WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. Another long day. Did 2 searches. I nearly only did one because my feet were killing me. After about an hour of rest i was able to do a second though. Didn't take any pictures today.

Thanks to everyone @ the LRC, Klaas & the volunteers. We covered a lot of ground.

OMG.. you complain to much!

You should have asked Breanna for a foot rub. lol

I'm new to this forum, cyberswept told me about it Friday.

It's easy to do in McCleary. My sisters kids ran around town alone when they were Lindsey's age, even before. They are in their 40's now....It was the norm...I mentioned this to cyberswept and when I got home my wife reminded me that some of my grandchildren did too. The oldest is 17 and youngest 12....It was the norm.

I'm assuming cyberswept means me...we were on the same team Friday. I started as a reserve in 1976 and as far as I know nothing like this has happened. I guess it's not safe anymore...

DD

Welcome Dog Driver.. I remember you. Again, thank you for your time helping us. :)

Hey! I didn't sign up for that. I said I would buy him a beer. And that's it :)

LOL.

I never ever want to see another stapler, blue ink pen or triplicate copy forms in my entire life. What about you?

Sorry to be so terribly OT...but we were all discussing this case this weekend at the center. That little 2 mo old baby boy in Whatcom county? Bellingham? He was found dead :(

It's here on WS. I'm sick....again. :sick:

Sorry to be so terribly OT...but we were all discussing this case this weekend at the center. That little 2 mo old baby boy in Whatcom county? Bellingham? He was found dead :(

It's here on WS. I'm sick....again. :sick:

I was just getting ready to go find out about this.

Dammit!

(we called it though.. look who was arrested in connection. Sick *advertiser censored*)

Welcome Dog Driver.. I remember you. Again, thank you for your time helping us. :)

You are welcome.......I would say I enjoyed it, but I didn't.....Oh I enjoyed meeting and talking to all the people I met. I enjoyed as always the time outdoors...(I needed the exercise too)... What I didn't Like was why we were there....

Please let me know if there are any other searches in the near future....Family obligations kept me from being as involved with this one as I wanted to be.

DD

You are welcome.......I would say I enjoyed it, but I didn't.....Oh I enjoyed meeting and talking to all the people I met. I enjoyed as always the time outdoors...(I needed the exercise too)... What I didn't Like was why we were there....

Please let me know if there are any other searches in the near future....Family obligations kept me from being as involved with this one as I wanted to be.

DD

I understand what you mean. We all felt the same way.

As I heard so many times this weekend....we hope we can all get together again under better circumstances. If Lindsey is found alive and well, we're gonna have a party. A huge one.

We got email addys and phone numbers tonight. I'll do my best to let everyone here and elsewhere know when it happens. JVK and Jen have the contact info also.

Thanks again so much for being there.

DD

I know exactly what you mean. I'm thrilled that I've met the people I've met this weekend. I just wish I wouldn't have had to meet them under these circumstances. But it's nice to know that so many care about this little girl.

If you go to http://www.findlindseybaum.com/ and send an email saying you'd like to be notified of future searches they will add you to their mailing list.

Right now we are working on getting one together in 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm new to this forum, cyberswept told me about it Friday.

It's easy to do in McCleary. My sisters kids ran around town alone when they were Lindsey's age, even before. They are in their 40's now....It was the norm...I mentioned this to cyberswept and when I got home my wife reminded me that some of my grandchildren did too. The oldest is 17 and youngest 12....It was the norm.

I'm assuming cyberswept means me...we were on the same team Friday. I started as a reserve in 1976 and as far as I know nothing like this has happened. I guess it's not safe anymore...

DD
Welcome to WS, Dog Driver! I am glad Cyber invited you to join us. :)

It is small town life as it used to be. I remember only having to check in and be home before dark. Things have definitely changed in today's world, sad to say.

Thanks for going out and searching for her. We appreciate you, too!! :)

Hi all, I have learned so much the last three days. My opinion of small towns and rural areas has taken a nosedive while my opinion of humanity in general has soared.

The area around McCleary is some of the most beautiful countryside I've seen. Groves of swordtail ferns situated under moss draped trees. Just beautiful and yet at every turn people have dumped their garbage. Everywhere. Twenty miles back a dirt road. And I had to go through it. I'm sorry, I don't buy the high cost of garbage collection and drop off as an excuse. And the small town of McCleary needed to turn out big time for this event. Isn't that what small towns are all about? They didn't.

Which brings me to my elevated opinion of humanity. People did show up. All kinds of people. People who just heard about it in the news. The old, the young, the rich, the poor. From the larger metropolitan areas for the most part. Good people every one. I am warmed by their show of support.

One small clarification. I have met some extremely nice people from McCleary too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti