(with the violence and sex mixed together that children and young adults are exposed to today), that as parents it will take more work and coaching/education/and vigilance to protect them.

The Kubler Ross book has helped me before....I recommend it for anyone that has had a loss:

The Kübler-Ross model, or the five stages of grief, is a series of emotional stages experienced when faced with impending death or death of someone. The five stages are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

Will he feel this forgiveness after hearing the details of his child's brutal rape, MOD, and condition of her remains when they were found? kwim?

My thought is that for now, the words are just a way to try to deal with the pain. I imagine this family is in a state of shock with the news that their precious child is dead and has been horribly violated by someone they knew.

I don't, for myself, believe he is anywhere near forgiveness, but I think for the sake of his sanity and for his family, who are probably just reeling with hate right now, he has to test the words and try to bring some sort of calmness to the forefront.

In my opinion, right now, they are just empty words in his struggle to deal with what has happened and keep the rest of his family together and sane.

Just my thoughts and written as a member, not a moderator, so please feel free to disagree.

Salem

I wonder what that means? Can anyone explain what the different courts are used for?

Well, I googled it and found this:

"District Courts are the entry level trial court, and the proper division for civil cases involving less than $10,000, all juvenile matters, and criminal cases involving infractions or misdemeanors. If the parties involved in the case do not object, District Court can conduct civil jury trials, or hear civil matters with more than $10,000 in controversy.
However, Superior Court is the proper division for civil cases involving more than $10,000, as well as all felony criminal cases. Both courts have jurisdiction over cases regardless of the amount of money in controversy." http://www.nccourts.org/Support/FAQs/HTML/_FAQ0000000060.htm

Now that is for NC but I suspect KC courts are likely run the same way (I looked at the courthouse site and couldn't find anything to tell me what the difference is). I'll keep looking though because now I'm curious too.

As far as forgiveness goes I feel like he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in the public's eye. If he forgives the kid people ask why. Could it be that he too was once accused of something and maybe he truly didn't do what he was accused of so he knows how it feels? I mean after all that charge was dropped. On the other hand if he doesn't forgive some may call him a hypocrite and sympathizer.

We all know better parenting skills may have made a difference here but the lack thereof doesn't mean they didn't love their little girl.

No, all charges were NOT dropped. The charge of molestation of the 8 year old girl was not pursued, he received a one year jail sentence for molestation of the 15 year old; the judge allowed him to pay fines instead of serve the time.

CPS allegedly exists for the very purpose of interceding to protect the children. Time and again, CPS/DFACS drops the ball, gives the parents a fifteenth chance, and they only finally decide the parents are unfit/child(ren) are at risk when a child is dead. We've seen it over and over again on Websleuths. It sounds to me like yourself and the community were amazing advocates for the children. So many don't bother to make a single call, to involve themselves at all.

Think Dontrell Melvyn in Florida :(

ETA, I'll apologize for this post because I do not know what happened to Magdalyn's comment or why it came out like this. Took me 4 times to post it . Soz all

I am really tiring of the damned if you do, damned if you don't discussion of dad.

I can't believe he is now being criticized for going to his church and speaking to church members 'too soon'. It is stated the parents keep to themselves. His church members may be some of the only support he has. Many people find comfort and solace within their church during the most difficult times of their lives. Since when is it 'too soon' to go to church and rely on your spirituality during a horrific time??

The statement of forgiveness: I am under the impression that dad's words were being essentially paraphrased by the bishop? Not even a direct quote. I am also under the impression it was stated that he thinks he can forgive the perp. Not that he already has, totally over it, water under the bridge, no big deal. Additionally working toward forgiveness is probably what is encouraged by his bishop and religion. Such an approach would probably also be honored and encouraged in his church community. Those are the kind of words thrown around in church-- forgiveness, acceptance that someone is in heaven, etc. I doubt he would speak to his church community members about how much he wants to beat the living daylights out of the perp.

I am sure this individual was by NO MEANS a perfect parent.. far from it, as it sounds. Nobody really needs to be convinced of that by continued discussion of the lack of proper parenting that went on; I think we are all aware. But a perp has been arrested who has intentionally committed horrific crimes against this girl! I would much rather focus on the arrest and Justice for Jenise!

