WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they are not solely high school students. That shouldn't matter though, if they are going to allow minors to attend their school they should have proper procedures set in place.

How young are the youngest students there?

I am not 100% sure of this but I believe you have to at least be a senior in high school to be in the running start but I do not know for sure.

Running start is offered to juniors and seniors in high school. I would guess 15yrs and up.

I am not 100% sure of this but I believe you have to at least be a senior in high school to be in the running start but I do not know for sure.

I'm positive Juniors can be running start as well. Maybe a few sophs, but I'm not too sure about them.

The Academy, however, is not running start, nor is it considered to be. Running start is a reference to attendance at Wenatchee Valley College that allows students to work towards an degree by taking 100-200 level college courses that replace high school courses of similar subject matter. It basically allows kids to "double up" and get college credit and high school at the same time.

The Academy is considered vocational, I'm fairly sure. I'm not sure what the rules are for entrance or how it plays with a students academics. I think attendance takes the place of other "electives" students would take at WHS, or another local high school.

I'm positive Juniors can be running start as well. Maybe a few sophs, but I'm not too sure about them.

The Academy, however, is not running start, nor is it considered to be. Running start is a reference to attendance at Wenatchee Valley College that allows students to work towards an degree by taking 100-200 level college courses that replace high school courses of similar subject matter. It basically allows kids to "double up" and get college credit and high school at the same time.

The Academy is considered vocational, I'm fairly sure. I'm not sure what the rules are for entrance or how it plays with a students academics. I think attendance takes the place of other "electives" students would take at WHS, or another local high school.

I just phoned the Hair academy and you have to be at least a Junior in high school before you can be accepted into the program.

Thanks for your responses. This sounds identical to the Tech Center that was local to me when I was in high school. All of the students were juniors and seniors and older folks looking for vocational jobs.

For those of you who are familiar with MC's kind of car, 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix, perhaps you can answer a question. I tried searching all the MC threads here at WS but couldn't find the answer.

If the car is unlocked automatically with the fob, does it unlock all the doors at the same time or just the driver's door? I ask because some cars have a safety feature that only the driver's door will unlock unless the fob button is pushed twice to unlock all doors.

Or, if the car has power locks and the driver's door is unlocked with the key, does just the driver's door unlock or all doors automatically unlock? We have a car with power locks that when the driver's door is unlocked with the key, all the doors automatically unlock too.

From the video it is hard for me to tell if MC unlocked her car automatically with the fob or manually with the key.

TIA

The 'factory default' is the key fob unlocks all doors simultaneously. Unlocking a door with the key unlocks only that door.

I expect LE / Prosecution still wants to know where / when a weapon was purchased, and by whom regardless of the availability of a living victim.

Yes, I think you're right, but we have so little of this types of crime here. I can't think of any recent stabbing of a person, alive or dead that would prompt LE to visit this business. One question I asked was if LE often visited their business for information of this sort and the answer was only a couple times a year, if that.

For those of you who are familiar with MC's kind of car, 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix, perhaps you can answer a question. I tried searching all the MC threads here at WS but couldn't find the answer.

If the car is unlocked automatically with the fob, does it unlock all the doors at the same time or just the driver's door? I ask because some cars have a safety feature that only the driver's door will unlock unless the fob button is pushed twice to unlock all doors.

Or, if the car has power locks and the driver's door is unlocked with the key, does just the driver's door unlock or all doors automatically unlock? We have a car with power locks that when the driver's door is unlocked with the key, all the doors automatically unlock too.

From the video it is hard for me to tell if MC unlocked her car automatically with the fob or manually with the key.

TIA

Fob - factory set to unlock driver door on one push, all doors on second push in rapid succession.

Key - put key driver door, turn clockwise and quickly back up - will unlock only driver door. Put key in ignition, turn clockwise and hold - will open all doors.

Fob - factory set to unlock driver door on one push, all doors on second push in rapid succession.

Key - put key in ignition, turn clockwise and quickly back up - will unlock only driver door. Put key in ignition, turn clockwise and hold - will open all doors.

Thank you (and ChuckMaureen too) for your replies. The reason I asked about the door locks is because if only the driver's door is unlocked with the fob, then that would seem to go against the thought that someone just jumped in her car when she was stopped somewhere on her "break."

If all the doors were unlocked, well, the possibility still exists that someone could open a door and hop in.

Argh, it feels like we are just spinning our wheels today :Bicicleta:

Well, we are just one day away from a whole month from when MC's body was found, so it has been awhile with no arrest or LE identified suspect(s) or POI.

Plus, it has been 10 days or so since there has been any news on the WW website of any substance, by "substance" I mean hard news apart from news about fundraising and the reward fund (not that those are not important, of course).

So, yeah, it does feel like there is some wheel-spinning going on.

I do think there are many who are waiting and hoping that DNA evidence will come back very soon and that an arrest is imminent.

OK, counterpoint... divorce. Tax cheating. Business practice issues leading to lawsuit and incarceration. Who am I talking about?

Martha Stewart.

I can't see her killing anyone."

Martha Stewart went to jail for perjury, plain and simple. She was not convicted of anything else, just not telling an investigator all of the facts.

Thank you (and ChuckMaureen too) for your replies. The reason I asked about the door locks is because if only the driver's door is unlocked with the fob, then that would seem to go against the thought that someone just jumped in her car when she was stopped somewhere on her "break."

If all the doors were unlocked, well, the possibility still exists that someone could open a door and hop in.

Ted Bundy was known as a very charming individual. There are people that even today do not believe he could have killed anyone. Some even believe that he, if he was not a serial killer, could have ran for president. He was able to talk his way into people’s car, houses, and lives. He was even able to talk woman into his car, with his front passenger seat removed. The power of charm sometimes has no limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22