WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just when you think you have heard it all with the way some children are treated by their parents, Caylee Anthony for example... comes something else that literally leaves you shaking your head. This is just plain scary!

~WARNING~ This story contains graphic violence committed against a child. Do not read any further if you are squeamish.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...?SITE=KING&TEMPLATE=USHEADS.html&SECTION=HOME

I read about this a few days ago and became physically ill after reading the details. I blame her family for leaving the baby alone in her care knowing that she was as sick as she was. She should have never been unsupervised with that child.

I am sure all of you that have followed the Caylee Anthony case know this detail, but I'd like to present it as a way of showing that LE does not always follow up on their leads/tips.

Quote from CNN Story:
The search for Caylee ended December 11, when a meter reader brought out a bag containing a skull from the woods. He said he had contacted police three times in August to report a suspicious bag in the area. A deputy was ultimately fired for not properly searching the area.

Reported way back in August. I hope the pierce county pd will be very thorough and look at all leads/tips provided by the public.

Link to whole story:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/19/florida.caylee.autopsy/index.html

I wonder why LE classified Lindsey as a 'run-a-way? Was it due to talks with mom Baum or was it a guess. Imo a 10yo runaway is in great danger and why an AA wouldn't be called is absurd. mho M. Klass has a summer newsletter regarding the AA and what he thinks needs to be changed. You can receive the newletter by signing up at the site and/or donating a few dollars to the cause. I've always found the newsletters pertinent and interesting. mho

You can download the newsletter regarding the AA here:
http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-newsltr.htm

I don't think Lindsey was ever classified as a "runaway". They just didn't have evidence of an abduction, so no Amber Alert was issued.
The case is the same with 8 year old Robert Manwill out of ID and Nevaeh, Adji, et.al.

So many kids that are never afforded the attention an Amber Alert brings simply because there is no "evidence of an abduction".

I just saw a graphic across the HLN screen that said "homes evacuated in Washington wildfire."

Best wishes to all of you there.

Heat = more stink.

I can appreciate that for cadaver scents but I have not yet given up on the idea that LE may still be looking for a possible living scent and -- from what I understand -- life scents are better able to be picked up in damp or cool environments rather than seering heat. I may yet be misunderstanding the science, though.

I read about this a few days ago and became physically ill after reading the details. I blame her family for leaving the baby alone in her care knowing that she was as sick as she was. She should have never been unsupervised with that child.

Yes there were definite warning signs according to the article too. It is beyond my comprehension how a parent could be so cruel. Then saying... I didn't mean to do it, hmmmf... yeah right.

I just saw a graphic across the HLN screen that said "homes evacuated in Washington wildfire."

Best wishes to all of you there.

Been listening to it on the scanner all afternoon....so sad! Firefighters are bustin' their butts! Praying that everyone stays safe.

Baby Scotty has a thread in the crimes section, as well as a memorial thread in the private forums section.
My laptop is slow or I would hunt up the links.

Playing catchup {{again}}} and want to say first of all - regarding the wildfires - I hope everyone's ok!!!!!

I've been doing some thinking - while abed - and if this has been discussed before - please forgive me!!!!

I've been thinking about the small bit of scent found, along Maple? According to the timeline - the girls left the video store (which would be located on Simpson) to go to Lindsey's home - *then left for "K's home, with brother in tow, presumably left the bike behind the Shell (on 3rd) and continued to "K's" home (sans brother) - I'm thinking that would put the girls on Maple the rest of the the way *to "K's" home. Then half an hour later (give-or-take) Lindsey was seen on Maple again between 5th and 6th, right?

What would be the possibility of the small amount of scent picked up being Lindsey's trip *to "K's" house - rather than from?

Also - regarding the girls being on Maple - what do ya'll think the chances are of them catching the eye of a perp on the way *to "K's" home and Lindsey spotted and lured by the same perp on the way back? Because there *was no noise, no scuffle - I'm leaning more towards the theory that this was someone she trusted and wherever she was lured - whether it be into a car - or a home - initially it was willingly? If there were *any noise at all - at least rumors would have broken about it by now..........?

Just random thoughts - - trying desperately as we all are to piece this together!

From post #635
attachment.php

This map route is interesting because it may well have been a common route that Lindsey and friends took considering the empty play area kitty-corner to the SO Aaron's relative. It would also have been just as quick to go south to Pine and head east rather than go back north to Maple and head east. If this was the route LB took that night perhaps it might explain the loss of scent in that particular area. If the SO Aaron visited his relatives often -- and he may well have had inspiration to do so simply because it was so close to a favorite play area for children -- then LB would have been familiar with the guy at least by fac, and I cannot imagine a SO not taking time to meet the neighbor kids across the road as they played on weekends he visited.

Lindsey still had a possible 45 minutes before the cerfew:
- might she have turned down 6th to see if anyone was playing at their favorite area?
- might Aaron have seen, lured her, or offered her a ride home or quickly grabbed her and tossed her into his car?

This is something I had not yet considered until I focused on the route and the fact that a known SO had relatives so close to a favorite play area.

Attachments

• aaron relative.jpg
    aaron relative.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 102
You can download the newsletter regarding the AA here:
http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-newsltr.htm

I don't think Lindsey was ever classified as a "runaway". They just didn't have evidence of an abduction, so no Amber Alert was issued.
The case is the same with 8 year old Robert Manwill out of ID and Nevaeh, Adji, et.al.

