WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTIONS for LOCALS:
Now I'd love to know where someone goes drinking around 9pm or after in McCleary unless they are at the Roundup, and that is a restaurant that just has a bar. No taverns?

Also, is Libby's house in between Main St and 3rd? I saw a map with her address placed on the east side of Main St. If so, what is between their house and 3rd St? I'm thinking if Lindsey got that far or was even running, she could have ducked into their backyard and headed across 3rd to the parking lot or bridge area. Just thinking, but I don't know why I have this feeling that is where she was finally confronted by the perp in his car. xox

Last question. Is there no no way to get to Old Sand Creek Rd from the SW corner of McCleary in the area where Oak St is? No underpass going under Hwy 8? And so the only way to get there is go down 3rd to Mox Chehalis Rd, cut over on Foreman Rd to the juncture with Old Sand Creek Rd. If so that whole area is very rural with extremely limited access. It might even take a small miracle to have some one see someone going or coming in that whole area as darkness sets in. I'm thinking of Bobbcat who lives up off Old Sand Creek Rd on Overlake Lane who says Lindsey is buried in his backyard, 1/4 mile from the searches on Foreman Rd.

The only place to drink in town is Rounders, unless you have your own alcohol and drink it wherever you want...or you could still buy beer at the shell station on third.

I'm unsure as the the location of the house you were asking about...

And the only way to get to Sand Creek Rd is to go the long way around by way of Mox Chehalis...unless you're on foot and decide to run across the freeway.

Thanks so much for that McCleary, The Nelson house is in the S 200 block of Main St with an odd # at the end. Realizing that Jim Mullin's address was 220 S 6th St and he was on the E side of 6th I guess that would mean the Nelsons live on the W side of Main.

Well, at least that says that if Lindsey walked down Fir to Main from 6th St she would come out right at Libby's. It seems a bit COINKYDINK to me as Kara said she went to Libby's right away to see if Lindsey was there. Also might give reason to LE searching the Mullin house 6x's as it would be where she turned E on Fir. I would bet LE had talked to Kara and she mentioned Libby's to them where the girls had been swiming earlier in the evening.

I think they started searching JM's property the day after she went missing as within a couple of days they were going back on their 6th search acc to an article. xox

PS: Months ago I read Lindsey had a friend who lived on Maple where she had stopped to spend the night. Did anyone nail that one down? I think they got the street wrong IMO

Also, is Libby's house in between Main St and 3rd? I saw a map with her address placed on the east side of Main St. If so, what is between their house and 3rd St? I'm thinking if Lindsey got that far or was even running, she could have ducked into their backyard and headed across 3rd to the parking lot or bridge area. Just thinking, but I don't know why I have this feeling that is where she was finally confronted by the perp in his car. xox

OK, out to get a pint of chocolate Haagen Dazs :angel: LOL

Sorry this got so long.

Scandi,
Mmmm Haagen Dazs!

I believe Libby's house is the one in this picture I circled in yellow.

Attachments

• McCleary.jpg
    McCleary.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 16
I am bringing this over from the dream thread so more people might see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff
It could be, but I'm not recognizing it from that angle. In my head, I'm in back of the building or maybe on the right side.

Is this the garage at the end of 10th St / W Simpson Alley? I get a creepy vibe from that one in JVK's photos. Especially this one:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary/McCleary-640/DSCF2070.jpg

What is making that bright reflection on the left?

I just looked at that picture again and I wonder if the "bright reflection" is water or steam. Why all the orange cones? Is there a hole in the ground there?

LOCALS - Anyone able to go check this out?

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary/McCleary-800/DSCF2077.jpg

Thanks so much for that McCleary, The Nelson house is in the S 200 block of Main St with an odd # at the end. Realizing that Jim Mullin's address was 220 S 6th St and he was on the E side of 6th I guess that would mean the Nelsons live on the W side of Main.

Well, at least that says that if Lindsey walked down Fir to Main from 6th St she would come out right at Libby's. It seems a bit COINKYDINK to me as Kara said she went to Libby's right away to see if Lindsey was there. Also might give reason to LE searching the Mullin house 6x's as it would be where she turned E on Fir. I would bet LE had talked to Kara and she mentioned Libby's to them where the girls had been swiming earlier in the evening.

