WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its great to have also, because we've heard so many rumors about her on here, but very little fact until now. This seems to be very inline with what JV has said also, so I think that is the most credible info on MC for us to go with. (not a drug user, sweet shy girl.)

I have asked myself the question "was Mackenzie a nice sweet girl?" In my mind I have formed a sort of pro/con list (just based on what I have seen on here and heard around town). I know when someone passes, they can be glamorized, or thought only in a wonderful light. I want to believe she was, but it seems that there were items on both lists. I have also thought that maybe in her Middle School years she was one way, and in later years another. It does seem like at the time of her murder, she was getting on the right track and had goals to achieve. It is nice to hear such nice things from someone who appears to really know her.

That image is on the shore at almost a right angle from the shore fronting CB.

If you look at the sat pic that metalsmith posted, you get a better idea of where that photo is... there's no stream there. Whether you agree or disagree with metalsmith's location of the body, his overhead photo is a good one. I had seen that excavation photo earlier, but it really really sank in when he posted his speculative location. SOMEONE dug something there...and it must have been significant enough for the media to make a photo.

Kinda off topic... but does anyone know if the 156 CB is within the town of Trinidad? I was looking at plats tonight, and I didn't even realize that there was a Town of Trinidad.

I think Trinidad is basically a gas station and not much more! Kindof up on the highway. All the years I've lived here I don't think I've ever been down to Crescent Bar. My son took our boat down there one year for a big Labor Day party!!! Quincy is actually several miles away, but I think it's considered within Quincy city limits. I think I'm gonna have to make a road trip and take my own pictures!

The plats are really good to understand the area. One shows low water/high water.

Hey... did you know that the part of the river right in front of 156 CB is named Wanapum Lake?

That's interesting! I wonder what Wanapum means?

The speck house's lights were on again tonight. The same two interior lights that were left on when LE and FBI were searching it.

There was a white car parked on the other side of the street, like the one's LE / FBI have had there before. (white car may belong to neighbor, but I highly doubt the lights belong to the neighbor.)

It is odd that the lights that were left on are the same as before (after LE left), and they are not ones that I would think would be left on.......example entry lights, garage lights, livjngroom.....

Which rooms had the lights on????????

That's interesting! I wonder what Wanapum means?

Here you go:

The Wanapum, meaning "river people," are one of the few Native American tribes who are still called by the name they chose for themselves.

The Wanapum made their homes along the Columbia River in an area known as the Columbia Plateau. They traditionally lived in small villages. The villages included mat lodges made from tules for housing and a longhouse for spiritual ceremonies.

http://www.pacificnorthwestjourneys.org/year2/supplements/na_profiles.cfm?chid=12

http://i42.tinypic.com/156pmog.jpg JF`s truck, sorry for taking so long trying to figure this out. :)

Are you sure it was him. It was noted before that it was a GMC. The truck I saw was a GMC. Maybe I was wrong or he could have been in the other persons car. My granddaughter looked at the picture and confirmed it was the same person that was in the restaurant.

Can someone remind me of what we know about who WC is dating right now? Is she dating JF still or has she begun to date someone new or both? I vaguely remember reading both but what do you guys remember?

The plat I read says it's in the Town of Trinidad. I doubt that that's an incorporated town, but I had not known that.

The plat also shows how tiny the actual property at 156 CB is. Half of what we think of as 156 CB is actually easement and PUD. I think that 156 CB is only 70000 SF--maybe an acre and a half.

Douglas County records show the parcel as 1.55 acres, or 67,518 square feet -- close enough. Yes, Trinidad is not incorporated, nor is Crescent Bar.

I'm not sure about your statement of "Half of what we think of as 156 CB is actually easement and PUD" -- ? Your opinion, perhaps?

I dunno, Puf, it has been quite clear to me that there are several WSer's that have been trying to convey this factual evidence based on county records and surveys, along with local knowledge -- very early on. I'm happy to see you are now on the same page!

Can someone remind me of what we know about who WC is dating right now? Is she dating JF still or has she begun to date someone new or both? I vaguely remember reading both but what do you guys remember?

Someone posted that she had broken off with JF and was seeing a GC. There was also a post that JF was living in Wenatchee with his brother who is separated from his wife.

The last thing I remember reading on here, was someone new. It was posted as a rumor though. I think it is debatable.

I have asked myself the question "was Mackenzie a nice sweet girl?" In my mind I have formed a sort of pro/con list (just based on what I have seen on here and heard around town). I know when someone passes, they can be glamorized, or thought only in a wonderful light. I want to believe she was, but it seems that there were items on both lists. I have also thought that maybe in her Middle School years she was one way, and in later years another. It does seem like at the time of her murder, she was getting on the right track and had goals to achieve. It is nice to hear such nice things from someone who appears to really know her.

Let's consider how a 13-year-old might get "off track"? This is where you'll need to consider the entire body of information and then read between the lines. We all have skeletons in our collective teen "closets", but then MC is not on trial here, she is the victim. Good night all.

Someone posted that she had broken off with JF and was seeing a GC. There was also a post that JF was living in Wenatchee with his brother who is separated from his wife.

So that info seems useful in supporting a theory. She was with JF at the vigil (assuming they were together then) but then broke up with him??? Sounds like something happened around the time MCs body was found. Just sayin'.

Yes I know it was him. Several threads back I mentioned I knew MSF, who was married to him before, I met him several times through her. The truck he was driving may or may not be his but I have the license plate no. if someone knows how to find owners through that, but i do know it was him.

This is so frustrating!!!! We keep going in circles.... Things keep coming up again that we have already gone over (not meaning any harm, I just think we are stuck). We need MEDIA! We need family to not be afraid to go speak out!

