WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
~respectfully snipped~
Earlier I was an advocate to the possibility of this murder being related to other murders. Could this be gang related? I heard something!!!! If it is, that would complicate a case.
Just a couple of thoughts.

I think this murder could very well be gang related. I'm not sure about it relating to other murders across the state - only because there was no sexual assault that we know of. It seems like serial murderers are generally rapists also, right? Maybe not, I don't read too much about serial murderers, because quite honestly it scares me.

The gang issue though, I think is a very real possibility. And it just seems that it is something that Mackenzie could have gotten caught up in, without really even knowing, kwim? Say for instance, some guy started coming into the beauty school for low cost haircuts (do they allow that at the Academy of Hair Design?). He starts hitting on Mackenzie. Asks her out for coffee, etc. His gangland girlfriend or wanna be girlfriend gets wind of it. It wouldn't matter whether Mackenzie met him for coffee or not. The girlfriend would only care that he was hitting on Mackenzie. In her mind it would be ALL Mackenzie's fault, because you know... let's face it - she (the girlfriend) likes the guy, he can't possibly be hitting on another girl.

So this gangland girlfriend gets pizzzzed, makes up to Mackenzie. Asks Mackenzie to meet her at the boat ramp. Girlfriend brings a friend with her.

And this is where premeditation would come into play. It seems that if the perp did make arrangements to meet Mackenzie at the boatramp, s/he knew they would have to talk Mackenzie into going somewhere else, right? Otherwise we would have heard that Mackenzie was seen having an argument with someone at the boat ramp, right?

And of course there could be a thousand other reasons why Mackenzie was at the boat ramp, including all those that have previously been discussed in these last 8 threads.

Yes, it does feel as if we are going in circles.......

Salem

It does seem like we are going in circles. Unfortunately it looks like, until they have solid evidence, the police are also going in circles.

~respectfully snipped~

I think this murder could very well be gang related. I'm not sure about it relating to other murders across the state - only because there was no sexual assault that we know of. It seems like serial murderers are generally rapists also, right? Maybe not, I don't read too much about serial murderers, because quite honestly it scares me.

The gang issue though, I think is a very real possibility. And it just seems that it is something that Mackenzie could have gotten caught up in, without really even knowing, kwim? Say for instance, some guy started coming into the beauty school for low cost haircuts (do they allow that at the Academy of Hair Design?). He starts hitting on Mackenzie. Asks her out for coffee, etc. His gangland girlfriend or wanna be girlfriend gets wind of it. It wouldn't matter whether Mackenzie met him for coffee or not. The girlfriend would only care that he was hitting on Mackenzie. In her mind it would be ALL Mackenzie's fault, because you know... let's face it - she (the girlfriend) likes the guy, he can't possibly be hitting on another girl.

So this gangland girlfriend gets pizzzzed, makes up to Mackenzie. Asks Mackenzie to meet her at the boat ramp. Girlfriend brings a friend with her.

And this is where premeditation would come into play. It seems that if the perp did make arrangements to meet Mackenzie at the boatramp, s/he knew they would have to talk Mackenzie into going somewhere else, right? Otherwise we would have heard that Mackenzie was seen having an argument with someone at the boat ramp, right?

And of course there could be a thousand other reasons why Mackenzie was at the boat ramp, including all those that have previously been discussed in these last 8 threads.

Salem

I don't think gangs are involved. First of all, gangs attack for good reason- or at least because the person has done something to them. The only possibility would be from the charges VD had. I also don't think gangs would go to the extent of covering things up that MC's killer has. They are usually proud of what they do and like to send the message to not mess with them.

I still think JF is involved. When you really look at all of the possibilities, he is the one that makes the most sense.

This last paragraph in the mystery article:

“To the extent that none of the searches to this point have revealed where the actual homicide occurred or evidence pointing to a suspect, it would not be appropriate to release and would potentially hinder the investigation in the future.”

Says clearly that they don't know where Mackenzie was killed. Evidently, CBR was not the kill site. Ugh.

Not necessarily. MC might have been killed at CB .. it's just that the evidence found at the scene does not specifically indicate as such.

Earlier I was an advocate to the possibility of this murder being related to other murders. What if we simplify what has happened? Could this be gang related? I heard something!!!! If it is, that would complicate a case. There could be many people involved. The weekend after MC disappeared, gang activity peaked and several people were arrested for a drive by, a few days later a couple more were picked up. I know, first hand that many if not all people on probation were called in to their probation officers and checked for violations. Some of them are still being held. If this involved many people, gang members are notorious for not talking, it may take a while for the police to construct what happened. This could also mean that many people were working on this independently. MC’s car could have been driven all over town by one person, while she was in the car with another on her way to Crescent Bar. It is possible that gangs could know about Crescent Bar because it is a hangout during the summer and near Quincy. They also have very active gangs? It could also tie in with the guy who Mackenzie had the restraining order against from 2005. Is he currently in a gang? He is in jail, to the best of my knowledge, what is he going on trial for and could MC have had some information that she was going to be testifying to?

Just a couple of thoughts.

Pulling statement in red:

"...gang members are notorious for not talking..." to the police. (last part added by me, although I think that is what you meant)

They are notorious for bragging. And the information I have heard about gang chatter indicates they haven't been talking about this case at all.

~respectfully snipped~

Salem

For those who don't live in the area the gangs around here are nothing but a JOKE. Yes they do petty things and even drive by shootings but they are not an organized group that is going to take a witness or enemy out and kill them. For the majority they are teenagers and not a whole lot of adults, this not only from my own observations but also from a former gang member whom I used to work with and am still friends with. I doubt this was a Gang related for this reason let alone that the MO doesn't fit with gang related violence.

I personally don't think this was gang related either, both for what Kitten stated and also because it would involve multiple people knowing about this crime, and the more people know, the more tenuous the situation becomes for the perps. Gang members are also usually impulsive, young, and most of all stupid. I just believe someone would have talked by now or LE would have been able to easily sweat it out of them.

I was looking for threads #7 and 8 and they don't show up on the bottom of the page, like #1-6 do. Wonder why? :confused:

~respectfully snipped~

Salem

Not all serial killers are sexually motivated nor do they all act out their sexually acts physically with their victims. It could very well be that sexual acts did occur but with out leaving behind evidence. IE Oral would leave very little evidence behind. They could have also masturbated this being part of their need/desire. So no this would not rule out a serial killer just because there wasnt any evidence (that we are aware of) of a sexually assault occurring.

I do not think that MC had any gang association. She may have been a frined of someone that had a gang association? She does not seem like the type of person that would be directly involved in a gang. This was just a theory based on her relationship to VDD. Yes he was in jail and was sentenced on March 1st.

Are we sure VDD is/was her BF now? He's a convicted felon!

I'm not an expert on gangs, however, I have an opinion. Usually gangs stay to themselves and only "fight" with other gangs...right?

Let's type about what we do know.

Mackenzie left the Hair Academy at 3:00 p.m. on Feb. 9th. From all accounts this was not unusual for her - she could have been going for coffee or to dance practice or to meet someone at the boat ramp.

Her cell phone sent a text and received a text to her boyfriend at 3:42 p.m. The texts just said "hey" - we don't know if this was unusual.

Her cell phone was pinged at 5:42 p.m. We don't know where.

Her car was found at approx. 7:00 p.m. in Pitcher Canyon and called into LE at 8:03 p.m. When the car owner (Mackenzie's dad) was notified sometime after 8:00 p.m., Mackenzie's dad said this WAS unusual for Mackenzie and filed a missing person report.

Mackenzie was found Feb. 13th at approximately 12:40 p.m. in Crescent Bar.

The Crescent Bar property was vacant and up for sale.

LE said it appeared that Mackenzie was 'placed' there.

Mackenzie was fully clothed, in the clothes she was last seen wearing, including her boots.

Mackenzie's feet were in the water.

There was no indication of a sexual assault.

March 12th - Wenatchee World printed the cause of death to be: strangulation, blunt force trauma and stabbing. http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/12/teen-was-stabbed-strangled/

LE says they have not located the murder crime scene.

Two crime scenes are known: Mackenzie's car and the Crescent Bar property.

A potential crime scene is the spec house owned by Mackenzie's mom.

Pictures of Mackenzie's car show mud and dirt on the tires - indicating the car may have recently been on a dirt road somewhere.

What else do we know - that is NOT rumor or speculation?

Salem

I do not think that MC had any gang association. She may have been a frined of someone that had a gang association? She does not seem like the type of person that would be directly involved in a gang. This was just a theory based on her relationship to VDD. Yes he was in jail and was sentenced on March 1st.

VDD was apparently her ex boyfriend. Her current BF, while she was alive, has the initial JV.

Gangs rarely have knowledge of hidden duck blinds at crescent bar imo

No we are not sure VDD is her boyfriend now, I don't think? Her boyfriend was reported as being 17 years old.

We can not discuss minors, so I will leave it at that, except to say I thought VDD was 21ish? Or do I have some folks mixed up?

Salem

Ooops! I forgot to post a few days ago and say that it is fine if y'all would like to compile a list of potential suspects.

However, you MUST follow TOS. :)

Thanks,

Hoppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics