WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it, but whenever there is a big break in a high profile case, the media falls all over itself trying to get the fastest story...fastest, not necessarily the most accurate. In a couple of days, all the news reports should be saying the same thing.

What they seem to be saying in all of them is that so and so is or was a POI, but they do not have a suspect, regardless of the status of POI. At this point, he is only an interesting person, not a suspected killer, kidnapper, or rapist. Why they can't come out and say this, I don't know.

Can't help but think LE got their goal met - everyone is now aware of his past behavior, his loud car, where he works (camp and Beehive), where he lives, who he is and etc etc. I'm not sure I care what Dale Golder is called - it's important that this very disturbed man is broadcast to all those in McCleary and to the young ones at the camp and to the places he worked. Who knows what one might remember. Even if Dale Golder isn't guilty in the Lindsey case, he has enough dysfunctional behavior (psychopathic) to warrant looking in to; it would shock me if he didn't have past victims. Sorry, I'm not going to call him 'fish', there are too many people out there who want his name to disappear and all I want to do it scream it loud and clear. I'm stubborn that way. mho

It says "this website is coming soon." what did I do wrong?

Nothing lol
Christine just has a severe case of CRS--that was from a VERY old post, not the new one where it says "NEW CHAT SERVER" right on top of the chat forum....heheheeheheh Chat link can be found there the server is serenity.

Here are the snaps from way back:

i don't know what i'm doing wrong. when i click on any thumbnails that are posted here, all i get is a black screen *sigh*

i'm losing track of all the camps that have been talked about here. *sigh*

great sleuthing last night everyone! i hate it that i'm usually sleeping when everyone else is here!

I am wondering if we should sleuth more outward from the people involved with this case, and see if there are connections to LB whether through family or friends of people of interest. Just a thought that crossed my mind.

i don't know what i'm doing wrong. when i click on any thumbnails that are posted here, all i get is a black screen *sigh*

i'm losing track of all the camps that have been talked about here. *sigh*

great sleuthing last night everyone! i hate it that i'm usually sleeping when everyone else is here!
dragonfly, it probably isn't anything you're doing wrong; you need to have a certain number of posts before you can see images posted here. I thought that magic number was around 50(ish), but apparently :waitasec: it is higher than your 64!

It's an easy fix, though: just go to the 'games' thread, where you'll find some really quick and easy ways to bump up your post count in a hurry. It's legal, and fun, too.

Can't help but think LE got their goal met - everyone is now aware of his past behavior, his loud car, where he works (camp and Beehive), where he lives, who he is and etc etc. I'm not sure I care what Dale Golder is called - it's important that this very disturbed man is broadcast to all those in McCleary and to the young ones at the camp and to the places he worked. Who knows what one might remember. Even if Dale Golder isn't guilty in the Lindsey case, he has enough dysfunctional behavior (psychopathic) to warrant looking in to; it would shock me if he didn't have past victims. Sorry, I'm not going to call him 'fish', there are too many people out there who want his name to disappear and all I want to do it scream it loud and clear. I'm stubborn that way. mho
Thanks Eyes, You took the words right out of my mouth xox

Can someone post the search info (time, date) which happened yesterday in the Astro thread?

I hope I don't get shot down for this...but here goes.
While Dale Golder and details are very appealing as the #1 perp of interest.. (and still my #1 suspect), there is no smoking gun as of yet. I can say, based on viewing his myspace and prior history disclosed...I do think this kid is a piece of S&%@ and I believe he is a sexual offender. He may, in fact be found guilty. But to remain objective, without the smoking gun yet, I have to say that MB also should remain a suspect. I don't see any proof of evidence that she is cleared 100%. There may be someone else responsible as well. I will say that it bothers me alot to see MB's myspace (for the first time today) advertising for a new man in her life, to try new things, to find some distractions, per doctors order. It just didn't sit well with me. If I even bothered to maintain a Myspace while my child was missing...it would be purely for searching for clues to my daughters disappearance. I wouldn't have time or interest in meeting a man, trying new things or looking for distractions...I would be too busy scouring the forests for her. But that's just me. Missing late in June, and advertising myself for new fun and a new man in August? Is it just poor judgement or something else? I could run with theories based on why she would prefer to be childless post divorce. Just sayin'. It does not make her guilty, I don't want to victimize the innocent, but to be fair..focusing only on Dale Golder could turn out to be the same....until more is known. I say keep sleuthing for more info and clues, but keep an open mind. If innocent, MB should at least use better judgement...it appears her priorities are a bit skewed, which may lead one to think she could be culpable. Please go easy on me..:eek:

