WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow on the brothers find and the lady found dead of intoxication. If you look at this link and the comments it says that the family was saying it was being investigated as a homicide.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/jan/20/autopsy-shows-no-trauma-in-womans-death/

It looks like they are her brothers. One name on the brother matches perfectly. The other looks like he goes by his middle name. I will link the obit and the list of inmates in the jail.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/jan/19/lisa-k-melcher-dechenne/
http://www.co.chelan.wa.us/crj/data/ccrjpop.txt
I have goosebumps on this. I have been skeptical of the link with those guys and why they keep getting brought up. This is looking like a cover-up to me. The cases seem slightly similar in that the bodies were left out kind of in the open for people to find. Do LE not want us to think we have 2 murders on our hands in the valley and therefore calling it a drug overdose...or was she given drugs to make it look as such.? I am thinking outloud here, but this blows me away.

I can see your point, but I can also tell you LMD was a serious drug abuser- convicted criminal. Her name was constantly in the police report for drug related crime. It was noticible as there is another person with same forst and last name in the valley who is a very respectable, highly regarded buisnesswoman and the paper was constantly printing clarification and correction to articles that did not list the M part of the name.

That part of town where she was found is horrible. I think I recall reading/hearing she died not only from drugs, but exposure as well. I think the brother angle is co-incidence. Intriguing though.

Bottom line, all three are/were criminals...

Just a thought. Would it be possible for whoever abandoned her car up PC to duck and dodge traffic while walking down the canyon? IMO I believe it's possible.

Just a couple thoughts. Would it be possible for whoever abandoned her car up PC to duck and dodge traffic while walking down the canyon? IMO I believe it's possible.

I definitely think its possible at like 2 in the morning, but at that time of evening (7ish), there would be plenty of traffic, too much to go unnoticed IMO.

I looked at the brother's court records and both have had a dna fee. I feel good about that. If they were involved it sounds like they have their dna on file. This just all seems so sad. I feel badly for their mother. Losing a daughter that way, and then both boys in jail. This is JMO.

Were you able to note the date of the DNA fee?

My opinion is that this is a big deal if the DNA fee is after Mac's discovery. It would show they are being investigated.

My opinion is that these two liklely had secondary- accessory- activity in this crime.

I have a feeling, and no I'm not claiming to be a psychic, this case will break soon and I also have a feeling there will be news of the arrest on WS before it hits the WW. MOO!

Were you able to note the date of the DNA fee?

My opinion is that this is a big deal if the DNA fee is after Mac's discovery. It would show they are being investigated.

My opinion is that these two liklely had secondary- accessory- activity in this crime.

No, the dna fee was prior. DR 8-18-03 and CR 6-12-06.

Sherlock 9

I find it hard to believe that anyone could get from the hair academy to sunnyslope and back to the boat launch, kill MC, AND stop to wash a car in 40 minutes in 15:00 traffic in Wenatchee.

Traffic has been CRAZY lately. You might be able to make that run without stopping

So my thoughts are that there is someone who wanted to either hurt WC VERY badly and went at it by means of taking someone close to her OR are trying to frame JF since 9 times out of 10 in a situation like this the first person to have the finger pointed at would be a male, close (or supposedly close) to the victim who may have had a more than platonic relationship with that person. Well, with JF's track record with women it would be easy to put this on him, especially if you throw in any kind of tie to construction. Doesn't really sound like it would be too hard to frame someone like him.

I can't see someone doing something this horrific just to hurt WC. Plus, from what people are saying, MC & WC weren't that close, so why wouldn't they choose someone she was closer to?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 60 (19 members and 41 guests)

Sherlock 9

I find it hard to believe that anyone could get from the hair academy to sunnyslope and back to the boat launch, kill MC, AND stop to wash a car in 40 minutes in 15:00 traffic in Wenatchee.

Traffic has been CRAZY lately. You might be able to make that run without stopping

I don't think she went from Hair Academy to Sunnyslope then to boat launch.

My brief timeline would be:

Approx. 3:00- MC leaves Hair Academy (based upon actual film)

Approx. 3:40- MC is at boat launch (based upon LE statement)

Approx 4:00- MC car is at car wash (based on rumor and may nave occured before boat launch sighting, but I think unlikely. My speculation is that the car was at the carwash for a reason- wash off prints, etc. and this would have occured after the boat launch)

4:05- MC car heads north up Wenatchee Ave (only possible exit direction from car wash)

4:20- 5:00- MC arrives at crime scene where she is either held or killed (speculation based upon rumors)

5:30- 5:40ish- MC car is "ditched" up Pitcher Canyon. (speculation as to time based upon LE info regarding "pings" and foot prints as discussed earlier in thead)

Plenty of time for all to have occured. In bad traffic, it's about ten- fifteen minutes from corner of Maple and Wen ave to exit off Wen Ave up Sunnyslope. If she was taken to spec house- this is enough time to have left car wash at 4:00- 4:05 and had her to the house 4:20- 4:30.

