WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

I guess there is no news on Lindsey today. (sigh) We have been reduced to talking about web browsers and thunderstorms. At least, we are still here and still talking tho!

I wish LE was not being so quiet about this case and would give some indication as to where they are on the investigation. It would be great if they gave case updates on a regular basis! Maybe the local public needs to put some pressure on them to reassure everyone a monster is not living next door.

I do like that we are seeing the arrests of many RSOs since she has gone missing, but it could mean we simply haven't kept up on LE's arrests before. This could be something they do all the time since there are so many everywhere.

Chrome is nice but I still prefer Firefox because of plug ins, add ons and security (I also don't like that I can't clear download history and export book marks from Chrome into my Firefox)

I think I understood that. :) I always wondered what that star in the address bar was and the orange thingy to the left of it. What I have to figure out is how to get rid of all these icons on my desktop. Lots of them from plugins I think and am afraid to delete anything for fear it will change someting I need.

And thanks Cyber, I'm following suit with your Mom's praise of you, as I have learned a wonderful new trick. LOLOL Quick too~

Fonda is not the owner of the ORV park. She is an employee of Grays Harbor County and from what I understand, the ORV park is owned by Grays Harbor County.
My guess is that whoever is "in charge" has instructed the employees not to give out too much information in regards to Lindsey's case. There are litigation issues when you ask a public "servant" a question while they are performing their job duties. They may express personal opinions that could be taken as "official" govt responses when that is not the case. Does that make sense?
We have tried to be careful not to use her name here. We adjusted our posts. We call her Miss V instead. ;)

I would say you are right tho. They don't want govt employees giving out information. I hope we haven't caused her any problems. :confused:

I guess there is no news on Lindsey today. (sigh) We have been reduced to talking about web browsers and thunderstorms. At least, we are still here and still talking tho!

I wish LE was not being so quiet about this case and would give some indication as to where they are on the investigation. It would be great if they gave case updates on a regular basis! Maybe the local public needs to put some pressure on them to reassure everyone a monster is not living next door.

I do like that we are seeing the arrests of many RSOs since she has gone missing, but it could mean we simply haven't kept up on LE's arrests before. This could be something they do all the time since there are so many everywhere.

Reading elsewhere I learned that last night when I think McCleary and Cyber heard a heli overhead to the north, a regular plane rendevou'ed {sp} with the heli. Then the plane flew back towards the airport and the heli headed down over Capitol Forest. Sumpin's going on. Why would a heli come all the way down to McCleary to do their flying maneuvers and tests when they have the whole state of Wn? Doesn't make sense, especially since the heli was busy last week as well south of Hwy 8.

The poster also said the heli was flying quite low., even over the forest. She did great trying to take some pics and it gave one a good feel for the thick spreading Capitol Forest across the Hwy.

Fonda is not the owner of the ORV park. She is an employee of Grays Harbor County and from what I understand, the ORV park is owned by Grays Harbor County.
My guess is that whoever is "in charge" has instructed the employees not to give out too much information in regards to Lindsey's case. There are litigation issues when you ask a public "servant" a question while they are performing their job duties. They may express personal opinions that could be taken as "official" govt responses when that is not the case. Does that make sense?

Perfect sense Gailrene since she practically disputed everything I had learned already and had talked to two employees who mentioned the name Allen/'Al'. It took me a minute to see what was going on tho.

Even if Lindsey's going missing has nothing to do with Allen or the ORV park, they probably want anything that pertains to either of them kept out of the public eye. And it could be something is afoot which is even more reason to keep things quiet. ???

It's a good thing she wasn't working on Sunday! :)

We have tried to be careful not to use her name here. We adjusted our posts. We call her Miss V instead. ;)

I would say you are right tho. They don't want govt employees giving out information. I hope we haven't caused her any problems. :confused:

Lol, so noted. :crazy:
It just feels weird referring to her as "Miss V"...sounds so dominatrix...lol!
I will call her tonight and let her know that no one meant to get her in trouble and make sure she still has her job.

Lol, so noted. :crazy:
It just feels weird referring to her as "Miss V"...sounds so dominatrix...lol!
I will call her tonight and let her know that no one meant to get her in trouble and make sure she still has her job.

Goodness No, I hope she didn't get in trouble. I didn't tell Ms B hardly anything we had learned and did point out info had been gleaned from County sites about the park and the Commissioner's meetings.

I had even thought of calling Miss V at work for the same reason but it is better if you do it I think since you know her. She does care about finding Lindsey. xox

Someone from the other site is going to call the ORV park and ask if this guy was the caretaker
http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/sheriff/JailRegisters/RegisterDetail.asp?SrchBookNo=173193

Thanks Jennifer, I wonder what PA - pre arraignment means? He is being held for Pa I know, but would it be that way if they were looking at hi for something else? The pre-arraignment must be on the old charges from Pa, but not sure. I wonder if there is any way to learn more about him, age, marital status and children, photo? They didn't put much in there!

Someone said he was 74 years old.

Oh and pre arraignment (I think) means he hasn't been charged (arraigned) in court yet. The courts need to get their ducks in a row to make sure he is charged correctly.

Oh and pre arraignment (I think) means he hasn't been charged (arraigned) in court yet. The courts need to get their ducks in a row to make sure he is charged correctly.

It just seems so unlikely that a man of this age would be still happily in lust. Taking the date he was arrested, the middle name, a man with the same last name living in Aberdeen not far away and the search activity we have learned about which might be connected to the case, we can't dismiss him IMO.

Arrested in Montesano must mean he was staying there, right? He does have an odd sirname, and if any more had popped up in the area we'd probably heard about it.