IMG00251-20091002-1052.jpg

While Dale Golder and details are very appealing as the #1 perp of interest.. (and still my #1 suspect), there is no smoking gun as of yet. I can say, based on viewing his myspace and prior history disclosed...I do think this kid is a piece of S&%@ and I believe he is a sexual offender. He may, in fact be found guilty. But to remain objective, without the smoking gun yet, I have to say that MB also should remain a suspect. I don't see any proof of evidence that she is cleared 100%. There may be someone else responsible as well. I will say that it bothers me alot to see MB's myspace (for the first time today) advertising for a new man in her life, to try new things, to find some distractions, per doctors order. It just didn't sit well with me. If I even bothered to maintain a Myspace while my child was missing...it would be purely for searching for clues to my daughters disappearance. I wouldn't have time or interest in meeting a man, trying new things or looking for distractions...I would be too busy scouring the forests for her. But that's just me. Missing late in June, and advertising myself for new fun and a new man in August? Is it just poor judgement or something else? I could run with theories based on why she would prefer to be childless post divorce. Just sayin'. It does not make her guilty, I don't want to victimize the innocent, but to be fair..focusing only on Dale Golder could turn out to be the same....until more is known. I say keep sleuthing for more info and clues, but keep an open mind. If innocent, MB should at least use better judgement...it appears her priorities are a bit skewed, which may lead one to think she could be culpable. Please go easy on me..:eek:

I'll bite, but not you! LOL

I have never considered the thought of her being involved in Lindsey's disappearance, and probably because she is said to have passed a LDT. I've read posters who have been critical of her and wished she'd not change her stories but I've never seen that. I don't think she has been quoted much at all, so this info has come mainly from a friend who is close to her. Yes, a friend. I have also read she is bi-polar which might make her more moody, but I don't know. I have also read LE decided to keep the tape up at the doorway to Lindsey's room and MB decided to leave it up as it still is. That would be so very difficult to look at every day.

I don't think anyone has actually been cleared by LE in the case, right? Officially, I mean. xox

I have never considered the thought of her being involved in Lindsey's disappearance, and probably because she is said to have passed a LDT. I've read posters who have been critical of her and wished she'd not change her stories but I've never seen that. I don't think she has been quoted much at all, so this info has come mainly from a friend who is close to her. Yes, a friend. I have also read she is bi-polar which might make her more moody, but I don't know. I have also read LE decided to keep the tape up at the doorway to Lindsey's room and MB decided to leave it up as it still is. That would be so very difficult to look at every day.

I don't think anyone has actually been cleared by LE in the case, right? Officially, I mean. xox
I would say there is no one guilty until some form of smoking gun is produced.. and no one is cleared without absolute proof of alibi. It would be foolish to let anyone else of the hook just because one POI looks to be a perfect fit for the crime. No smoking gun yet.

I have to agree with you Lizzy. I realize we have a person of interest but feel there is a need to not only focus on him but others that might surround him such as friends are also possibilities. I know that might make a few a little uneasy but who would know him the best are his friends that surround him. Who would know lindsey the best are the friends that surrounded her. As we have seen with MB, ML KK and MM there can be many challenges in a relationship to put it lightly. I still haven't taken MB MM, ML, DG nor KK suspect cause I still would need proof to believe. Until then they are still on the list. I often wonder if their wasn't more then one person involved in LB missing. I realize this is a small town but sure makes one think.

I agree that MB ought not be "cleared" of suspect status just yet.

