WA WA - Leah Lund (found), 16, & newborn Hazel, Everett, 10 Sept 2015

I'm sorry to say I am confused and could use some help.
Why is it belived Leah was originally pregnant?
Who named the baby Hazel?
Is Leah too addled to be of assistance?

Thanks to any one who can help me better understand.
Leah's sister is a strong advocate for her. I'm so glad for that.

Count me in the confused group too. I've followed from day one, and it has never been reported how it was known to police the baby was a girl and "delivered" between the 10th - 18th. I'm taking a wild guess that police did at least enough fact finding to believe this baby does actually exist, so I'm thinking Leah at some point during her pregnancy had a sonogram done, leading LE to the presumed delivery date and that it was a girl. Or they possibly have an eye witness they are keeping under wraps that saw the baby after it was delivered, although I don't know why they wouldn't disclose an actual sighting of the baby.

Or, they don't know either way and figure having people keeping an eye out for a possibly non-existent missing baby is better than not having people keep an eye open for a possibly existing baby. Know what I'm saying? Maybe they're erring on the side of caution until it can be confirmed. The scamming people for money thing had come to me before, I don't know if I posted in this thread or another (sadly this is not the only case of a drug addicted mother and a missing baby on this forum) but she could have been scamming people who post on Craig's List looking for babies to adopt. They can be an easy mark because they are so desperate to adopt and if they are turning to CL they are likely on one of their last options. I've heard several stories of people who have scammed several people for money for one baby they didn't intend to give up and for babies that didn't even exist, providing fake belly pics and ultrasound pics. There is a whole website that lets you purchase items to fake a pregnancy SMH. A drug addict could hear these stories and find a fairly easy way to make some money for a while.

I'm confused too. I just went back and read links and unless I missed one I don't see anything confirming she had a baby. I am assuming she told people she was pregnant, that's why that was reported, but whether or not it was confirmed is another thing. As for having the baby? I see no proof of that, only that she supposedly gave birth between Sept 10 and 18 I believe and the baby was named Hazel. No idea where that came from. All stories I read just said people had seen her, no one has seen her with a baby and there is no picture of the baby available. I wish they would clear this all up a little, they need to find out if there is actually a baby missing or not.

bbm

Agree. I do think the authorities (what kind of authorities, though? LE? SW's?) are looking into this matter as deeply as possible -- if there is a baby out there, living or dead, there needs to be another search or an arrest warrant. And if a woman -- even a young woman -- says she's pregnant, then you usually accept it as fact if you know the person well enuff to know when she's either kidding or lying. Was she living with her parents during this pregnancy? Did her parents or guardian know? Oh, so many questions for which we don't have an answer. Surely LE or some responsible party knows more than we do.

Does anyone know anything about her home situation? I don't -- did I miss it, or are the PTB just keeping that quiet, too?

Yep, this is an odd one...

I agree. I have a feeling there was no baby. Her facebook makes no mention of a baby, no ultrasound pics or belly pics like so many other teen mothers post.
It may have been a lie that spiraled out of control and that is why she disappeared. I could see a drug addict making up a baby in order to convince someone to give her money.

^^^^
This!

I don't. I hope she enters treatment for her drug addiction, gets clean, stays that way, and remains a productive member of society for the next 70 years. 16 is way too young to throw in the towel.

I agree. 16 and already an addict. She has a story of her own that we don't know. I am so different from who I was at 16. I assume that her life leading up to drug use/ addiction/pregnancy/birth was enough trauma to follow her around forever. She was never given a chance. I hope she gets the help she needs and deserves.

Thanks for these posts, Helpful and Pittie_mcclure. I agree and hope this girl can get the help she needs.

We do not know what Leah is telling LE, if anything, about the baby. I tend to agree with those who speculate that there was never a baby Hazel. There is nothing on her FB page to suggest that a baby was on the way, just lots of photos of herself.