I think they started searching JM's property the day after she went missing as within a couple of days they were going back on their 6th search acc to an article. xox

PS: Months ago I read Lindsey had a friend who lived on Maple where she had stopped to spend the night. Did anyone nail that one down? I think they got the street wrong IMO

Do we know for sure Lindsey was swimming at Libby's earlier in the evening?
Did you or someone else say LN was working that night? And BF was out drinking?

Do you think it's possible LB and MK might have planned to sneak out later and go back to Libby's to swim - maybe knowing Mom was working and bf was out?

I seriously think the answer is somewhere between Kara's and Libby's.

Scandi,
Mmmm Haagen Dazs!

I believe Libby's house is the one in this picture I circled in yellow.

Thanks Jules, Looks like it too from the photos I think Jvk took of the house. It looks like Maple St to the left and Fir off to the right. So she would have turned left on Main St.

If a car were to corner her what kind of a spot do you think he would choose? Too many eyes around Libby's house, don't you think, even at dusk. I guess that is why I think she made it almost to the bridge running after she crossed 3rd St. And that means she could have crossed 3rd at an angle S of the Shell station which is why she wasn't seen on video there. Not much traffic I don't think coming into or going out of town at that time on a Fri nite in McCleary.

Gosh, just supposition and all over the place I know. Thanks for your Map Jules. You are a peach :blowkiss:

PS: I know, pretty odd to think she could have been taken right behind the police station. But it is not always manned. I have even called during the day {once} and the duty cop George was gone acc to the dispatcher.

Do we know for sure Lindsey was swimming at Libby's earlier in the evening?
Did you or someone else say LN was working that night? And BF was out drinking?

Do you think it's possible LB and MK might have planned to sneak out later and go back to Libby's to swim - maybe knowing Mom was working and bf was out?

I seriously think the answer is somewhere between Kara's and Libby's.

From all that I have read, which really is quite a bit on many sites, I would say in order, yes, yes and yes.

Either the SW or the Affidavit mentioned a two piece unmatched bathing suit they were looking for. That implies she had it with or on her person, right? Yes, I have often thought she wore it under her clothes to walk to Kara's and also think it is very possible Lindsey and MK pklanned to sneak out for another swim. For one thing, it is said possibly Libby's niece was at a sleepover. They probably knew Libby was working - have read she was there till about or at least 10:30 {not verified} and maybe thought the hubby would be passed out by then. lol just sayin'. xox

Chuck, didn't the Affidavit say DG really left work twice to go following MB's car, on 2 occasions? That is really something, leaving work to do that, don't you think.

Tailing a car. Hmmmm Could be this was a normal activity for DG. And then way before this Lindsey said a white car was following her :waitasec: Maybe not so much COINKYDINK and goes to the profile of the perp, one who would stoop to follow people to find out what he wanted to know.

Oh, BTW, I was so tickled on Wed nite's Criminal Minds show. I guessed the perp was a taxidermist right out of the box. Yeppers, he was. Maybe it was too easy. :D:D:D

Perhaps DG suspected LB of stealing parts from his car ... paranoid delusion ... and took matters into his own hands?

Also, taxidermist? That gets under the cab driver's skin .... :crazy:

More ramblings:
  • LB's MySpace entry on Friday, May 29, 8:48 am:
    "I've been getting a lot of nightmares lately and I have a bad feeling that something bads gonna happen"
  • LB disappears on Friday, June 26, 2009, between 9:15 pm and 10:00 pm
  • What relation is there between Friday(s) and the perp?
  • Was the perp observing or stalking LB on Friday(s)?
  • Perhaps Friday(s) during the 3 - 4 weeks before LB's disappearance?
I believe our subconscious functions separately from our main 'being'.

Case in point:

During having driven for longer than 15 hours straight with a minivan-load of passengers, I began to nod off now and again until eventually that morphed into more than just nodding off. I fell almost completely asleep multiple times while I was driving the vehicle, and each time ....

I felt my head fall towards my chest, my eyes close and I felt myself slip into the sleep state ... then suddenly my arms and hands on the steering wheel would shimmy-steer the wheel in quick, short motions: left - right - left - right - etc etc., but it felt 'separate' from myself, as I was not consciously performing the action. Each time, I awoke and the shimmy motions would stop.

It freaked out my wife, too. Not so much that I was falling asleep .. she was next to me ready to awaken me if necessary. It was the shimmying motions that spooked her. They would begin even before she had a chance to move towards me to nudge me awake.

She witnessed that I had fallen asleep before each shimmy episode ... she told me, "it looked like somone other than you was steering!".

