WA WA - Nancy Moyer, 36, Tenino, 6 March 2009

Good point Ruby, but what if she left under the guise of an emergency? That would explain her purse and ciggies being left behind.

But I guess you are right, it doesn't make much sense. Did you notice they also mentioned her shoes? The way the comment was framed makes me think it was a pair she would have worn had she left the house? Who leaves shoeless even in an emergency.

Good point Ruby, but what if she left under the guise of an emergency? That would explain her purse and ciggies being left behind.

But I guess you are right, it doesn't make much sense. Did you notice they also mentioned her shoes? The way the comment was framed makes me think it was a pair she would have worn had she left the house? Who leaves shoeless even in an emergency.

Yes, I noticed that about the shoes. They did make it sound like they were the ones she would have worn. Though some of us have many pairs. Maybe she went to someone's car to talk to them with bare feet. I still think it was someone known to her. jmo

Yes, I noticed that about the shoes. They did make it sound like they were the ones she would have worn. Though some of us have many pairs. Maybe she went to someone's car to talk to them with bare feet. I still think it was someone known to her. jmo

If she was like me, as soon as I get home from work, I kick my shoes off, change my clothes and put on slippers, so she could have done the same & been wearing slippers or other comfortable shoes. The weather that weekend was very cold/freezing, even had a scattering of snow.

I dont know about you all but there is not one single person that I talk to in my life that someone close to me dosent know about. It wouldnt be unheard of, but rather unusual IMO, for her to be talking to someone at her home at night and that person not be someone that Nancy's friends or family dosent know. So my conclusion (but Im no Columbo) is that this is definitly someone she knows and fits into one of the circles of people in her life.

She drinks, she smokes, does she go to bars? Someone she had met even once?

I wonder if she was telling someone to hurry up and get in the car b/c it was cold out. Could she have been saying that to a child? Normally you would only "mother" someone you know well.

No cell phone or computer? THAT is unusual!!

Thrilled to read about Det Haller/LE releasing new information/clues
about what was found after Nancy Moyer was reported missing.
1. An extra glass found next to her partially consumed wine glass on the coffee table. Fingerprints are identifiable.
2. Neighbor hearing someone say, 'hurry up and get in the car'' and he heard car doors slam. This later on Fri. night.
The news article seems like it is saying that the neighbor heard Nancy's voice at that time.
3. Tenino police officer noticing Nancy bringing in her groceries at 6:45pm that Friday night.
4. Husband saying recycle items already in the trunk for Sat. drop off.

So, judging from this,
Nancy went missing Fri. night.
IMO.IMO.
She had someone in the house and offered them a drink of '''something.'''
The article does not say it was a glass of wine. Nor does it say diet coke or water.

Was she loading the car with recyclables and a friend/neighbor/acquaintance saw her and offered to help?
Maybe she then invited the person into the house?
Maybe.

What if someone dropped by that night, said that her daughters were injured
and offered to drive her to the hospital?
She would willingly get into their car.
Maybe.

What if a neighbor stopped by, was offered a drink, then
acted on some odd fantasy about Nancy and
then abducted her?
(sorry neighbor of nancy's who reported hearing her voice that night.
just am naturally skeptical)
Maybe.
IMO

I know when I first worked on Nancy Moyer's missing person case, there was a video of her house and surroundings. Police were digging by a tree very close by her back door.
There are not any close neighbors, as in her house right up next to the other house. It is not a suburban setting.
Of course, late at night, voices would carry.

Welcome to WS Pipi!!!!

Thanks for the welcome Knox. I've been trying to get caught up on all the posts. I'm not so sure that the neighbor actually heard Nancy's voice, but a female voice which could have been someone else, or even if what he heard came directly from Nancy's house, but it does bring up new questions. Was there a female who wanted to harm her? Was there more than one person, male and female involved? it's possible.

The door was open, lights & TV on, shoes, purse, keys in house. Even if someone had come to her house to entice her away on the pretex of an emergency, she would have at least grabbed her purse and shut the door. No signs of struggle in the house, so it had to be someone she knew or felt comfortable with to go outside with.

If she was outside on the porch having a smoke and someone stopped by that she knew, she may have walked over to their car to talk to them and been pulled inside or been threatened/taken from the porch.

There is the side street next to her house where a car can pull up, park and not be noticed. It would have been easy to have taken her that way.

I truely believe it is someone she knew and quite possibly someone she worked with. Still no answers.

Great video, Ruby. The outside of her home looks kinda dark, even in a daylight photo. I suppose with the layout a stranger (or not) could have been lurking around waiting for an opportunity. Someone just happening upon her on a night when she didnt have the kids seems likely to indicate someone KNEW she'd be alone. And the womans voice that was heard, I guess if there WAS a womans voice, it may have not been Nancy's, it may have been an accomplice to the abductor.

That is new info! I wonder what made them decide to release it. First time we've heard about 2 glasses - looking at the glasses from the great link RubyRed posted, one is a half-filled wine glass, and the other looks like an empty glass mug. Could mean 2 people, or maybe the other glass was a water glass?

Also strange about the neighbor hearing a female voice. In the video, at first when they are showing the 719 mailbox, you can see a house next door. But later when they are outside by her car, it looks like the houses are far apart. Could you hear someone talking outside?

Didn't realize this was the same county where Shantina Smiley disappeared. I wonder if they're connected?

That is new info! I wonder what made them decide to release it. First time we've heard about 2 glasses - looking at the glasses from the great link RubyRed posted, one is a half-filled wine glass, and the other looks like an empty glass mug. Could mean 2 people, or maybe the other glass was a water glass?

Also strange about the neighbor hearing a female voice. In the video, at first when they are showing the 719 mailbox, you can see a house next door. But later when they are outside by her car, it looks like the houses are far apart. Could you hear someone talking outside?

Didn't realize this was the same county where Shantina Smiley disappeared. I wonder if they're connected?

I have followed Nancy's case and when I saw the new info, I was surprised. It has been over a year(does it take that long to get prints back, from the glass) I do not know if the 2 cases are connected, I just noticed the same LE was involved. I sure wish Nancy could be found, so they could catch the perp.

Are the results back from AFIS yet? Bumping for Nancy.

Are there any more planned searches for Nancy?

Hi No More

Co-workers are heading up the searches (kudos to Bev). Goombah usually posts when any searches or fundraisers are upcoming. Hopefully with spring and summer coming up, more searches will be planned.

_wsb_542x363_Nancy+Moyer+_Olympia+Washington_+MomOf2_+Missing+March+8+2009.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/LavandaDolce/NancyMoyer_OlympiaWashington_Mom-1.jpg

http://www.lostnmissing.com/5.htmlI

I often wonder about Nancy. I also wonder who came to her home that night.

This is probably going to sound really nosey... that being said does anyone know why she and her husband separated? Where there another man or a woman in her life? I hate digging into someone sexual persuasion nor have I heard any rumors but a female stalker can be just as obsessed with her target as a male. That my explain the voice saying, " hurry up and get in the car." She may have been abducted, at gun point, by a female.

This is not to bring any negative aspersions on Nancy. I'm just giving another theory. MOO

Just saw this case come up and was skimming through it. Saw her pictures, maybe it's just me, but I think she looks a bit like Shantina.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203
Back