I'm more interested in the man with so many DUI's we heard about today. We have to believe that Sheli was interviewed by LE and possibly overheard or learned something to say what she did to Cyber. She is deeply concerned about her friend and don't think she would fabricate stuff, do you? xox

When did they take out the really trashy mobile home park that was across the street from the apartments? I just noticed the other day that the area to the west of the cemetery had been cleared and the mobiles were all gone.
I know it has been at least since November of last year.

Reading elsewhere I learned that last night when I think McCleary and Cyber heard a heli overhead to the north, a regular plane rendevou'ed {sp} with the heli. Then the plane flew back towards the airport and the heli headed down over Capitol Forest. Sumpin's going on. Why would a heli come all the way down to McCleary to do their flying maneuvers and tests when they have the whole state of Wn? Doesn't make sense, especially since the heli was busy last week as well south of Hwy 8.

The poster also said the heli was flying quite low., even over the forest. She did great trying to take some pics and it gave one a good feel for the thick spreading Capitol Forest across the Hwy.

I think what LE might have been looking for with the helicopters and searches in Capital Forest and maybe even the search near my house may have been a work release offender that "escaped". I don't know "officially" what LE was looking for, but it was probably this guy. I don't think I like the idea of him roaming our neighborhood.
http://www.doc.wa.gov/news/pressreleases/2009/070609OffenderWalksAwayfromForestServiceCrewinThurstonCounty.asp
"Offender Walks Away from Forest Service Crew in Thurston County

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 16 , 2009

LITTLEROCK, Thurston County – The Department of Corrections and local law enforcement are searching for an offender who walked away from a forest service crew near Cedar Creek Corrections Center located in Thurston County.

Stanley C. Green, 47, is a white male. He has blue eyes, is 6-foot-3 and weighs about 250 pounds. He was last seen wearing a DOC-issued red shirt and tan pants. Anyone who sees someone matching Green’s description should call 911.

Green was last seen at about 11:20 a.m. today while training for a forest service crew that is operated by the state Department of Natural Resources. The crew was training about one mile away from the prison.

Green began his prison sentence in October 2007 for three counts of first-degree robbery in Whatcom, Yakima and Thurston counties. He was scheduled to be released in August 2012.

Cedar Creek Corrections Center is a minimum-security prison located in southwest Thurston County. It houses about 400 offenders."

I think what LE might have been looking for with the helicopters and searches in Capital Forest and maybe even the search near my house may have been a work release offender that "escaped". I don't know "officially" what LE was looking for, but it was probably this guy. I don't think I like the idea of him roaming our neighborhood.
http://www.doc.wa.gov/news/pressrel...AwayfromForestServiceCrewinThurstonCounty.asp

LITTLEROCK, Thurston County – The Department of Corrections and local law enforcement are searching for an offender who walked away from a forest service crew near Cedar Creek Corrections Center located in Thurston County.

Stanley C. Green, 47, is a white male. He has blue eyes, is 6-foot-3 and weighs about 250 pounds. He was last seen wearing a DOC-issued red shirt and tan pants. Anyone who sees someone matching Green’s description should call 911.

Green was last seen at about 11:20 a.m. today while training for a forest service crew that is operated by the state Department of Natural Resources. The crew was training about one mile away from the prison.

Green began his prison sentence in October 2007 for three counts of first-degree robbery in Whatcom, Yakima and Thurston counties. He was scheduled to be released in August 2012.

Cedar Creek Corrections Center is a minimum-security prison located in southwest Thurston County. It houses about 400 offenders."

3 counts of 1st degree robbery gets you into minimum security, so you can go hang out in the woods with 3 years left to go on a 5 year sentence?
1st degree robbery is defined as having a weapon, or threatening and/or causing bodily harm to another while committing a theft.

https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/164.415.html

stay safe Gailrene.

Checking in and seeing if there is any news on Lindsey - wishing as is SS that some releases of information from LE would be given so we know if the investigation is progressing. Hope this case is not going to stall.

http://www.doc.wa.gov/news/pressreleases/2009/070609OffenderWalksAwayfromForestServiceCrewinThurstonCounty.asp

Thanks for that Gailrene, That makes perfect sense. He walked away last Thursday. When was it the heli was heard flying back and forth south of Hwy 8 last week?

I wonder if that could also explain the 2 searches on Sunday? I don't know if the park is fenced off from entering except by the main entrance.

Aha! This could the "rock" they mentioned last night on the scanner. Perhaps they had a sighting or something.

I hope LE finds Green. I'm having a hard enough time sleeping since Lindsey disappeared without having to worry about an escaped burglar with a history of violence being on the loose near our home. It's like McCleary hit the modern century over night.
Good catch, SS on the "Rock"! I thought it was the pizza place in Lacey too. That makes alot more sense now.
I saw this press release when it came out and I didn't put 2 and 2 together. I've been too focused on Lindsey. I know I'm not alone. Most of the locals I have talked to are looking at everyone with a jaded eye now. Any inconsistency is cause for a double check. I heard a family is moving out of their house on Maple street and of course everyone has that little thought in the back of their heads....
I did find out from a friend who's hubby is in LE that the search near our home on Sunday was not likely to be Lindsey related. She said that FBI is completely in charge of the case so as to eliminate errors that could be made by inexperienced detectives working on the case. According to her, local and county LE would be used to secure an area, but that is all. All the investigation has to be done by the FBI.
So, I don't know what is worse.....a possible kidnapper/murderer in our midst or a criminal escapee with a history of armed burglary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TammySue
Back