In traffic, it would take 20-30 minutes to get from Spec House to Pitcher Canyon Road. If she was seperated from her vehicle at spec house at 4:20- 4:30, this leaves 30- 40 minutes for occurances that resulted in her death- either immediate or eventual before the car would ahve been on it's way to Pitcher canyon, where I'm guessing the last ping was from. If the ping was from a location on the way, it could leave even more time...

I think there was just enough time between events to make all plausible and likely. It seems just the right amount of time, to me

A couple of timeline holes - where was MC between leaving Hair Academy and arriving at Boat launch? Or was she there for an extended period of time, waiting for someone? Hmmmm....

I think we could really go to town on this if someone took the factual timeline and then inserted ideas that have been speculated and widely rumored (like the car wash sighting, the crying in 911 call from Dan's in Leavenworth, etc.)

Leave all the facts in bold and insert in the ideas we have developed and see how it plays out.

So, I was thinking what is the suspect, (person in car with MC at car wash), gonna use for a defense and can we shoot it down right now too?

i.e. - Could it have been the brothers attacking MC after she dropped off the car wash suspect? What's our actual evidence, or rumor, to tie car wash suspect to anything after he will say he was dropped off by MC?

Some WW articles state MC's car was found at 10 pm. I was thinking it was found between 7-8 pm.

I remember the articles and radio reports stating it was found at 10, as well. This would make more sense if her dad was worried that she was out past curfew...

It was noticed at 7, reported at 8, and the family mobilized by 10. I think the police response on the call of an abandoned vehicle was probably rather slow.

I was out at Crescent Bar this weekend and also checked out Pitcher Canyon and the spec house and wanted to share with you all:

On our way to Mission Ridge we drove up Pitcher Canyon and the beginning of the road was heavily populated with a ton of houses then it got to be fewer. There were tons of people outside because it was a nice day so it is very odd to me that no one saw anything the night her car was abandoned there. It could have just been that people wouldn't necessarily notice cars driving up and down the road though.

The spec house is in a really nice neighborhood where it seems like people would look out for each other. It is on the corner but the houses are fairly close to each other so it doesn't seem like the best place to commit a murder, IMO. A lot of windows, etc. but it may have been a place where the body could have been stored.

I actually walked down the cliff and walked along the beach at Crescent Bar (all along public property without trespassing) to check out where MC's body was discovered for myself. First of all, you have to understand that this particular property is very hidden from views from all over. I would be looking out at where it was from the bridge and could see the houses around it but it is placed at such an angle that you cannot see it. Add to that was about 400 sf of dense brush where she was.

You could walk along the beach but it wasn't the most ideal of beaches. There were a lot of rocks but with tennis shoes it wouldn't be that hard. However, there isn't a lot to do out there at this time of year so I could easily see someone taking a walk from the campground beach to this house. Plus the beach up to this house had a lot less rocks. Anyway, I walked over the stream that del rio was talking about her feet being in and saw some of the markers and spray paint. After seeing it in person, I now am fully convinced that the killer did not intend for her body to be found and was planning on pulling up with a boat later on to move her body into the river.

My theory is that the body was placed here on Friday night. It was kept somewhere else until they could think of what they thought would be the perfect place where the body wouldn't be discovered. I think they drove there after dark, put her body in a wheelbarrow and pushed it closer to the shore. Since this property hasn't been lived in for so long, all of the bushes are very overgrown. I think they placed her close enough to the shore that they could easily pull her onto a boat, yet far enough away that boats going by wouldn't notice. It really would take someone standing on the beach up close to see a trace of her.

I think they chose this location after thinking it over for a few days. They knew Crescent Bar is primarily occupied during the summer months so there wouldn't be a lot of traffic, plus this house was in foreclosure. I'm sure they were even able to find out when the next showing of the house would be. Another reason they chose this location was because of how far away it was from her car. They knew people wouldn't be actively looking there.

I think they were waiting until they could borrow a friend's fishing boat because they didn't have access to one at the time. Through their research during the week, they discovered that a lot of hunters and fishers use Crescent Bar's boat launch and that a lot of times, they pull them in late at night when its dark. Most likely, they were planning on putting her body into the river on Saturday night and were probably horrified to find out that someone found it so fast. If they took it out to a remote area on the river and used weights, it probably never would have been found again.

I hope that helps some of you who haven't been to this location before. It's so disturbing and I hope this person/persons are brought to justice soon!