The LE! They will tell you in this valley not to talk!! I have had it happen! My daughter was 14 and a 20yr old took advantage of her (not a boyfriend). We think they used that date drug. Anyways...she lost it all of a sudden and blacked out, hitting her head. She woke up being raped!!! The minute she told me I called the police, and they did nothing (This guy’s father was a well known community member with money). The LE told me that he thought she was 16 so there was nothing they could do! Told me to keep quiet. I did not!!! A friend of mine called the guy and scared the **** out of him! The next day... the LE phoned me and said they would not even look at my case anymore because I stepped across the line. The LE here are politically bull****ting wrong!!!!

The LE threatens to keep quiet in this community!

My friend, her ex raped her child during a visit in Snohomish County (they live in Chelan County). The Chelan county LE seemed on it, but told her to be quiet. They said they were looking for him to take a lie detector test. She felt they were not looking for him. She called Snohomish County and told them of her concerns. They had no idea it happened!! They were pissed!! Then the next day the Chelan county sheriffs dept. calls her and tells her if she talks to anyone negative outside again they will not try to solve this case. She did not let up and contacted some WA state TV stations. The Chelan county LE ended up leaving the case unsolved, because they were pissed off!!!

FACT

I posted several threads ago that I had spoken with a young person and asked what s/he thought about a possible drug connection. This person's response was "well of course", like it was common knowledge. (Because of the tone, I expected the next comment to be "I can't believe you even had to ask".)

I've also been told that the majority of students at the hair academy are known to at least smoke pot and possibly other things. This is SPECULATION ONLY, so don't bash me for making generalizations! But I think if the young crowd is talking this way, there is probably at least some truth to it. It wasn't said in a snobby way, just stated as common knowledge.

Here's some food for thought: According to those on here who knew her, it sounds like MC was a nice girl. But consider that she recently got her license which meant more freedom. She was a senior with all of the emotional changes that come with that time of life. She had a somewhat open school schedule and could come and go from the academy with little to no supervision. She was around people that are rumored to smoke pot, and possibly started testing the waters and got involved with the wrong people at the wrong time in the wrong place. Her longtime friends and/or bf may not have known that side of her because it was fairly new. (speculation)

On the other end of the spectrum, maybe she hated pot/drugs and was uncomfortable around that activity and was targeted for being a snitch or just a goody-two-shoes. It just occurred to me that nobody has mentioned that she had "friends" at the academy.

Alt........I totally get what you are saying. However; the people that found her have been asked and I'm pretty sure they said her legs and feet or feet were "bobbing" in the river or water. The stream water isn't deep enough for that effect. I'm going to try and find that post. Perhaps our member that spent the week-end at CB a few weeks back and posted the information that was gleaned from his/her interviews could clarify, again? I will try to find it also.

Since I started this post, (hours ago), I see you've found that post. Yes, I remember the description given, (I'm not entirely sure why I should give it more credence as I did the first time I read it - I am not saying I don't believe it, just that as far as I know, everything is near the same as to when I first read the post).

If you wanna go searching for another post, there was also someone who posted that they knew someone who was above the CB location and used binoculars to see the body - even able to see the RUMORED severed arm. Not that re-posting it changes the weight it should be given, just that that information is out there as well.

Anyway, in my post you will notice I did not state where I believe the body was located. I have issues about where del rio thinks the body was placed. I also have issues as to the body being placed on the rocky shoreline with feet in the river "water". And I do still believe LE has reported it as "water" every time they have mentioned where the feet were - not that they didn't mean river "water", it just leaves it up in the air, (which I think is exactly what LE's intentions were in stating it this way).

Anyway, moving along...

Based on LE's past use of deception / using the media as a tool, (and not necessarily to keep the citizens informed either), let's take out the word "placed" or "put" as Jerry Moore had stated the body was "put" at the location it was found. Yes, I still believe the suspect(s) delivered the body to the CB home, (i.e. the body did not float downriver, and IMO body was deceased, because, for one thing, I see little reason to place the bag over head except for stopping transfer of evidence from neck wound blood during transportation). I believe the suspects attempted to do something to the deceased body while in the heavy brush, (this could be the reason LE was confused as whether this was also the murder scene).

Going further down this speculative path; based on del rio's observation that the river pushes objects against the shore and back into the bay, let's just say the suspect(s) did attempt to push the body out into the river, (it would have to have been at a higher water level when the suspects did this because when the body was found only the feet were in the "water"). Maybe the suspects, (not knowing del rio's observation), assumed the body would be taken downriver from this location. Maybe they launched the body in the stream water and hoped it would take it out into the faster moving current. Quite likely, IMO, it was dark when the suspect(s) attempted this, so they might not have been able to tell what the body was doing in the water.

So the suspect(s) leave and the river flow continues to push the body back towards the shore, (head first because that is direction I think a body would float in water??? Or maybe it catches in the eddy caused by the stream off the CB property). The water level lowers further and the body remains very near where the suspect(s) initial attempted to push the body out into the river.

This might explain why the body and clothes appeared clean, (RUMORED), because cold water, and slight wave action, would do an excellent job of removing blood.

This is SPECULATION and not even my strongest OPINION at the moment. It is based on personal knowledge and input from all information sources. I too feel I take in all information with healthy skepticism based on my experiences. Of course, how you consider the information you gather will be "appropriate" based on your experiences. What's "appropriate" for me I do not expect to be "appropriate" for you.

Let's consider how a 13-year-old might get "off track"? This is where you'll need to consider the entire body of information and then read between the lines. We all have skeletons in our collective teen "closets", but then MC is not on trial here, she is the victim. Good night all.

I'm thinking it sounds like maybe MC had to grow up too soon. So sad. :prayer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member