Yesterday I read elsewhere where MM (MB's BFF) said that MB's car was in fact working on the night Lindsey disappeared. MM said that the problem with MB's car, at the time, was that the key had broken off in the ignition, and supposedly it wouldn't start it because of that. This issue came up when the recently published search warrant spoke of MB's being followed (while in her car) by the POI (in his).

FWIW, the key to my car is broken off in the ignition, too, and the only way I can start it is with the other half of that same broken key. It starts and runs just fine like that. Also, it is very easy to start such a car using a common flathead screwdriver, which I have also had to do.

I don't know that I believe MB drove Lindsey somewhere in her car that night, but I am concerned that she apparently did lie about not being able to drive her car all this time.

It wouldn't be helpful in finding Lindsey in any way to lose objectiveness. I see that two "camps" seem to be forming with the new POI in the limelight... Those that are defending Golder, and those that in response, want to hang him now. I think it would be wise to remain in the "camp" with an open mind and looks at all sides and possibilities, rather than joining in the opposition.

I would say there is no one guilty until some form of smoking gun is produced.. and no one is cleared without absolute proof of alibi. It would be foolish to let anyone else of the hook just because one POI looks to be a perfect fit for the crime. No smoking gun yet.

I do agree with you Lizzy, even tho LE is known historically to keep certain pieces of info learned away from the public. Whatever best serves the investigation. When I read that article saying there was no smoking gun I just smiled to myself thinking if there is a smoking gun it could be best to hold that close to the vest temporarily till they are ready to make an arrest.

LE has mentioned nothing about info they might have gleaned from Lindsey's computers. Realizing the FBI hauncho who was put in charge of Lindsey's case was a computer guru I would think they made a connection to DG right away under his NIK or AW. So there was good cause to make the connection between Lindsey and DG knowing each other besides the fact he worked at the Beehive and the employees there knew her as she had a friend whose mom worked there.

What they might need is the other half of the equation to match Lindsey's MS, and if it pans out, that could be a smoking gun IMO, the connection linking her to him when you consider everything else they have on him.

I do agree with you Lizzy, even tho LE is known historically to keep certain pieces of info learned away from the public. Whatever best serves the investigation. When I read that article saying there was no smoking gun I just smiled to myself thinking if there is a smoking gun it could be best to hold that close to the vest temporarily till they are ready to make an arrest.

LE has mentioned nothing about info they might have gleaned from Lindsey's computers. Realizing the FBI hauncho who was put in charge of Lindsey's case was a computer guru I would think they made a connection to DG right away under his NIK or AW. So there was good cause to make the connection between Lindsey and DG knowing each other besides the fact he worked at the Beehive and the employees there knew her as she had a friend whose mom worked there.

What they might need is the other half of the equation to match Lindsey's MS, and if it pans out, that could be a smoking gun IMO, the connection linking her to him when you consider everything else they have on him.
Exactly... he's the perfect perp on paper...just waiting to see a definite link, or not. Meanwhile, all are suspect.

I agree that MB ought not be "cleared" of suspect status just yet.

Yesterday I read elsewhere where MM (MB's BFF) said that MB's car was in fact working on the night Lindsey disappeared. MM said that the problem with MB's car, at the time, was that the key had broken off in the ignition, and supposedly it wouldn't start it because of that. This issue came up when the recently published search warrant spoke of MB's being followed (while in her car) by the POI (in his).

FWIW, the key to my car is broken off in the ignition, too, and the only way I can start it is with the other half of that same broken key. It starts and runs just fine like that. Also, it is very easy to start such a car using a common flathead screwdriver, which I have also had to do.

I don't know that I believe MB drove Lindsey somewhere in her car that night, but I am concerned that she apparently did lie about not being able to drive her car all this time.

I thought MM posted the opposite of what you are saying, that indeed MB's car was not working that night. Her car has been repaired since that time.

The person trying to twist this fact is DD.

I thought MM posted the opposite of what you are saying, that indeed MB's car was not working that night. Her car has been repaired since that time.

The person trying to twist this fact is DD.
From either party...it is still hearsay. No proof exists of either way that I am aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592