That was my subconscious kicking in, reacting, saving our lives. Simply, a basic instinct: self-preservation.

I believe LB's subconscious was attempting to warn her. Something wasn't 'right'. During those few weeks LB's subsonscious may have been working overtime.

Who or what did she subconsciously 'see' in the periphery? What was it that caused her subconscious 'self-preservation' instinct to kick in ... and make her type that comment on MySpace .. at *that* moment?

We need to know:
  • Was LB to go to the / a pool on May 29?
  • Was it the same pool as LN's?
  • Who else was to attend? To chaperone?
  • Who has line-of-sight view of the pool from the surrounding area?
  • Who could observe the pool and not be noticed?
  • Or .. not it be given a second thought the person was observing?
If it's the latter of those points, in my mind that would narrow the possibilities.

What goes through a child's mind, walking home alone after having had a [fun!] sleepover the previous night and having anticpiated another [fun!] sleepover at MKs house that evening, only to have that anticipation squelched?

Maybe LB decided to take one last dip ['trouble-maker' fun!] before returning home that evening, since it was 30 minutes before curfew?

Were whichever pool / house / surrounding properties thoroughly searched? Under the pool lining? Shed? Garage attic?

Is the solution always the simplest?

The way Friday nights stood out - also made me wonder about pizza deliveries from a nearby town.

Some of the pizza franchises in larger towns will offer deliveries to nearby small towns on a Friday or Saturday night. What if someone pretending to be pizza delivery stopped to ask Lindsey for directions? (the addresses on Maple street can be confusing)

The way Friday nights stood out - also made me wonder about pizza deliveries from a nearby town.

Some of the pizza franchises in larger towns will offer deliveries to nearby small towns on a Friday or Saturday night. What if someone pretending to be pizza delivery stopped to ask Lindsey for directions? (the addresses on Maple street can be confusing)

What did the swim party eat during that and the previous evening(s)?
We might expect LE did vet any delivery persons.

I wonder if the '8 to 12' POIs included SOs in the immediate and surrounding area?

Still here, little Lindsey, still watching, waiting, struggling with lost hopes, wishes, dangling lines that lead to nowhere. Still here, little Lindsey...

What do we know about Libby's household? I have heard reference to her niece, is that who Lindsey was friends with? I see another female listed at that residence who is 25 yo and has a completely different name.

Something else has been bothering me for awhile. LB's best friend MK has a second myspace acct that she has been using since after Lindsey disappeared. Awhile back she wrote on her mood "i hate my brp" - I wondered at that time if it was a typo and was supposed to say "bro" as in brother. When I look today I see her mood on 10/28 says "he is awesome" mood "loved", and in her blurbs section about who I would like to meet it says "i alredy met somone i looket in is eyes and i knew he was the one". I guess I am just wondering who is this person she met who she knows is the one, who is awesome, and loves her? Is that odd for a girl her age? Could be absolutely nothing, but could also be someone worth checking out. If I were her parents I would be all over that.

Also, what has been done to try to identify this person in a white car who offered to let the girls drive. Is that rumor, or been verified?

Dear Websleuths Members,

Please DO NOT POST JUVENILE COURT RECORDS.

Even though certain records are available on line we do not post information on juveniles. It is our rule and we are going to continue to enforce it.

I know no one meant any harm and you probably thought since you could get the info online you could use it.

If you ever come across something like this again please contact myself or another moderator before you post a juveniles personal information that leads to the identity of the child.

You guys are all doing a GREAT job and I don't meant to come on this thread only to shake my finger at you all.

Please know that your work and dedication to Lindsey is greatly appreciated by so many including myself.

Do not stop what you are doing. Keep sleuthing and keep praying for Lindsey.

Tricia

At this point I, once again:crazy: have nothing left to post on this case. There's been nothing new from LE and to date, no perp has yet turned his/her self in to the McCleary PD and most important, LB has not shown up in McCleary to hug her mother.

I think I'll let frustration win this time. LE is not offering additional clues and the restrictions in place here (which I understand completely) limit somes avenues we might pursue so it's time for me to decompress and watch and wait, like many others seemingly are doing.

Baum family, GodSpeed.

What do we know about Libby's household? I have heard reference to her niece, is that who Lindsey was friends with? I see another female listed at that residence who is 25 yo and has a completely different name.

Hi Jules, I always tought she was Libby's daughter but have read several places lately it is her niece. I have read nothing about the 25 yr old. xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv