WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good article, I believe that the WW is asking some of the right questions. I have to admit that this gives me very little comfort and a citizen.

Maybe we are thinking to small? I know the police have stated that this was not abduction; however, what if this is part of other crimes in the state? There are 12 children missing in Washington State in the last year. Half of them look somewhat similar to MC? Could there be other missing/murder’s connected to the case?

"Could it take years? Authorities hope not ... but the worry is there"

“It certainly could. We may not ever be able to solve it to the point where we make an arrest. We might be able to assume who committed this crime, but to ever be able to make an arrest, we don’t know.”

— Mike Harum, Chelan County sheriff

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Good point - but also what if you weren't guilty and most of the community (including me) thought you were? Every emotion you showed, every tear you shed or didn't shed, every movement you made, everyone you talked to would be scrutinized...wouldn't you think? MHO of course

I've thought about that same thing.. it's hard for me to put myself in his position because I'm not him..but...
I would like to believe that regardless of how the community feels about me and regardless of where the relationship is with the parent of the child who has died...I would be there in support of the person I love and the family whether I was welcome to sit with the them or not!!!!

“Unfortunately, in this case, we have no witnesses, at least none that have stepped forward, and we have no obvious evidence that points to anyone in particular. It’s a different situation from a case that is solved in the first week.” said Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating her death.

it's absolutely hard to believe that they have no evidence that points to anyone in particular. i can't believe that whoever did this...could have cleaned up any evidence of himself...just can't see it. :waitasec: it just doesn't seem like he/she had the time to be that clean.

I was going to say that sounds like a crime of passion, but who carries a large enough knife to do that? Almost has a premeditated feel about, JMHO.

not sure how big this knife was...but i have dated guys who carried kershaw switchblades on their person at all times...and those seemed to be a good enough size to cause some damage. although the only time i ever saw them use them was to cut their fingernails...boys...

not sure how big this knife was...but i have dated guys who carried kershaw switchblades on their person at all times...and those seemed to be a good enough size to cause some damage. although the only time i ever saw them use them was to cut their fingernails...boys...

They did not mention a knife. Several items could be used to stab someone.

“It could take years,” that is why we are here; to make sure that it does not take years. We owe it to MC to filter out all of the false information and focus on the facts. We have more information now, it is not much, but we can refocus.

Questions:

Now that we know the cause of death, do we have information that was provided to us that we can discount as rumors?

Because of the nature of the cause of death, it is possible that blood loss would be at a minimum? Death could have occurred anywhere and there may be little blood. In addition this was not accident or unplanned fit of rage. This has some planning attached to it.

Are there other cases in the Pacific North West that fit MO of this murder?

“It could take years,” that is why we are here; to make sure that it does not take years. We owe it to MC to filter out all of the false information and focus on the facts. We have more information now, it is not much, but we can refocus.

Questions:

Now that we know the cause of death, do we have information that was provided to us that we can discount as rumors?

Because of the nature of the cause of death, it is possible that blood loss would be at a minimum? Death could have occurred anywhere and there may be little blood. In addition this was not accident or unplanned fit of rage. This has some planning attached to it.

Are there other cases in the Pacific North West that fit MO of this murder?

Wouldn't a stab wound to the neck produce A LOT of blood? It would be spurting would it not?

This article makes me feel sick to my stomache... WHAT IF they really do not have ANYTHING?! I am so frustrated.

Wow! This makes me wonder as well.

I understand this:

"The Wenatchee World obtained the death certificate, a public record, from the Chelan-Douglas Health District on Feb. 23 but withheld the information until now at the request of investigators."

And it leaves me wondering what else the public is not being told at the request of LE?

I'm sure they have their reasons.

Wouldn't a stab wound to the neck produce A LOT of blood? It would be spurting would it not?

I am not a doctor; however, I believe that if someone was strangling her, and the stabbed her in the neck above the strangulation point, blood would be minimized. This is just speculation, we don’t know what she was strangled with and we don’t know where her neck was cut, thinking outside the box a bit.

Also if she was stabbed in the neck after she was dead? There would be very little blood?

I understand this:

"The Wenatchee World obtained the death certificate, a public record, from the Chelan-Douglas Health District on Feb. 23 but withheld the information until now at the request of investigators."

And it leaves me wondering what else the public is not being told at the request of LE?

The following statement sounds a little more encouraging though, particularly the last sentence?

"Investigators on Thursday continued to request that the information be withheld, saying it could make investigating their case more difficult. They said, however, that releasing the information would not prevent them from solving the case."

ETA: And note THURSDAY in the first sentence.

I understand this:

Well we know now for sure that they have obtained search warrants for multiple locations. They say they do not know where the actual murder took place. I hope they are just withholding that from us too. The first article gives me NO hope... However this comment in the cause of death article seems more promissing:

"Investigators on Thursday continued to request that the information be withheld, saying it could make investigating their case more difficult. They said, however, that releasing the information would not prevent them from solving the case."

Maybe we are thinking to small? I know the police have stated that this was not abduction; however, what if this is part of other crimes in the state? There are 12 children missing in Washington State in the last year. Half of them look somewhat similar to MC? Could there be other missing/murder’s connected to the case?

I am not a doctor; however, I believe that if someone was strangling her, and the stabbed her in the neck above the strangulation point, blood would be minimized. This is just speculation, we don’t know what she was strangled with and we don’t know where her neck was cut, thinking outside the box a bit.

True... Ok, thank you for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member