WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man accused of luring girl on Grays Harbor bus

Aberdeen police arrested a man accused of repeatedly trying to touch an 8-year-old girl and asking her to come with him as she rode a Grays Harbor Transit bus with her brother.

Capt. John Green told KXRO that surveillance video shows the man talking with the girl until an acquaintance intervened and told him to leave.

It happened Dec. 2 and wasn't reported until later. The 36-year-old man was arrested on unrelated warrants.

Deputy Prosecutor Craig Newman says the man will face an attempted kidnapping charge when he appears Feb. 8 in superior court.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2011/01/26/1520720/man-accused-of-luring-girl-on.html#ixzz1CC3bUDXd

Aberdeen is about a half hour away from McCleary, same county.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...7924643317974326787.00048ba1055917bff1705&z=9

I created the above map back in July 2010.
Any tidbits about this investigation anyone can post please do.
I am hoping they release the bus video.

A description of the 36 year old is what i really like to know.

Google maps is not working correctly.
the above link may or may not work

the map in question is this one.
Directions to 353 South Shore Road, Quinault, WA 98575 (Grays Harbor County Sheriff)

There is currently a 36 year old man in Grays Harbor County Jail in on kidnapping 2. He hasn't been publicly named yet in the media or by police as far as I can see. Nor do I see any photos of him available yet.

His Superior Court date on attempted kidnapping is Feb. 8th. He does already have a criminal record.

I myself still wonder about people like DG.

Lindsey disappeared June 26 2009 on a Friday evening. It was still light out. A good thing to know about McCleary is that even though it is a small town, there is a lot of traffic passing by and sometimes through as folks drive to and from the coast. The Washington state coast is a popular vacation destination.

People traveling to and from the coast are in town for things like the restroom at the park, a grocery store, gas station, restaurants, bar, liquor store, post office. Traffic picks up quite a bit during the summer.

So there was more opportunity for a stranger to grab Lindsey. But I still wonder if it was someone local.

I heard Lindsey's case was on TV last night? I didn't see it though. Anyone out there catch it? Or did everyone lose Lindsey's forum when we moved it to a spotlighted spot? :innocent:

Kimster,

I haven't been able to find anything online to link it.. but I watched Q13 Fox News last night.

It was a quick blurb about a British musician who has released a Youtube video of a song he wrote for Lindsey. His name is Nigel Graham (I believe that is the proper spelling) but I can't find the video. Only other videos he's done for Madeleine McCann

Kimster,

I haven't been able to find anything online to link it.. but I watched Q13 Fox News last night.

It was a quick blurb about a British musician who has released a Youtube video of a song he wrote for Lindsey. His name is Nigel Graham (I believe that is the proper spelling) but I can't find the video. Only other videos he's done for Madeleine McCann

Oh! I hope it gets uploaded! I want to hear it!

I pass fliers for Lindsey nearly every day in Olympia, and it looks as if they are being rotated and kept bright. It is nice to know people are still keeping faith alive. Thank you all for all you do!

I know this discussion has been going on for a while now, but I had a thought about this case and didn’t know where else to post it. I just joined this forum, and this is one of the cases that has been bothering me. Although I now live out of state, I’m from Olympia, which is about half an hour from McLeary. This comment is going to sound unrelated to Lindsey, but please bear with me, because I have something I am trying to get at.

I still lived in Olympia when Adre’anna Jackson went missing in Lakewood and Zina Linnik was murdered in Tacoma. I’ve always been disturbed about the Adre’anna Jackson case because, as far as I know, it was never solved. I suspected a link between Adre’anna Jackson and Zina Linnik, as did many other people, including law enforcement, but information was never released as to whether or not a link was found.

Zina Linnik’s killer, Terapon Adhan, was found immediately and is already locked up. If he is linked to Adre’anna Jackson’s case, then that’s that, and he is not connected to Lindsey Baum’s disappearance, since he was locked up before this happened. BUT, my thought is, if Terapon Adhan is NOT linked Adre’anna Jackson, then her killer is still at large. Is it possible that AJ’s killer could be involved with Lindsey Baum’s disappearance as well?

The Lakewood/Tillicum area where Adre’anna Jackson went missing is less than an hour from McLeary. I know their disappearances were 5 years apart, and the location is an hour away, but if AJ’s killer is still out there, a connection isn’t that much of a stretch. Killers like hers rarely just stop on their own. Sometimes, they do take years to strike again. It’s entirely possible that in 5 years he has migrated just an hour away - it’s really not a long distance at all, considering predators like these often turn up in other states from where their initial crime sprees began. In fact, I’d be much more disturbed if there were TWO abductors on the loose in such a small area.

This may have already been addressed, and I have to admit that I did not get a chance to go through every page of this thread. I also know much more about the Adre’anna Jackson case than I do about the Lindsey Baum case. I’ve never been sure what to make of Lindsey’s case. At first, it seemed to me like something fishy was up (in terms not being a stranger abduction), but AJ’s case seemed that way to many people at first as well, and it turns out to be confirmed that it was a stranger abduction and murder. If this turns out to be the same case with Lindsey Baum (and the more I read about it, the more random it sounds), then I strongly suspect a connection between these two cases. That is, unless Adre’anna Jackson’s murder has already been attributed to someone else and I just missed the memo.

Goldiegirl - WOW- great first post! A new angle to think about on Lindsey's case.
I also wanted to give you a link to the thread for: Adre'anna Jackson
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33075&highlight=Adre%92anna+Jackson
since you followed that case, perhaps you can help refresh interest in that case too! Looks like the last post linked an article that an arrest was made of a TRANSIENT guy whom was in jail when Adre'anna went missing but had or might have info about the crime.
If you know anything after this point - update that thread and perhaps we can see if we find a link between Spencer Grant and his associates (more so, since Grant appeared to be cleared via his being in jail) and Lindsey?!???

Lastly, but not least...............
.:Welcome1::greetings::welcome3:

There is one pick in the video that might be a topic of debate! It is the pic of Lindsey in her blue-green floppy beach hat & sunglasses. Where was this image taken if I may humbly ask and was it another beach day before she went missing? Just curious as it was mentioned that the night Lindsey Love <3 went missing McCleary was a thoroughfare for people comming and going from the coast. Several events were mentioned that people were interested in that wouldtake peeps from here to there for drinks, gas and the such. I ask this question only being a minimal authority on large guts on men and all the shapes and sizes they come in along with possible sexy hot legs! LOL! In the video I mentioned it appears maybe it was at the video store but that is just a guess with no merrit What may have merrit is the man standing behind Lindsey with the T-Shirt shapely over gut, and VERY bowed legs/knees! He looks halfway down to match the guy in the Shell Video with the little boy who made a stage left to the bathroom. Was it ever discovered who the man was with child at dusk?

Has anyone found a photo of this luring/kidnapping guy?

I know this isn't related to Lindsey (well, I assume not), but it follows the current discussion about luring attempts in the area. This is not a news article that can be linked to, so I have to copy and paste. The university I graduated from sent out this email today.

"Saint Martin&#8217;s University Office of Public Safety is giving notice of a report to the Lacey Police Department last Thursday of a groping attack occurring in the 600 block of Sleater Kinney Road, near South Sound Center.

Lacey police reported on Thursday, February 3, at 12:45 p.m. a woman was attacked from behind, pulled to the ground and groped behind a strip mall on Sleater Kinney Road. A man came to her rescue after hearing her screams. The attacker fled on foot.

Lacey police released the following image of a man they say is a person of interest in this attack. " (then there is a picture included)

I'm not sure why it took so long to send this out if it happened on the 3rd, but I just got it in my inbox 10 minutes ago. This is generally a pretty safe area, with one major incident happening during my four years living there. I'm surprised by all these creeps, but I'm learning that this can, and does, happen everywhere.

Oh, ETA: Here's a video of the guy http://www.kirotv.com/video/26826859/index.html . Thought this might be a good place to post it since anyone who is local to the Lindsey Baum case isn't too far from Lacey. Maybe we can solve this too, while we're at it.

There is one pick in the video that might be a topic of debate! It is the pic of Lindsey in her blue-green floppy beach hat & sunglasses. Where was this image taken if I may humbly ask and was it another beach day before she went missing? Just curious as it was mentioned that the night Lindsey Love <3 went missing McCleary was a thoroughfare for people comming and going from the coast. Several events were mentioned that people were interested in that wouldtake peeps from here to there for drinks, gas and the such. I ask this question only being a minimal authority on large guts on men and all the shapes and sizes they come in along with possible sexy hot legs! LOL! In the video I mentioned it appears maybe it was at the video store but that is just a guess with no merrit What may have merrit is the man standing behind Lindsey with the T-Shirt shapely over gut, and VERY bowed legs/knees! He looks halfway down to match the guy in the Shell Video with the little boy who made a stage left to the bathroom. Was it ever discovered who the man was with child at dusk?

Good eyes Karen! I knew exactly what picture you were referring to but never realized anyone else was in the picture. I don't know where this was taken or when for that matter. I see a sliding glass door in the picture.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...indsey Baum -WA-/?action=view&current=ll.jpg

Lindsey honey, where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member