WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
All caps "how do you know my email address?" Obviously not very computer savvy.

ETA above was the response of the AC that left the comments in Lindseys guestbook.
Sorry, I got excited.

OMGosh! I thought you were suppose to be taking it easy NMK's? Here you are having email correspondence with an SO that's been leaving anonymous cryptic messages on Lindsey's website ........ so, what do you do when you're not taking it easy? LOL -

In all seriousness, BE CAREFUL and good luck :clap::blowkiss:

As much as I hate to say this, there might not have been very many people because there has been some aggressive "fundraising" for the family...and people are kind of getting tired of it. At the Bear Festival there was a guy working the crowd with a container to put money in and some fliers who was rather adament that people give money to help MB pay her bills...and very rude when people wouldn't give him money. I've heard people have gone door-to-door looking for donations, there are jars in the stores...

It's not that people don't care, some of them are scared it'll happen again, everyone is suspicious of everyone else, and no one wants to think they might know the person. There's just been so much suspicion and frustration, and people are tired of being hounded for money.

No one approached us about fund raising and I did not see anyone being asked. I saw no one with a collection can either. Perhaps they felt it best to stop this practice as people had complained. This vigil was just that, a vigil. No one disturbed it. I was even careful not to use my flash.

OMGosh! I thought you were suppose to be taking it easy NMK's? Here you are having email correspondence with an SO that's been leaving anonymous cryptic messages on Lindsey's website ........ so, what do you do when you're not taking it easy? LOL -

In all seriousness, BE CAREFUL and good luck :clap::blowkiss:

I took 2 days, I'm fine.

And don't worry, my IP bounces and can't be accurately traced...certainly not by this guy.

DSCF2440.jpg

DSCF2430.jpg

DSCF2444.jpg

DSCF2445.jpg

DSCF2446.jpg

DSCF2451.jpg

DSCF2458.jpg

DSCF2463.jpg

DSCF2457.jpg

DSCF2464.jpg

DSCF2468.jpg

DSCF2469.jpg

DSCF2480.jpg

DSCF2481.jpg

It is not often that i shoot in full manual on my camera. So considering i bone-headed my ISO settings (64) all the way through (but got the rest) it came out OK :)
Bump~ These are incredible, JVK!!! Well done!! Thanks so very much! :)

I think we need a Member Photo Thread here! LOL (Yes, I am thread crazy. :crazy:)

Many many thanks to everyone that has posted photos to help us better get a grip on the area...sometimes that little button just isn't enough.

AC has not acknowledged my request to be his "chat buddy" on yahoo yet. Wish I could get him on chat and ask him some questions. I think someone got a hold of his address and signed the guestbook that way on purpose to bring him out into the light.

AC has not acknowledged my request to be his "chat buddy" on yahoo yet. Wish I could get him on chat and ask him some questions. I think someone got a hold of his address and signed the guestbook that way on purpose to bring out into the light.

Possible, but it does make me wonder, since there were no denials that he knows anything, no asking what the hell~o I was talking about, just shock that I could contact him.

Possible, but it does make me wonder, since there were no denials that he knows anything, no asking what the hell~o I was talking about, just shock that I could contact him.

Well it would help to know what you asked him.

Let's say he didn't actually sign the guestbook. Makes you wonder who would know a SO's email address in order to use it on the guestbook. If indeed he is the AC you all have identified as a SO.

I sent email alerts pretty much nationwide for Haylee Donathan, I think it's time I send some for Lindsey. I'm off to find business emails for Hoodsport, just in case.

Hiatus over.

I think it's commendable for you to want to do this and if you need any assistance at all - *please let me know! My voice may be gone - but my administrative and address sleuthing skills are intact! :D

I'm going to a wedding in McCleary tonight...I'll keep my ears and eyes open!!

Wondering if the reception is at the VFW? If so, maybe you could see if there was event booked there the night Lindsey went missing. There must be a Post member overseeing the event.

Thanks, if possible!

If you haven't had a chance to wander over to Youtube lately, and you have some free time, do so. There are a couple of really nice videos that have been posted recently for Lindsey Baum ~ :heart:

This might seem over the top but my hubby came up with a good idea that I should have thought of. We are part of a family who has had a loved one gone missing and was featured on NG. This was a manic time for friends and family and qualified guidence a must! DH and I travel the I5 corrider, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska and Hiwaaii calling on Clients owning music stores as we rep musical instuments. DH stated if some here posting from western & eastern Wa & Oregon ect... have business clients they could blast e-mail there business associates, truck drivers for major transport co. like Mayflower, Food sevices Coca Cola ect. to do the same. I haven't checked FB out but that is a good way to spread the word to our friends in the N.W. From our end we are going to contact our clients through e-mail with link of Lindsey's story and photo. Our private business reaches people all over the world. Great way to communicate for the lost. Even if these e-mails are deleted and fliers thrown away an imprint is still in their minds. Wish I had connections to long hall truck drivers! This is just an idea. I had a thought come to mind that is playing devils advocate to a more appropriate thought as to the moments Lindsey went missing. I would welcome a poo poo on this graciously. Here we go... Could Lindsey have actualy gone home causing her to be actually running, fleeing from her home instead of running towards home? I found it odd when NG was interviewing Lindsey's mom (Mom to me has had such a flat affect throughout the ordeal. Maybe shock? ) NG said something like this, "there were 2 people who claimed to have seen her?" Lindsey's mom got a puzzled look and said "well one who is a co-worker" and once again there was silence about the second person who claimed to have seen her. Tell me if I'm write about the timeline that 45 min. lasped until the first 911 call? According to statements Mom, son were calling for her during this time frame? Going back to lurking. This case just seems to be more than stranger abduction but that may be because I'v also spent to much time in other missing children forumns and need to not spread myself to thin and focus on no more than two. Not very good at multi tasking these missing children cases. They can eat you up inside.

Wondering if the reception is at the VFW? If so, maybe you could see if there was event booked there the night Lindsey went missing. There must be a Post member overseeing the event.

Thanks, if possible!

That is so weird that you ask this as well because my very first post on this case was to address the VFW post or local watering hole tavern as alot of gossip in Wa. small towns is shared in these hard working communities. :)

I bartend occasionally at our local VFW for hall rental parties. Supposedly the McCleary VFW does not have a regular bar open every day to members only.
I agree-the bars and coffee shops are where the locals gab.

Jvk and Cyber, your photos were simply beautifully done and want to thank you both for going that extra mile. ;}

SS, your spotting the guy in the black shirt was amazing! I had to hunt for him, looking thru the bleacher photos twice. lol It looks like he has a brightly colored orange and yellow jacket or overshirt on, but don't think it is a road workers vest, although it could be. Did you spot him in any other photos? Do any locals recognize him, assuming he is not our Jvk.

KageyKaren, I also want to WELCOME you to WS. It is great to have you here. I wanted to explore the idea about long haul truckers and am curious how that works with flyers. My sister books loads as a full time business thru a major trucking outfit which is why I want to explore the idea. xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoffeeStan