WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by IgottaKnow View Post
Del Rio, I appreciate your contributions and I also appreciate your hesitation to not say too much.
meant to say "hesitation to say too much"

Just to be clear...has WC called 911 on multiple occasions? I thought I heard that last week she was practicing calling 911- did she do it again last night??? What is going on with her...:toast:

I am not sure if it was a total of 3 times she called last night or 3 times in additon to the last one when rivercom called her back to find out what was going on.

Just to be clear...has WC called 911 on multiple occasions? I thought I heard that last week she was practicing calling 911- did she do it again last night??? What is going on with her...:toast:

It was last night that she was "practicing" her 911 calls, not last week. As reported on here by someone listening to a scanner. Yeah, that's my question too...I like your beer mugs clinking together, lol, because my first response was "What is she drunk??? Who practices calling 911?"

It was last night that she was "practicing" her 911 calls, not last week. As reported on here by someone listening to a scanner. Yeah, that's my question too...I like your beer mugs clinking together, lol, because my first response was "What is she drunk??? Who practices calling 911?"

Makes no sense to me. If I thought that my daughter called 911 and there was no answer (or a busy signal), and that ultimately caused her demise, I may try calling it a few times "just to make sure they answer." You're looking at someone pretty distraught.

BTW who heard the scanner calls, and what exactly did they hear? 911 calls aren't going to be broadcast "in the clear" on unencrypted frequencies.

Makes no sense to me. If I thought that my daughter called 911 and there was no answer (or a busy signal), and that ultimately caused her demise, I may try calling it a few times "just to make sure they answer." You're looking at someone pretty distraught.

BTW who heard the scanner calls, and what exactly did they hear? 911 calls aren't going to be broadcast "in the clear" on unencrypted frequencies.

I'm confused..."If I thought my daughter called 911 and there was no answer"?? What are you referring to? When was it ever said that MC called 911 and got no answer?

I heard the rivercom dispatcher talking to an officer, he said "911 hangup 1 ago, from WC, upon call back she explained that she had a friend over and was scared and they were practicing calling 911. for information three 911 hangups from WC number". That is the best I can remember, it may not be word for word, but pretty close.

I have a scanner and I am able to hear the communication between dispatcher and the officers and officer to officer. There are calls I don't hear so I assume there are frequencies not made public

That was pretty early in the morning too, right? What adult woman has a friend over at that time and does this? I'm not trying to be mean, but it just seems like something is wrong with her if she thinks this is normal behavior...
I think a lot of police departments might follow up on the call anyway on the suspicion that she had actually made the call as a result of a domestic violence situation.

That was pretty early in the morning too, right? What adult woman has a friend over at that time and does this? I'm not trying to be mean, but it just seems like something is wrong with her if she thinks this is normal behavior...

I heard this on the scanner at about 10:45pm pacific time

I think a lot of police departments might follow up on the call anyway on the suspicion that she had actually made the call as a result of a domestic violence situation.

The officer might have made a visit, I did not hear his side of the call, so I cannot say if he checked up on it or not.

The death of one's child might make a person distraught, exhausted, irrational, impulsive, frightened. Maybe that's why she practiced calling 911?

The death of one's child might make a person distraught, exhausted, irrational, impulsive, frightened. Maybe that's why she practiced calling 911?

Very possible. I cannot imagine the condition I would be in if I lost one of my children.

If my daughter had been murdered I would have a friend with me at all times until the person was behind bars. I don't think I would practice 911, but I may try to put it on redial.

Here is my theory on what happened. I think JF was into drugs and MC found out and was going to tell her mother. I think they met at boat launch for some reason and it went from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear