WA WA - Lorelee Sue Lhotka, 19, Seattle, 1975

sasha17

Curiouser & curiouser
Reaction score
Lorelee was last seen in Seattle, Washington on some unspecified date in 1975, when she left home to go to a doctor's appointment. She was supposed to take the bus, but she may have hitchhiked instead. She never arrived at the doctor's office and has never been heard from again. In 1978, her wallet was found in the Wenatchee National Forest.

She is 5'3", 120 pounds, and has brown hair and brown eyes. Her first name may be spelled "Loralee" and she may use the last name "Spamola".

Original

NamUs #MP14228 - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Loralee Sue Lhotka – The Charley Project

I find it odd that Namus has her disappearing after a doctor's appointment on New Years Day. It looks as though nobody remembers the last day they saw her. So sad.

Bump.

I am wondering if Lhotka was her married name and if the birthdate is wrong. This is because there are several records on Ancestry showing the marriage of Stephen Dewey Lhotka to Lorelee Sue Davis in Okanogan, Washington on 2 February 1974. There is also a divorce record from 1977 (which would fit with her going missing). The only problem is that her birthdate is given as 27 June 1957 - but how many cases of a Lorelee Sue marrying a Lhotka in Washington state can there be? If this is the right person she was born in Kamloops in British Columbia. On the marriage licence her parent/guardian is listed as Sophie Davis (giving consent for a minor marriage).

Not sure this adds anything other than filling in some details.

I wonder if the finding of her wallet was a clue that she was in that forest. I wonder if it seemed it could have been with her but moved away by nature... Who found it, how, and exactly where. How did it come to the attention of law enforcement?
Does the date of January 1 as her missing date indicate the original files have been lost, and if so, who knows what details about the case have been lost.

I can't find her in the Doe Network :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060
Back