I live in IN and in late Sept. an infant was found abandoned at a church a few miles from my house. The abandoned baby was a full term little boy less than 12 hours old and left in the parking lot. LE still have not been able to identify the boys mother. Despite the fact that this baby is male and Leah reportedly gave birth to a girl, the chance she could have or would have travelled all the way to IN, given birth, and then travelled all the way back to WA. is next to impossible. However, it does make me question what makes LE so sure Leah's baby is a girl!?!? If no one has seen the baby then it is possible that she lied about the sex of the baby in order to throw everyone off. Could she have sold the baby or given it away, but in an attempt to keep anyone from being suspicious of whoever has the baby lied about the sex?..........This is just a random theory that I thought of and I am not even convinced that she was ever pregnant to begin with! http://m.wlky.com/news/north-vernon...-mother-who-left-newborn-near-church/35471318

I am currently 39 weeks pregnant, and there has never been one mention on any of my social media accounts. Some people just don't. Doesn't mean that there isn't a baby. For me I am just quite a private person and don't really use it so much.
This girl maybe was too wrapped up in drugs to actually properly register and accept her pregnancy. If she had not been receiving regular medical care then to me, hopefully she was not pregnant. This baby might have been an attention thing, or to try keep a boyfriend etc... If this is the case then I really hope the poor young girl can get all the help needed. Hopefully she can turn her life around.

However if there is a baby, and this baby is suffering drug withdrawals, or she has simply abandoned it without leaving it where she can be found then police need to find out and she needs to face the consequences! She's 16 years old but in my option on that's old enough to know you don't kill/dump/abandon babies.

http://www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs....edical-help-had-tough-past&template=MobileArt

I don't know if the link will work since I'm on my phone, but this article from the Herald really makes me feel bad for Leah.

Thanks for the article Merry. Still no mention of what leads LE to believe this girl was ever pregnant or that she had actually given birth. Considering she's been missing from the family home for more than a year, I'm going to rescind my theory about an earlier sonogram. I'm also going to hope there really is no baby that's been born into this situation, and that was just a con for sympathy/money she was running on family members. I hope Leah is able to get the help she needs to straighten her life out.

Is this her first baby? Where are her parents? How do you let your kid get this messed up without intervening? How do you let your 15 year old move out of the house and not see her for a year without reporting her missing, not locating her?

She is such a pretty girl. Something really bad happened to her early in her life. It takes a whole lot of 'messed up' moments to become a heroin addict at 15.

I pray that the baby was a scam and that she gets help.

I wonder if there was no baby, would we even be told.

I wonder if there was no baby, would we even be told.

Probably not. There was another thread earlier in the summer about a woman in her 40s with a chronic disease who was allegedly 9 months pregnant. She went missing and was found alive without a baby or a pregnant belly. The family was not very specific, but by the tone of the response, the baby probably never existed. Or died much earlier in pregnancy, but denial.

If the media was not able to be that specific in the case of a grown woman, I imagine that they will not reveal if the baby actually never existed when it comes to a 16 year old drug-addicted girl.

Oh my goodness I just read this. Tried her Facebook but it's gone. This case just disappeared.... no follow ups or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A story of her catfishing was just on MTV tonight. Interesting.

A story of her catfishing was just on MTV tonight. Interesting.
My daughter watched that too and asked me if I'd heard about this case and if the "baby" was ever found.
IMHO, I don't believe she was ever pregnant.

Update: Leah Marie Lund’s Baby Baby Hazel Not Found, Snohomish County, Washington
Leah Marie Lund was a 16-year-old girl who went missing in 2015. She was pregnant and was a known heroin addict who had been in and out of facilities. She was later found and booked into a Denney Juvenile Justice Center but her baby, Baby Hazel was never found.
She has not been charged with any crime but still faced a number of court hearing days after she was found.
She came from a very troubled home with an abusive father.
The girl had to be placed under the care of CPS, and an order was imposed on her father to keep him away from the Everett home Leah was staying.
He once showed up at the home and this, it seemed, led Leah to flee while she was expecting a baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tempo111
Back