I just wanted to say that the thanks button wasn't enough. Thank you for your thoughtful post

I feel bad for this community. Someone HAD to be the bad guy, the rapist, the murderer. No matter who it was going to be, it would have been someone's kid, someone's best friend, someone people would find hard to believe that he would do it. This murder will cause massive division IMO.

As far as forgiveness goes I feel like he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in the public's eye. If he forgives the kid people ask why. Could it be that he too was once accused of something and maybe he truly didn't do what he was accused of so he knows how it feels? I mean after all that charge was dropped. On the other hand if he doesn't forgive some may call him a hypocrite and sympathizer.

We all know better parenting skills may have made a difference here but the lack thereof doesn't mean they didn't love their little girl.

I don't think anyone is questioning a parent who comes to a place of forgiveness against the murderer of their child............it's more how quickly he's come to forgiveness. 1 week? Most parents, I would think, would still be in shock, asking "why?", feeling like it's all a nightmare that they'll wake up from and their precious child will walk through the door, that it can't be real.....having to face a new reality of their sweet little happy, social, bubbly girl no longer there. Only one week and he's forgiven the punk who raped and murdered his little baby girl. That's unreal to me.

I feel bad for this community. Someone HAD to be the bad guy, the rapist, the murderer. No matter who it was going to be, it would have been someone's kid, someone's best friend, someone people would find hard to believe. This murder will cause massive division IMO.

It already has (and it's ugly) and once the details come out, its going to get a lot worse. The ripple effect can never be avoided. :(

My thought is that for now, the words are just a way to try to deal with the pain. I imagine this family is in a state of shock with the news that their precious child is dead and has been horribly violated by someone they knew.

I don't, for myself, believe he is anywhere near forgiveness, but I think for the sake of his sanity and for his family, who are probably just reeling with hate right now, he has to test the words and try to bring some sort of calmness to the forefront.

In my opinion, right now, they are just empty words in his struggle to deal with what has happened and keep the rest of his family together and sane.

Just my thoughts and written as a member, not a moderator, so please feel free to disagree.

Salem

Very well stated Salem.

The Kitsap County District Court has jurisdiction over misdemeanors and gross misdemeanor crimes. These crimes carry a maximum penalty of 364 days in jail and/ or a $5,000 fine. The most common criminal charges include Domestic Violence (DV), Assault, and Theft. Criminal Traffic charges like Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants (DUI) and Driving While License Suspended (DWLS) are filed into this Court. Traffic infractions including speeding, license tabs charges and equipment violations are also heard in this Court.

http://www.kitsapgov.com/dc/

Here's a link to the Superior Court but I don't see a jurisdiction paragraph: http://www.kitsapgov.com/sc/general.htm

Looking at the docket - it appears it only reflects "sentencing" cases.

Salem

ETA: It does appear that juvenile court begins at 1:30 p.m. in the Superior Court system - not exactly sure what that means.

I don't think anyone is questioning a parent who comes to a place of forgiveness against the murderer of their child............it's more how quickly he's come to forgiveness. 1 week? Most parents, I would think, would still be in shock, asking "why?", feeling like it's all a nightmare that they'll wake up from and their precious child will walk through the door, that it can't be real.....having to face a new reality of their sweet little happy, social, bubbly girl no longer there. Only one week and he's forgiven the punk who raped and murdered his little baby girl. That's unreal to me.

I re read the article re: forgiveness and he said " he CAN forgive' , not that he had. To me that means he knows the value of forgiveness and hopes to be able to at some point.

ETA http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/teen-suspect-jenise-wrights-death-due-court-monday/ngyzf/

''Jenise's father spoke to the congregation, saying he can forgive the teenager.'''

Well... That answered my question...

change of court location for today's hearing is due to seriousness of charge...

and instead of appearing in video... Accused will appear in person...

:judge:

ShadyLady, I don't think you should feel badly for what you posted at all. My post wasn't to defend CPS, it was to point out what a broken system it is and why things happen the way they do. It doesn't make it right. Maybe the more frustrated we all get, the more change we can demand in the system. :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member