So many kids that are never afforded the attention an Amber Alert brings simply because there is no "evidence of an abduction".

Thanks for bringing the newsletter over. I brought the link to the newsletter over to the Lindsey threads and was told it needed to go on a thread just for the Klasskids Foundation. I get terribly confused regarding what should go where. Guess I'm still too new.

Lindsey was indeed treated as a 'runaway' by LE. They thought she left to join her dad in Mississippi. Seems they hung onto that idea for quite a while...now, with cadaver dogs, it's being treated as a search and recovery or that she's being held hostage in a home somewhere.

The PD in Idaho are giving a news update everyday...that keeps the media involved and attentive. McCleary didn't do that because...my guess is because they thought she ran away. mho mho mho mho :confused:

From post #635
attachment.php

This map route is interesting because it may well have been a common route that Lindsey and friends took considering the empty play area kitty-corner to the SO Aaron's relative. It would also have been just as quick to go south to Pine and head east rather than go back north to Maple and head east. If this was the route LB took that night perhaps it might explain the loss of scent in that particular area. If the SO Aaron visited his relatives often -- and he may well have had inspiration to do so simply because it was so close to a favorite play area for children -- then LB would have been familiar with the guy at least by fac, and I cannot imagine a SO not taking time to meet the neighbor kids across the road as they played on weekends he visited.

Lindsey still had a possible 45 minutes before the cerfew:
- might she have turned down 6th to see if anyone was playing at their favorite area?
- might Aaron have seen, lured her, or offered her a ride home or quickly grabbed her and tossed her into his car?

This is something I had not yet considered until I focused on the route and the fact that a known SO had relatives so close to a favorite play area.

Aaron doesn't live there...he lives in another county. His relatives do not live there either, but close by. Pretty sure about that. mho

From post #701
First of all, thanks for the great photo and map!

foot_bridge.jpg

You indicate in your map that the creek runs into the culvert and underground cyclone barrier. would it be possible [if water was relatively higher than normal] for an object to float into the underground cyclone barrier under the service station or is there some sort of screen block that would stop an object from going that far? I'm referring to the area where the creek bed shrubbery ends right where your "yellow" barrier symbol is shown.

Thanks again for the photos and info C.

Playing catchup {{again}}} and want to say first of all - regarding the wildfires - I hope everyone's ok!!!!!

I've been doing some thinking - while abed - and if this has been discussed before - please forgive me!!!!

I've been thinking about the small bit of scent found, along Maple? According to the timeline - the girls left the video store (which would be located on Simpson) to go to Lindsey's home - *then left for "K's home, with brother in tow, presumably left the bike behind the Shell (on 3rd) and continued to "K's" home (sans brother) - I'm thinking that would put the girls on Maple the rest of the the way *to "K's" home. Then half an hour later (give-or-take) Lindsey was seen on Maple again between 5th and 6th, right?

What would be the possibility of the small amount of scent picked up being Lindsey's trip *to "K's" house - rather than from?

Also - regarding the girls being on Maple - what do ya'll think the chances are of them catching the eye of a perp on the way *to "K's" home and Lindsey spotted and lured by the same perp on the way back? Because there *was no noise, no scuffle - I'm leaning more towards the theory that this was someone she trusted and wherever she was lured - whether it be into a car - or a home - initially it was willingly? If there were *any noise at all - at least rumors would have broken about it by now..........?

Just random thoughts - - trying desperately as we all are to piece this together!

Interesting post, LadyBug, as that is not far from something that I considered after seeing a previous post with a map of a possible route (I've already posted the details above)

Edit - Oh well, it appears that the location for Aaron on the map is not the location of a known SO, so this idea loses some force. However, the favorite play area for local kids still seems to remain so she could have taken that route to the play area in any event

Hello,

I've come across some pictures of Lindsey I have not seen before.

One, a picture on a playground that looks like she might be wearing a light blue hoodie, and I believe that's what she is said to have disappeared in?

Am I allowed to post the links to these photos? There are 3.

Hello,

I've come across some pictures of Lindsey I have not seen before.

One, a picture on a playground that looks like she might be wearing a light blue hoodie, and I believe that's what she is said to have disappeared in?

Am I allowed to post the links to these photos? There are 3.

Should be alright as long as they are not posted on a forbidden site.

Should be alright as long as they are not posted on a forbidden site.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...63004346376_1563992432_30136276_5002030_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...62999346251_1563992432_30136270_2236374_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...032140254793_1563992432_30067065_503421_n.jpg

If that's forbidden someone let me know and I'll take them down.
Or, if they've already been seen just let me know... I just noted I haven't seen them.

E4C said
Aaron doesn't live there...he lives in another county. His relatives do not live there either, but close by. Pretty sure about that. mho

NC21 -
Thanks, it appears that relatives may be living in Shelton, about 25 miles north of McCleary. I assumed the map information had been checked out by someone, appreciate the information.

One question, what country does this SO live in and is he now "out-of-country?"

I haven't seen those pictures before either. Where did you find them?

Are you close to the Clakamus Mall? I stopped going to the Super Mall unless I need something special at the last minute. The last time I went to the mall the economy woes had just statred effecting malls in general and it was depressing. I was almost wisked away by fast pace alien mall walkers. Today may have been a good day to give another chance.

Actually, I went to Valley River Center in Eugene today. I hadn't been there in a LONG time! I was surprised that hardly anyone was there! I went there just to cool off! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jezel